Are there any similar design wristwatches to A. Lange & Söhne ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/3/15 at 9:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 6/24/15 at 3:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 477post #7141 of 104001/24/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7142 of 104001/24/13 at 9:44ampost #7143 of 104001/24/13 at 10:00ampost #7144 of 104001/24/13 at 10:04am
Patek and many independents in terms of quality. GO on terms of style
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2post #7145 of 104001/24/13 at 10:55ampost #7146 of 104001/24/13 at 1:13pm
Ah, the ones where you can see all the workings are called Skeleton watches :D
Love the look of them.
Look at this one as an example:
Or haha, a more expensive one:
This one doesn't look so bad either:
This also looks different:
You tell me this doesn't look so so kewl. I'm getting one :)
Edited by musical-kage - 1/24/13 at 2:03pmpost #7147 of 104001/27/13 at 11:48am
More of a technology question but if I'm going to find some expertise, I think it's going to be in this thread!
I have a Seiko Kinetic ... yes, I know, you're all just about to point me at a capacitor replacement kit. That's probably the answer but I'd like an opinion on how likely alternative/additional issues may be before I try that.
The watch is a 5M63 and my understanding is that it should already have a Li-ion cell, good for 20+ years and with a reserve of several months. I've charged it to the 30s indicator by swinging it rather than by just wearing it. Let's be pessimistic and say it's just gone over the 20s indicator. The watch stops overnight. It started to deteriorate when I'd had the watch (from new) for about 5-6 years and at the time I was wearing it through the working week. Then it stopped holding charge over the weekend. Once or twice when I've pressed the indicator button, the second hand has juddered in place without advancing. After 5, 10, 20, 30s, whatever the charge would have been, it carried on as normal. Is this indicative of anything or just an anomaly?
Any thoughts on it being something other than the battery in the battery-less watch? (What a con that turned out to be!)
Seiko UK just issued a standard, 'send it to us for a once over, that'll be £90 (+shipping), thanks'. No mention of replacement kits or issues with Kinetics. Didn't really address the specifics. Disappointing.post #7148 of 104001/27/13 at 10:42pmpost #7149 of 104001/29/13 at 3:04ampost #7150 of 104001/29/13 at 6:34pmpost #7151 of 104001/30/13 at 9:31am
@Klaatu: Your Monaco looks good with the fat leather strap but I still think the strap would suit a Panerai-type of watch better. If you want to use a leather strap with the Monaco a black crocodile strap would be my personal choicepost #7152 of 104001/30/13 at 10:09amQuote:
Heh, you and every other watch geek I know. Either black croc or a black ralley with white stitching Some of them are pretty insistent about it.
Edited by Klaatu - 1/30/13 at 10:10ampost #7153 of 104001/30/13 at 10:44amQuote:
X2, I have a strap that looks like it on my 90 and love it.post #7154 of 104001/30/13 at 10:48amQuote:
hehe yeah, exactly - and I think it never hurts trying something different. Maybe I am just a bit too conservative when it comes to watchespost #7155 of 104001/30/13 at 1:32pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › InEar StageDiver 2S 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › What would give me the best sound for Microlab solo 6c 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › Hey from DC, Starting HFi Journey, 1K or less 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)