Funny story my roommate told me today. So his teacher, one that I had last year, he saw was wearing a nice watch so he went over to him and asked him about it and he said it was a Cartier watch. Then he told him that it cost $17k. He was dumbfounded at the price. Then he said that it was not the one he wanted because he got it as a gift from his wife. The watch that he wanted was $1,000.... He must have been a little upset when he checked his bank account.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 6/21/15 at 12:42am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 6/24/15 at 3:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 483post #7231 of 103893/28/13 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7232 of 103895/11/13 at 3:10pmpost #7233 of 103895/12/13 at 12:05amHas anyone got any experience with Seiko EPD watches from SDGA, SBFG, SBGA series? I have been thinking about getting a good digital watch for a while and these seem to tick a lot of boxes.
Any other recommendations for solar/ atomic watches on the higher end of the spectrum?post #7234 of 103895/15/13 at 2:44amQuote:
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.post #7235 of 103895/16/13 at 8:39ampost #7236 of 103895/16/13 at 4:32pmpost #7237 of 103895/16/13 at 5:25pmpost #7238 of 103895/17/13 at 4:35pm
Its a Raketa(Rocket) soviet, fully mechanical and with a 24 hour movement and rotating bezel I am extremely fond of.
I like Russian watches much better than Swiss, I think they are less overblownpost #7239 of 103895/18/13 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Negakinu
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.
Same problem here. I kind of lost it with the watches when I got one for birthday present three months ago.
What model is this g-shock? It looks cool, simple and no rainbow colors like many of them have.post #7240 of 103895/18/13 at 6:37pmpost #7241 of 103895/19/13 at 10:04amanyone else have an interest in Russian-made watches?
those by companies like Vostok, Maktime, Volmax, and what used to be Poljot?
I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie 431186 to ship in for the next couple weeks.
I read up they are military style, inexpensive watches.
usually novelty watches, but i like how they're from Russia, which Russian items arent what you call common in America.post #7242 of 103895/19/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
It's the Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1JF. I didn't mind paying a little more, since it was the only G-shock I'd consider wearing. :) I paid about $80 for mine on Ebay but it seems they've risen in price a fair bit since then.
Someone mentioned Vostok? Here are mine!
Edited by Negakinu - 5/19/13 at 1:00pmpost #7243 of 103895/19/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
awesome, I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie #431186 to come in.
it'll be my first Russian-made watch, and my First Mechanical.
Theres a first for everything!
and i guess i have a new hobby interest along with audio.. good luck to my wallet!
Pictures definitely will come up when it arrives in a week or 2!post #7244 of 103895/19/13 at 6:33pm
Fossil Blue BQ9165
I was passed to me by a close cousin, who said it doesnt fit him and he doesnt want it anymore, only needing a new battery.
I am not sure of Waterproofing. but this watch HAS seen better days..
quite a few scratches (not by me) but otherwise would be considered my first watch at the age of 15.
i really like the face design, the flaw i can say about this watch that it is not very luminous.. really hard to read in the dark.
and it keeps track of time very well. as expected of a watch.post #7245 of 103895/19/13 at 6:38pm
Adidas Candy (black and gold) watch.
Not really a fan of this one, among the other watches that were given to me out of family having no use of them.
Im not a fan of the perky childish term: "swag" watch.
I have no idea but it feels uncomfortable on my wrist, hence it doesnt get alot of wrist time.
and of course it has seen better days, really scratched up by the previous owner.
I am trying to get some profit out of it though.. I have no use for it, but otherwise i can always keep it to my collection.
is it normal that i like Analogue watches more than Digitals?
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 7 seconds ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 8 seconds ago
- › cables are placebo 41 seconds ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)