Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 471

post #7051 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

Hey iim7V7IM7...
Stunning close-ups, and some great watches!
Let's see the dial on that Blancpain, if you would, please.

Cheers

Here you go...
BPUSGD_Front.jpg
BPUSGD_Wrist.jpg
post #7052 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post

Sometimes the back is better than the front...

 

Yup!

 

post #7053 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftnose View Post

Yup!


Lemania 1873 is a great chronograph movement...

jd4-1.jpg
post #7054 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftnose View Post

 

Yup!

 

 

Will have mine in a week or so :)

post #7055 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

Will have mine in a week or so smily_headphones1.gif

You ordered a Speedmaster?
post #7056 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post


You ordered a Speedmaster?

 

3573.50 :)

post #7057 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

3573.50 smily_headphones1.gif

A classic...enjoy
post #7058 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post


A classic...enjoy

 

Thanks :). I will post pics when I get it. Already bought a Hirsch Medici strap, hoping to get it soon too.

post #7059 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif. I will post pics when I get it. Already bought a Hirsch Medici strap, hoping to get it soon too.

Great choice of watch, an all time classic! Great choice of strap as well. I have a friend who works for Omega (she now teaches watchmaking there, she used to build the Tourbillions) She told me Hirsch make most of the leather straps for Omega so they are a wise choice to go for and save a bundle of money over an Omega strap!

If I were you I would have a look on eBay for a genuine omega tang buckle to finish it off nicely!
post #7060 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post


Great choice of watch, an all time classic! Great choice of strap as well. I have a friend who works for Omega (she now teaches watchmaking there, she used to build the Tourbillions) She told me Hirsch make most of the leather straps for Omega so they are a wise choice to go for and save a bundle of money over an Omega strap!
If I were you I would have a look on eBay for a genuine omega tang buckle to finish it off nicely!

 

I will be looking for either a tang buckle or a deplyment clasp to compliment the Hirsch, but have to see if I prefer the strap or the bracelet first, before investing into something I might never use.

 

eBay is actually a good idea, I thought about Oto Frei, but the new Omega stuff is quite expensive.

post #7061 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

 

I will be looking for either a tang buckle or a deplyment clasp to compliment the Hirsch, but have to see if I prefer the strap or the bracelet first, before investing into something I might never use.

 

eBay is actually a good idea, I thought about Oto Frei, but the new Omega stuff is quite expensive.

If you decide on a deployant, I can't recommend Bob Davis' any more: http://www.mywatchmaker.net/

 

Nice guy and a great deployant; I use them by default on any leather strap as they greatly extend the life of the strap.  While my Speedmaster is currently on its original bracelet, I've also got a Hirsch San Remo with an RHD deployant for it.  I tend to use bracelets in summer and straps in winter.

post #7062 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftnose View Post

If you decide on a deployant, I can't recommend Bob Davis' any more: http://www.mywatchmaker.net/

 

Nice guy and a great deployant; I use them by default on any leather strap as they greatly extend the life of the strap.  While my Speedmaster is currently on its original bracelet, I've also got a Hirsch San Remo with an RHD deployant for it.  I tend to use bracelets in summer and straps in winter.

Great advice. Will have a look.

post #7063 of 7936
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftnose View Post

If you decide on a deployant, I can't recommend Bob Davis' any more: http://www.mywatchmaker.net/

 

Nice guy and a great deployant; I use them by default on any leather strap as they greatly extend the life of the strap.  While my Speedmaster is currently on its original bracelet, I've also got a Hirsch San Remo with an RHD deployant for it.  I tend to use bracelets in summer and straps in winter.

 

 

The RHD is an amazing deployment. Got one for my 112 when i first received the watch years ago and it worked perfect up until last week when a spring bar busted. The watch luckily fell off as i was getting out of my car in a garage, not sure what was to blame for the spring bar bust. Bob includes a extra spring bar with every order and now i am glad.  I ordered two more awhile back for my Lum-Tecs and they worked perfect, great guy he is with a great deployment!

post #7064 of 7936

Got my Speedy Pro today. Unbelievable! It is a beauty. Will post in a few days when I get it set up and all :)

post #7065 of 7936
INCOMING!! A Seiko Ananta Automatic Chronograph. A soup to nuts in house watch, and a very unique case.

Arrives tomorrow. WooHoo!

18560e2e-a307-510c.jpg

borrowed pic of the actual watch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!