Are there any similar design wristwatches to A. Lange & Söhne ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 477post #7141 of 106351/24/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7142 of 106351/24/13 at 9:44ampost #7143 of 106351/24/13 at 10:00ampost #7144 of 106351/24/13 at 10:04am
Patek and many independents in terms of quality. GO on terms of style
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2post #7145 of 106351/24/13 at 10:55ampost #7146 of 106351/24/13 at 1:13pm
Ah, the ones where you can see all the workings are called Skeleton watches :D
Love the look of them.
Look at this one as an example:
Or haha, a more expensive one:
This one doesn't look so bad either:
This also looks different:
You tell me this doesn't look so so kewl. I'm getting one :)
Edited by musical-kage - 1/24/13 at 2:03pmpost #7147 of 106351/27/13 at 11:48am
More of a technology question but if I'm going to find some expertise, I think it's going to be in this thread!
I have a Seiko Kinetic ... yes, I know, you're all just about to point me at a capacitor replacement kit. That's probably the answer but I'd like an opinion on how likely alternative/additional issues may be before I try that.
The watch is a 5M63 and my understanding is that it should already have a Li-ion cell, good for 20+ years and with a reserve of several months. I've charged it to the 30s indicator by swinging it rather than by just wearing it. Let's be pessimistic and say it's just gone over the 20s indicator. The watch stops overnight. It started to deteriorate when I'd had the watch (from new) for about 5-6 years and at the time I was wearing it through the working week. Then it stopped holding charge over the weekend. Once or twice when I've pressed the indicator button, the second hand has juddered in place without advancing. After 5, 10, 20, 30s, whatever the charge would have been, it carried on as normal. Is this indicative of anything or just an anomaly?
Any thoughts on it being something other than the battery in the battery-less watch? (What a con that turned out to be!)
Seiko UK just issued a standard, 'send it to us for a once over, that'll be £90 (+shipping), thanks'. No mention of replacement kits or issues with Kinetics. Didn't really address the specifics. Disappointing.post #7148 of 106351/27/13 at 10:42pmpost #7149 of 106351/29/13 at 3:04ampost #7150 of 106351/29/13 at 6:34pmpost #7151 of 106351/30/13 at 9:31am
@Klaatu: Your Monaco looks good with the fat leather strap but I still think the strap would suit a Panerai-type of watch better. If you want to use a leather strap with the Monaco a black crocodile strap would be my personal choicepost #7152 of 106351/30/13 at 10:09amQuote:
Heh, you and every other watch geek I know. Either black croc or a black ralley with white stitching Some of them are pretty insistent about it.
Edited by Klaatu - 1/30/13 at 10:10ampost #7153 of 106351/30/13 at 10:44amQuote:
X2, I have a strap that looks like it on my 90 and love it.post #7154 of 106351/30/13 at 10:48amQuote:
hehe yeah, exactly - and I think it never hurts trying something different. Maybe I am just a bit too conservative when it comes to watchespost #7155 of 106351/30/13 at 1:32pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 4 seconds ago
- › "Best" USB DAC/Amp for $300 or less 27 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 32 seconds ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 36 seconds ago
- › Dynamic Range Compressor in VLC - WOW 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Shure 1840 w/Original Box, Accessoires and Invoice 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2