Funny story my roommate told me today. So his teacher, one that I had last year, he saw was wearing a nice watch so he went over to him and asked him about it and he said it was a Cartier watch. Then he told him that it cost $17k. He was dumbfounded at the price. Then he said that it was not the one he wanted because he got it as a gift from his wife. The watch that he wanted was $1,000.... He must have been a little upset when he checked his bank account.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 483post #7231 of 105443/28/13 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7232 of 105445/11/13 at 3:10pmpost #7233 of 105445/12/13 at 12:05amHas anyone got any experience with Seiko EPD watches from SDGA, SBFG, SBGA series? I have been thinking about getting a good digital watch for a while and these seem to tick a lot of boxes.
Any other recommendations for solar/ atomic watches on the higher end of the spectrum?post #7234 of 105445/15/13 at 2:44amQuote:
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.post #7235 of 105445/16/13 at 8:39ampost #7236 of 105445/16/13 at 4:32pmpost #7237 of 105445/16/13 at 5:25pmpost #7238 of 105445/17/13 at 4:35pm
Its a Raketa(Rocket) soviet, fully mechanical and with a 24 hour movement and rotating bezel I am extremely fond of.
I like Russian watches much better than Swiss, I think they are less overblownpost #7239 of 105445/18/13 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Negakinu
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.
Same problem here. I kind of lost it with the watches when I got one for birthday present three months ago.
What model is this g-shock? It looks cool, simple and no rainbow colors like many of them have.post #7240 of 105445/18/13 at 6:37pmpost #7241 of 105445/19/13 at 10:04amanyone else have an interest in Russian-made watches?
those by companies like Vostok, Maktime, Volmax, and what used to be Poljot?
I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie 431186 to ship in for the next couple weeks.
I read up they are military style, inexpensive watches.
usually novelty watches, but i like how they're from Russia, which Russian items arent what you call common in America.post #7242 of 105445/19/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
It's the Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1JF. I didn't mind paying a little more, since it was the only G-shock I'd consider wearing. :) I paid about $80 for mine on Ebay but it seems they've risen in price a fair bit since then.
Someone mentioned Vostok? Here are mine!
Edited by Negakinu - 5/19/13 at 1:00pmpost #7243 of 105445/19/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
awesome, I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie #431186 to come in.
it'll be my first Russian-made watch, and my First Mechanical.
Theres a first for everything!
and i guess i have a new hobby interest along with audio.. good luck to my wallet!
Pictures definitely will come up when it arrives in a week or 2!post #7244 of 105445/19/13 at 6:33pm
Fossil Blue BQ9165
I was passed to me by a close cousin, who said it doesnt fit him and he doesnt want it anymore, only needing a new battery.
I am not sure of Waterproofing. but this watch HAS seen better days..
quite a few scratches (not by me) but otherwise would be considered my first watch at the age of 15.
i really like the face design, the flaw i can say about this watch that it is not very luminous.. really hard to read in the dark.
and it keeps track of time very well. as expected of a watch.post #7245 of 105445/19/13 at 6:38pm
Adidas Candy (black and gold) watch.
Not really a fan of this one, among the other watches that were given to me out of family having no use of them.
Im not a fan of the perky childish term: "swag" watch.
I have no idea but it feels uncomfortable on my wrist, hence it doesnt get alot of wrist time.
and of course it has seen better days, really scratched up by the previous owner.
I am trying to get some profit out of it though.. I have no use for it, but otherwise i can always keep it to my collection.
is it normal that i like Analogue watches more than Digitals?
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Spare Roxqnne, Layla and Angie cables 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3