Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 447

post #6691 of 8410
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_man View Post

http://www.watchseller.com this guy is first class and his prices are fair. bernardwatch is pretty darn good for older watches too.

Very much agree with Bernard watch. I purchased a Cartier Galbee from them last year, they are very conservative on their descriptions.
The watch was almost brand new and I am blowed if I can find the scratch on the bracelet that they included in the description to this day! Keeps great time as well, -1 second a day. It was my first expensive watch purchase online and I would buy from them and recommend them in a heartbeat ! Will check out the other link you have posted, thanks for that!
post #6692 of 8410

 

Thank you!!! 
So many great sites.
 
Thats strange, I think I've heard my LCD2 silently screaming: "Oh noooo....." biggrin.gif
 
post #6693 of 8410

If you're open to all brands of watches I suggest you hang on watchuseek.com, such a nice atmosphere there and you learn about all the fabulous underdog brands (that aren't unknown in the watch-world, but are unknown to people that have no further knowledge than the watches James Bond wears). Think I'm gonna visit that forum more, been out of it for far over a year due to busy with work/not wanting to spend money. That's a side-effect of that forum, you're gonna want to buy :D The 'Affordables' forum is a blast.

post #6694 of 8410

This is an absolutely beautiful watch! I really want one, Archimede Pilot 

 

archimedepiloth39.jpg

post #6695 of 8410

In my humble opinion (and no offense to the gentleman who posted supporting eBay), avoid eBay like the plague.  Fakearoos abound there.  What you should do is watch the FS forums of the large watch discussion websites (Watchuseek, Timezone, PMWF, etc) and feel out the sellers.  In other words, look for feedback about them and previous sales/buys.  A little money extra spent to ensure you're getting a well-treated real thing is money well spent. 

post #6696 of 8410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorthamers View Post

If you're open to all brands of watches I suggest you hang on watchuseek.com, such a nice atmosphere there and you learn about all the fabulous underdog brands (that aren't unknown in the watch-world, but are unknown to people that have no further knowledge than the watches James Bond wears). Think I'm gonna visit that forum more, been out of it for far over a year due to busy with work/not wanting to spend money. That's a side-effect of that forum, you're gonna want to buy :D The 'Affordables' forum is a blast.

 

What he said. 
 

 

post #6697 of 8410

Thank you for your thoughts.

 

Ebay was the first place I was looking for watches and there are quite a few sellers with >99.8% rating with a couple of thousands of feedback from buyers. They ought to be trusted, no ?

 

Anyway, do you guys bring your bought stuff to your local watchmaker to make sure item is genuine ? 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof37 View Post

In my humble opinion (and no offense to the gentleman who posted supporting eBay), avoid eBay like the plague.  Fakearoos abound there.  What you should do is watch the FS forums of the large watch discussion websites (Watchuseek, Timezone, PMWF, etc) and feel out the sellers.  In other words, look for feedback about them and previous sales/buys.  A little money extra spent to ensure you're getting a well-treated real thing is money well spent. 



 

post #6698 of 8410
i have bought from sellers with 99.8%, thousands of feedbacks and been screwed! ebay is the known platform for every kind of shizer and crook. not at all to say there are not completely legit folks on there. just good luck. i agree the forums or a known reputable website. for many years i have not made a purchase of over $100usd on ebay for this very reason. too risky. you see this hong-kong with 100%,2,000 feedbacks selling an obviously fake item. i can't explain that. i can say that may be the very reason those types congregate there. it can be gotten away with. i mean like on this very forum if i trade with someone i have talked to for 8 years i can almost be assured the deal is on the up and up. likewise, go join the big watch forums. if you don't want to do that the two sites i mentioned are stand up but they may not always have what you want. i have done a lot of business with those guys and bought from people on watchuseek etc with no problem whatsoever. there is also a guy in japan that has all the japanese seiko's on pmwf who is completely legit. when you see those coming out of hong-kong good luck. no offense to hong-kong but it is a well known venue for getting scammed on sites like ebay.
post #6699 of 8410

 

post #6700 of 8410

Just bought this awesome Casio.

 

A158WEA-9EF.jpg

post #6701 of 8410

Looks awesome. I got the cheap resin version, plus I got it from a Malaysian street market, so it's an obvious fake and isn't even able to keep some sort of decent time. I'm shamed into oblivion for that purchase. Still want an awesome digi-watch actually, but due to my need for self-sustainability I want it to feature solar-charging. I love some of the G-shocks and Pro-Treks.

post #6702 of 8410
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavQ View Post

Just bought this awesome Casio.

 

A158WEA-9EF.jpg

I have been searching for one of those for ages. One of the character in a British TV show called last of the summer wine wears one and it has made me want one, though with a darker face if possible. WHere did you get it from?
post #6703 of 8410
AhHa! Just answered my own question and found a black faced version on ebay in Canada for only $21! Just purchased it so it should be here next week! Always wanted one. Funny thing is i get just as much excitement in purchasing and wearing cheaper watches as I do wearing my Cartiers or Rolex!
Here is an image from the seller!
350
post #6704 of 8410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorthamers View Post

Looks awesome. I got the cheap resin version, plus I got it from a Malaysian street market, so it's an obvious fake and isn't even able to keep some sort of decent time. I'm shamed into oblivion for that purchase. Still want an awesome digi-watch actually, but due to my need for self-sustainability I want it to feature solar-charging. I love some of the G-shocks and Pro-Treks.



PRG-240(T) is what I got and love it for the huge digits, solar powered, titanium and ABC functions.

 

post #6705 of 8410
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

AhHa! Just answered my own question and found a black faced version on ebay in Canada for only $21! Just purchased it so it should be here next week! Always wanted one. Funny thing is i get just as much excitement in purchasing and wearing cheaper watches as I do wearing my Cartiers or Rolex!
Here is an image from the seller!
350


What's the name? Or dealer? I might buy the gold version..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!