- 4,457 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the portable...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 453post #6781 of 106352/13/12 at 8:09amI agree, I love things like this, there is no way it would be going back if it was mine!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6782 of 106352/13/12 at 8:59ampost #6783 of 106352/15/12 at 11:38pm
I've never bothered taking pictures. But I wear a Sinn 556 most days. I like the combination of dial and hands. It also has decent water resistance while not terribly thick, and uses a ubiquitous movement. Other times I wear a cheap Casio hunting/fishing timer with a vibration alarm.post #6784 of 106352/18/12 at 9:52pmWell, completely by surprise today I became a Rolex owner again! It all happened so fast I only had time to take one picture, more to follow!
I must say I missed Rolex when I sold my Milgauss and Explorer 1 more than I cared to admit. There is something about Rolex, I think it is the sense of engineering on ones wrist.
As a teenager I used to gaze longingly in the local jewellers window at Rolexes and Cartier's in particular. Four models always stood out for me The Cartier Tank, Cartier Galbee, Rolex Yellow gold Day Date and the Rolex Air-King.
And so I re-enter Rolex ownership with the Air-King. An understated watch and I believe the model that has been in production for the longest time at Rolex. I am so happy and it compliments my two Cartier's perfectly, all I have to do now is get a Day Date and then all those teenage dreams will have come true!
The dial.post #6785 of 106352/19/12 at 11:56ampost #6786 of 106352/19/12 at 12:01pmpost #6787 of 106352/19/12 at 12:05pmpost #6788 of 106352/19/12 at 12:23pm
Buying the Milgauss and living with it after has changed my opinion of what every watch should be. The use of it from t-shirt and jeans to a full tux, and the timing adjustment twice a year for hour ahead/back. When people ask my opinion of a good watch and I tell them for a few grand go for a Role they think it is the brand why I tell them, and that is the last reason to me why. Amazing watches!post #6789 of 106352/19/12 at 12:58pm
Anyone familiar with this particular JWB / Jowissa model? I have been unable to find anything figured it was worth a shot in here.
Front face has Date window , De Luxe, JWB Jowissa, 17 jewels. All I can see on the backing is JWB Special De Luxe 7121.74. As you can tell I am new to the whole watch thing.
Going to have it serviced either way as it was my great Uncle's. Thanks for anything. Sorry about the pictures the camera is not cooperating today.post #6790 of 106352/19/12 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by bhd812
Buying the Milgauss and living with it after has changed my opinion of what every watch should be. The use of it from t-shirt and jeans to a full tux, and the timing adjustment twice a year for hour ahead/back. When people ask my opinion of a good watch and I tell them for a few grand go for a Role they think it is the brand why I tell them, and that is the last reason to me why. Amazing watches!
You hit the nail on the head. It has nothing to do with the name and everything to do with the fact that a Rolex watch is way more than the sum of its parts!post #6791 of 106352/20/12 at 3:04ampost #6792 of 106352/20/12 at 5:17am
I have never thought that the weight of a watch could bother anyone...
Apparently it does bother me. Wearing it for more than 8 hours and my arm is tired. I think I should hit gym, grow some muscle.
Ha ha, now I get it why its called Seamaster, lol.
Here are some pictures from auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160709309805post #6793 of 106352/21/12 at 6:32pmpost #6794 of 106352/22/12 at 1:05ampost #6795 of 106352/22/12 at 5:15am
Does anyone in here have a Panerai/Marina Militare homage by either Manbushije, Jackson Tse, Getat or another manufacturer? I'm looking into getting a nice 44mm homage with custom strap, dial and lume. Looking for something that won't fall apart without having to shell out for a true Panerai. ;)
Edited by Negakinu - 2/22/12 at 5:16am
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee Limited Edition (EU) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 5 minutes ago
- › Jazz fusion recommendations... 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2