Are there any similar design wristwatches to A. Lange & Söhne ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 477post #7141 of 107451/24/13 at 4:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7142 of 107451/24/13 at 9:44ampost #7143 of 107451/24/13 at 10:00ampost #7144 of 107451/24/13 at 10:04am
Patek and many independents in terms of quality. GO on terms of style
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2post #7145 of 107451/24/13 at 10:55ampost #7146 of 107451/24/13 at 1:13pm
Ah, the ones where you can see all the workings are called Skeleton watches :D
Love the look of them.
Look at this one as an example:
Or haha, a more expensive one:
This one doesn't look so bad either:
This also looks different:
You tell me this doesn't look so so kewl. I'm getting one :)
Edited by musical-kage - 1/24/13 at 2:03pmpost #7147 of 107451/27/13 at 11:48am
More of a technology question but if I'm going to find some expertise, I think it's going to be in this thread!
I have a Seiko Kinetic ... yes, I know, you're all just about to point me at a capacitor replacement kit. That's probably the answer but I'd like an opinion on how likely alternative/additional issues may be before I try that.
The watch is a 5M63 and my understanding is that it should already have a Li-ion cell, good for 20+ years and with a reserve of several months. I've charged it to the 30s indicator by swinging it rather than by just wearing it. Let's be pessimistic and say it's just gone over the 20s indicator. The watch stops overnight. It started to deteriorate when I'd had the watch (from new) for about 5-6 years and at the time I was wearing it through the working week. Then it stopped holding charge over the weekend. Once or twice when I've pressed the indicator button, the second hand has juddered in place without advancing. After 5, 10, 20, 30s, whatever the charge would have been, it carried on as normal. Is this indicative of anything or just an anomaly?
Any thoughts on it being something other than the battery in the battery-less watch? (What a con that turned out to be!)
Seiko UK just issued a standard, 'send it to us for a once over, that'll be £90 (+shipping), thanks'. No mention of replacement kits or issues with Kinetics. Didn't really address the specifics. Disappointing.post #7148 of 107451/27/13 at 10:42pmpost #7149 of 107451/29/13 at 3:04ampost #7150 of 107451/29/13 at 6:34pmpost #7151 of 107451/30/13 at 9:31am
@Klaatu: Your Monaco looks good with the fat leather strap but I still think the strap would suit a Panerai-type of watch better. If you want to use a leather strap with the Monaco a black crocodile strap would be my personal choicepost #7152 of 107451/30/13 at 10:09amQuote:
Heh, you and every other watch geek I know. Either black croc or a black ralley with white stitching Some of them are pretty insistent about it.
Edited by Klaatu - 1/30/13 at 10:10ampost #7153 of 107451/30/13 at 10:44amQuote:
X2, I have a strap that looks like it on my 90 and love it.post #7154 of 107451/30/13 at 10:48amQuote:
hehe yeah, exactly - and I think it never hurts trying something different. Maybe I am just a bit too conservative when it comes to watchespost #7155 of 107451/30/13 at 1:32pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › FLC press conference new products summary 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2