Are there any similar design wristwatches to A. Lange & Söhne ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 477post #7141 of 105341/24/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7142 of 105341/24/13 at 9:44ampost #7143 of 105341/24/13 at 10:00ampost #7144 of 105341/24/13 at 10:04am
Patek and many independents in terms of quality. GO on terms of style
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2post #7145 of 105341/24/13 at 10:55ampost #7146 of 105341/24/13 at 1:13pm
Ah, the ones where you can see all the workings are called Skeleton watches :D
Love the look of them.
Look at this one as an example:
Or haha, a more expensive one:
This one doesn't look so bad either:
This also looks different:
You tell me this doesn't look so so kewl. I'm getting one :)
Edited by musical-kage - 1/24/13 at 2:03pmpost #7147 of 105341/27/13 at 11:48am
More of a technology question but if I'm going to find some expertise, I think it's going to be in this thread!
I have a Seiko Kinetic ... yes, I know, you're all just about to point me at a capacitor replacement kit. That's probably the answer but I'd like an opinion on how likely alternative/additional issues may be before I try that.
The watch is a 5M63 and my understanding is that it should already have a Li-ion cell, good for 20+ years and with a reserve of several months. I've charged it to the 30s indicator by swinging it rather than by just wearing it. Let's be pessimistic and say it's just gone over the 20s indicator. The watch stops overnight. It started to deteriorate when I'd had the watch (from new) for about 5-6 years and at the time I was wearing it through the working week. Then it stopped holding charge over the weekend. Once or twice when I've pressed the indicator button, the second hand has juddered in place without advancing. After 5, 10, 20, 30s, whatever the charge would have been, it carried on as normal. Is this indicative of anything or just an anomaly?
Any thoughts on it being something other than the battery in the battery-less watch? (What a con that turned out to be!)
Seiko UK just issued a standard, 'send it to us for a once over, that'll be £90 (+shipping), thanks'. No mention of replacement kits or issues with Kinetics. Didn't really address the specifics. Disappointing.post #7148 of 105341/27/13 at 10:42pmpost #7149 of 105341/29/13 at 3:04ampost #7150 of 105341/29/13 at 6:34pmpost #7151 of 105341/30/13 at 9:31am
@Klaatu: Your Monaco looks good with the fat leather strap but I still think the strap would suit a Panerai-type of watch better. If you want to use a leather strap with the Monaco a black crocodile strap would be my personal choicepost #7152 of 105341/30/13 at 10:09amQuote:
Heh, you and every other watch geek I know. Either black croc or a black ralley with white stitching Some of them are pretty insistent about it.
Edited by Klaatu - 1/30/13 at 10:10ampost #7153 of 105341/30/13 at 10:44amQuote:
X2, I have a strap that looks like it on my 90 and love it.post #7154 of 105341/30/13 at 10:48amQuote:
hehe yeah, exactly - and I think it never hurts trying something different. Maybe I am just a bit too conservative when it comes to watchespost #7155 of 105341/30/13 at 1:32pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Can't pick a pair of headphones, please help! 9 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 35 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3