Funny story my roommate told me today. So his teacher, one that I had last year, he saw was wearing a nice watch so he went over to him and asked him about it and he said it was a Cartier watch. Then he told him that it cost $17k. He was dumbfounded at the price. Then he said that it was not the one he wanted because he got it as a gift from his wife. The watch that he wanted was $1,000.... He must have been a little upset when he checked his bank account.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 483post #7231 of 106353/28/13 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7232 of 106355/11/13 at 3:10pmpost #7233 of 106355/12/13 at 12:05amHas anyone got any experience with Seiko EPD watches from SDGA, SBFG, SBGA series? I have been thinking about getting a good digital watch for a while and these seem to tick a lot of boxes.
Any other recommendations for solar/ atomic watches on the higher end of the spectrum?post #7234 of 106355/15/13 at 2:44amQuote:
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.post #7235 of 106355/16/13 at 8:39ampost #7236 of 106355/16/13 at 4:32pmpost #7237 of 106355/16/13 at 5:25pmpost #7238 of 106355/17/13 at 4:35pm
Its a Raketa(Rocket) soviet, fully mechanical and with a 24 hour movement and rotating bezel I am extremely fond of.
I like Russian watches much better than Swiss, I think they are less overblownpost #7239 of 106355/18/13 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Negakinu
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.
Same problem here. I kind of lost it with the watches when I got one for birthday present three months ago.
What model is this g-shock? It looks cool, simple and no rainbow colors like many of them have.post #7240 of 106355/18/13 at 6:37pmpost #7241 of 106355/19/13 at 10:04amanyone else have an interest in Russian-made watches?
those by companies like Vostok, Maktime, Volmax, and what used to be Poljot?
I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie 431186 to ship in for the next couple weeks.
I read up they are military style, inexpensive watches.
usually novelty watches, but i like how they're from Russia, which Russian items arent what you call common in America.post #7242 of 106355/19/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
It's the Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1JF. I didn't mind paying a little more, since it was the only G-shock I'd consider wearing. :) I paid about $80 for mine on Ebay but it seems they've risen in price a fair bit since then.
Someone mentioned Vostok? Here are mine!
Edited by Negakinu - 5/19/13 at 1:00pmpost #7243 of 106355/19/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
awesome, I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie #431186 to come in.
it'll be my first Russian-made watch, and my First Mechanical.
Theres a first for everything!
and i guess i have a new hobby interest along with audio.. good luck to my wallet!
Pictures definitely will come up when it arrives in a week or 2!post #7244 of 106355/19/13 at 6:33pm
Fossil Blue BQ9165
I was passed to me by a close cousin, who said it doesnt fit him and he doesnt want it anymore, only needing a new battery.
I am not sure of Waterproofing. but this watch HAS seen better days..
quite a few scratches (not by me) but otherwise would be considered my first watch at the age of 15.
i really like the face design, the flaw i can say about this watch that it is not very luminous.. really hard to read in the dark.
and it keeps track of time very well. as expected of a watch.post #7245 of 106355/19/13 at 6:38pm
Adidas Candy (black and gold) watch.
Not really a fan of this one, among the other watches that were given to me out of family having no use of them.
Im not a fan of the perky childish term: "swag" watch.
I have no idea but it feels uncomfortable on my wrist, hence it doesnt get alot of wrist time.
and of course it has seen better days, really scratched up by the previous owner.
I am trying to get some profit out of it though.. I have no use for it, but otherwise i can always keep it to my collection.
is it normal that i like Analogue watches more than Digitals?
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › This maybe stretching it, but, headphones on this budget.. 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2