Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 465

post #6961 of 8404

Anyone know of good watch cleaner (remove reside, polish, clean the stuff inside) in New York?

post #6962 of 8404

Did you see Tiger Wood's new watch at the Memorial? He was wearing the new Rolex DeepSea Dweller… awesome watch!

post #6963 of 8404

Bought a vintage Seiko 6309-7290 diver. I like it a lot but I found out most of the parts are aftermarket (bezel, hands, dial). It's a bit of a Frankenstein. I only paid $65 so I'm not too bummed though. 

 

718847d1337974592-bought-seiko-6309-7290-diver-my-dad-please-help-me-verify-authenticity-6307-7390-.jpg

 

In the beginning the movement (Seiko 21 jewel 6319 automatic) sometimes randomly froze. I took the whole watch apart and retightened the screws on the movement and it seems to run pretty well now. Sticks & ticks to Atomic Time nicely. Power reserve seems a rather measely 24/30 hours though. I thought the 6319 would easily make it to 44. I think the movement may need proper servicing.

post #6964 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

Did you see Tiger Wood's new watch at the Memorial? He was wearing the new Rolex DeepSea Dweller… awesome watch!

So, I am assuming that Tiger is no longer a spokesperson for Tag Heuer.

post #6965 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post

New croc strap:
18823724-b203-504f.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY nice! 

post #6966 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post

So, I am assuming that Tiger is no longer a spokesperson for Tag Heuer.

No, he is not. Tag dropped him late last summer and Rolex picked him up last October.

post #6967 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

 

i-36LGs6S-L.jpg

Oooohh....now this one, this one I like.

post #6968 of 8404

I like this one

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post

Occasionaly this:

DSCF5979.jpg

 

 

post #6969 of 8404

Well, my Seiko SNDA65 met an untimely death in a biking accident, so I decided this time I'd satisfy my desire for a military-style watch properly with a Combat B series.  Behold my new Lum-Tec B7:

 

 mF5rW.jpg

post #6970 of 8404

Always loved watches, never had the money to buy what I wanted, though. 

 

For my birthday last year I got an Invicta 9937 OB. Nice weight to it and it only gains 3-4 seconds a week. That's good timekeeping for a $300 watch IMO. Also, I'm a sucker for watches where you can see the movement! 

 

(Not my pictures)

 

9937OB-caseback.jpg

 

 

Kind of bland movement, but it's nicer compared to other autos in the same price point. 

 

Here's the face

 

51lvCh9AuPL.jpg

 

Oh, and if you look it up on Amazon or eBay or something it will say "RRP $1,200". I think this is a load of crock to make the buyer thing they are getting  an amazing deal. No complaints from me, though!

 

Next watch purchase for me will probably be Tissot PRC 200. But that's a long way away. HRT Streamer and Schiit Asgard (hopefully) coming up next ;)

post #6971 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjf123 View Post

Always loved watches, never had the money to buy what I wanted, though. 

 

For my birthday last year I got an Invicta 9937 OB. Nice weight to it and it only gains 3-4 seconds a week. That's good timekeeping for a $300 watch IMO. Also, I'm a sucker for watches where you can see the movement! 

 

(Not my pictures)

 

9937OB-caseback.jpg

 

 

Kind of bland movement, but it's nicer compared to other autos in the same price point. 

 

Here's the face

 

51lvCh9AuPL.jpg

 

Oh, and if you look it up on Amazon or eBay or something it will say "RRP $1,200". I think this is a load of crock to make the buyer thing they are getting  an amazing deal. No complaints from me, though!

 

Next watch purchase for me will probably be Tissot PRC 200. But that's a long way away. HRT Streamer and Schiit Asgard (hopefully) coming up next ;)

 

That's a pretty nice submariner homage! Nice chunky bracelet too. I never liked Invictas' huge minute hands and text overkill on the dial though. "AUTOMATIC PROFESSIONAL 660FT-200M WATER RESISTANT!!!" :D

 

I think for $300 I'd have bought a Maratac Pilot Automatic or a Precista PRS-5. :)

post #6972 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

 

That's a pretty nice submariner homage! Nice chunky bracelet too. I never liked Invictas' huge minute hands and text overkill on the dial though. "AUTOMATIC PROFESSIONAL 660FT-200M WATER RESISTANT!!!" :D

 

I think for $300 I'd have bought a Maratac Pilot Automatic or a Precista PRS-5. :)

 

Oh bloody hell! Cannot un-see the ridiculous amount of text now, haha.

 

I'm really liking that Maratac. Looks like my wishlist just keeps getting longer..

post #6973 of 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxxymig View Post

Oooohh....now this one, this one I like.

 

Love that Tissot too.  Very nice.

post #6974 of 8404

Why end might ask civil again spoil.


Edited by writereviews - 8/4/12 at 2:18am
post #6975 of 8404

Thanks for the compliments Moxxymig & Mongol. biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!