Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 473

post #7081 of 8051

Got this coming in. My first Sea-Gull branded watch. It's the M172s retrograde with sapphire dial, sapphire display case, 5ATM, black leather strap with butterfly deployment, stainless steel case, ST2505 automatic movement with power reserve indicator and rotating balance wheel. A bit of a poor man's tourbillon. :) 


Edited by Negakinu - 9/11/12 at 7:01am
post #7082 of 8051
Really love the Sea-Gull's, very well made and beautiful to look at and the movements in my limited experience (had an Alpha chrono with a Sea-Gull movement) are super reliable.
post #7083 of 8051

In pics - Breitling Navitimer World, Breitling Datora, and Tag Carerra.  I also have a B&R 01-94 chrono with yellow indicators.

 

 

 

post #7084 of 8051

is nice!
 

post #7085 of 8051

Nice Seagull! Where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

I really like the power reserve indicator too. I know it may be sort of gimmicky, but I really wish my Mako would have. That's the biggest issue I have with it. Since I don't own a winder, I never know how long to move it for to keep it going and its something I inevitably forget to do every day.

post #7086 of 8051
I am guessing here, http://usseagull.com/index.asp

I have only found power reserves really useful on two types of watches, manual wind though even then with a manual wind it always worked best if it is wound every 24 hours so the power reserve becomes moot I guess. They most useful application in my experience is on my Citizen 2100 mechanical/ ecodrive Chrono. In fact I think on any of the Eco drives it is a really useful tool to make sure the cell is fully charged. Having said all of that I like the feature regardless and still more useful than most chronograph I have used ( except my present Breitling with the magnetic pushers!)



Ryhno, love the Breitlings, I have an avenger seawolf chronograph.
post #7087 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkz View Post

Nice Seagull! Where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

I really like the power reserve indicator too. I know it may be sort of gimmicky, but I really wish my Mako would have. That's the biggest issue I have with it. Since I don't own a winder, I never know how long to move it for to keep it going and its something I inevitably forget to do every day.

I bought it on Ebay. There's a seller called Rockymartin2011 who is a Watchuseek forum member and has these M172s models on sale for $200 incl. shipping. He provides a tracking number which seems to work just fine. You can also check out the M171s, which has a day of the week display instead of the power reserve. I opted for the PR since I damn well know which day of the week it is without my watch needing to tell me. :p 

 

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/251148162497?var=550176768074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_590wt_1396

 

He sells a gold rotor version too which I actually preferred to my silver rotor version but I refused to shell out an extra $30 just for the different paint color. ;) 


Edited by Negakinu - 9/11/12 at 10:52am
post #7088 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Really love the Sea-Gull's, very well made and beautiful to look at and the movements in my limited experience (had an Alpha chrono with a Sea-Gull movement) are super reliable.

I have an Alpha with a ST19 movement. It's absolutely gorgeous!

 

This is mine:

 

post #7089 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Got this coming in. My first Sea-Gull branded watch. It's the M172s retrograde with sapphire dial, sapphire display case, 5ATM, black leather strap with butterfly deployment, stainless steel case, ST2505 automatic movement with power reserve indicator and rotating balance wheel. A bit of a poor man's tourbillon. :) 
 

I have a Guess branded watch with that movement in it. It's quite the eye catcher, but it has a very large, thick case. I like it , but it isn't  in keeping with my normal tastes.

post #7090 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post

I have a Guess branded watch with that movement in it. It's quite the eye catcher, but it has a very large, thick case. I like it , but it isn't  in keeping with my normal tastes.

That would make sense as Guess are owned by Timex and Timex source their mechanical movements from Sea-Gull, or at least they used to when I had one of their watches a few years ago (i am talking 21st century Timex) not watchmaking Timex who used to make all their mechanical watches in several countries around the world. My very first Timex, in fact my very first watch was a manual wind boys watch from Timex in the 1970's which was made in Scotland.
post #7091 of 8051

Yup! 

 

post #7092 of 8051

Subscribed

post #7093 of 8051

someone know any web resource helping to indentify the watch movements? i've picked an old Dugena chronograph and would love to know more about it (i might be able to post the pics later in the week)

post #7094 of 8051

okay i managed to get some infos - it seems that it is some older Valjoux movement - I also picked a vintage Seiko LCD watch in nice condition - always wanted one! :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

the Seiko had a slight problem with fourth digit (piece missing) - fortunately it is not a complicated watch and it was an easy repair


Edited by JeckyllAndHyde - 10/8/12 at 1:38pm
post #7095 of 8051

I'm no expert, but I recently got a hold of one of Relic's middle of the line watches for my birthday. Seems pretty nice!

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!