Funny story my roommate told me today. So his teacher, one that I had last year, he saw was wearing a nice watch so he went over to him and asked him about it and he said it was a Cartier watch. Then he told him that it cost $17k. He was dumbfounded at the price. Then he said that it was not the one he wanted because he got it as a gift from his wife. The watch that he wanted was $1,000.... He must have been a little upset when he checked his bank account.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 483post #7231 of 107463/28/13 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7232 of 107465/11/13 at 3:10pmpost #7233 of 107465/12/13 at 12:05amHas anyone got any experience with Seiko EPD watches from SDGA, SBFG, SBGA series? I have been thinking about getting a good digital watch for a while and these seem to tick a lot of boxes.
Any other recommendations for solar/ atomic watches on the higher end of the spectrum?post #7234 of 107465/15/13 at 2:44amQuote:
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.post #7235 of 107465/16/13 at 8:39ampost #7236 of 107465/16/13 at 4:32pmpost #7237 of 107465/16/13 at 5:25pmpost #7238 of 107465/17/13 at 4:35pm
Its a Raketa(Rocket) soviet, fully mechanical and with a 24 hour movement and rotating bezel I am extremely fond of.
I like Russian watches much better than Swiss, I think they are less overblownpost #7239 of 107465/18/13 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Negakinu
They're so much fun! I have this one:
Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek.
Same problem here. I kind of lost it with the watches when I got one for birthday present three months ago.
What model is this g-shock? It looks cool, simple and no rainbow colors like many of them have.post #7240 of 107465/18/13 at 6:37pmpost #7241 of 107465/19/13 at 10:04amanyone else have an interest in Russian-made watches?
those by companies like Vostok, Maktime, Volmax, and what used to be Poljot?
I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie 431186 to ship in for the next couple weeks.
I read up they are military style, inexpensive watches.
usually novelty watches, but i like how they're from Russia, which Russian items arent what you call common in America.post #7242 of 107465/19/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
It's the Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1JF. I didn't mind paying a little more, since it was the only G-shock I'd consider wearing. :) I paid about $80 for mine on Ebay but it seems they've risen in price a fair bit since then.
Someone mentioned Vostok? Here are mine!
Edited by Negakinu - 5/19/13 at 1:00pmpost #7243 of 107465/19/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
awesome, I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie #431186 to come in.
it'll be my first Russian-made watch, and my First Mechanical.
Theres a first for everything!
and i guess i have a new hobby interest along with audio.. good luck to my wallet!
Pictures definitely will come up when it arrives in a week or 2!post #7244 of 107465/19/13 at 6:33pm
Fossil Blue BQ9165
I was passed to me by a close cousin, who said it doesnt fit him and he doesnt want it anymore, only needing a new battery.
I am not sure of Waterproofing. but this watch HAS seen better days..
quite a few scratches (not by me) but otherwise would be considered my first watch at the age of 15.
i really like the face design, the flaw i can say about this watch that it is not very luminous.. really hard to read in the dark.
and it keeps track of time very well. as expected of a watch.post #7245 of 107465/19/13 at 6:38pm
Adidas Candy (black and gold) watch.
Not really a fan of this one, among the other watches that were given to me out of family having no use of them.
Im not a fan of the perky childish term: "swag" watch.
I have no idea but it feels uncomfortable on my wrist, hence it doesnt get alot of wrist time.
and of course it has seen better days, really scratched up by the previous owner.
I am trying to get some profit out of it though.. I have no use for it, but otherwise i can always keep it to my collection.
is it normal that i like Analogue watches more than Digitals?
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 42 seconds ago
- › Little dot vs Caylin HA-1A ? 49 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 6 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2