Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 116

post #1726 of 7891
actually, i think omega has a refurbishing program that they take it apart, clean it, repair it, and put it back togather, around 200-300 Swiss francs,
post #1727 of 7891
here is my broken one with my moms. I know Lisa is partial to constellations.

post #1728 of 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth View Post
Adee Kaye is ok for the money. It's important that you buy them from someone who will service them. I find their mainspring reserve relatively short on the three I have, but it's nice style for the $$.

Check out DJ Watchmaker.
http://djwatchmaker.com/
If you don't see the model you want, call or write him.
Well I really like this model, style. I dont know if its a specific style but it fits me very well. I will be wearing these watches for my work....



These two from amazon

Stuhrling Mens Eagle Watch
http://www.amazon.com/Stuhrling-Mens...875624&sr=1-66

Sekio

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SGF649-M...910074&sr=1-41

I really am not sure which watch i want, but i am leaning towards teh seiko, its cheaper, stainless, has all numbers displayed ( I like atleast 4 numbers on it haha) and the date ;D
post #1729 of 7891
I have that exact model. I bought it from DJWatchmaker. It looks very nice. Nice rose gold color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasp3r View Post
Well I really like this model, style. I dont know if its a specific style but it fits me very well. I will be wearing these watches for my work....



These two from amazon

Stuhrling Mens Eagle Watch
http://www.amazon.com/Stuhrling-Mens...875624&sr=1-66

Sekio

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SGF649-M...910074&sr=1-41

I really am not sure which watch i want, but i am leaning towards teh seiko, its cheaper, stainless, has all numbers displayed ( I like atleast 4 numbers on it haha) and the date ;D
The Seiko is probably the best of the three, but the Adee Kaye looks the best. Keep in mind that the Seiko is a quartz model and the Adee Kaye is an automatic with power reserve indicator. The Adee Kaye also displays the date.
post #1730 of 7891
My Breitling was serviced free outside of warranty because the problem traces back to previous attempts to repair during warranty. Good companies like to stand by their product quality. So, see what you can negotiate in terms of goodwill for factory service.
post #1731 of 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth View Post
I have that exact model. I bought it from DJWatchmaker. It looks very nice. Nice rose gold color.



The Seiko is probably the best of the three, but the Adee Kaye looks the best. Keep in mind that the Seiko is a quartz model and the Adee Kaye is an automatic with power reserve indicator. The Adee Kaye also displays the date.
well i just bought the seiko! Thanks for the advice, i will let you know my impressions!
post #1732 of 7891


My watch as of the moment, more coming later.
Homage to the Omega Seamaster, I love this watch. For $65, it's just unbeatable. Loses maybe 10 - 20 seconds a week.
post #1733 of 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjong View Post


My watch as of the moment, more coming later.
Homage to the Omega Seamaster, I love this watch. For $65, it's just unbeatable. Loses maybe 10 - 20 seconds a week.
It is a good price for a nice looking watch.
post #1734 of 7891
Picked up two nice budget watches to replace my current pair - one for nice(r)/dressier events, and a daily beater.


Seiko SND255-P1. It uses calibre 7T92 (quartz), is water-resistant to 100m (with a screw-down crown!), and looks vaguely like a Breitling Navitimer. Not bad for $85, shipping included!


Casio Wave Ceptor WVA105HDA-2AV. For $29... makes a great daily beater! The fact that I don't have to set it just means less fuss for me. Atomic time-keeping FTW!
post #1735 of 7891
roastpuff,

-the Seiko has more numbers on it than a Scientific Calculator (wow)

-me like the Casio (has the semi-same bezel as the Tag Kirium line)
post #1736 of 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
roastpuff,

-the Seiko has more numbers on it than a Scientific Calculator (wow)

-me like the Casio (has the semi-same bezel as the Tag Kirium line)
Heh. With the Seiko, I'm just aiming to dazzle with numbers and stats rather than the price tag. It certainly looks impressive, with such a cluttered dial and bezel. I even think that both the inner and outer bezels rotate.

The Casio has that combination of good looks and functionality that can sometimes be hard to find. It does sort of look like the Kirium, doesn't it? Too bad the whole back isn't an LCD display.
post #1737 of 7891
i have this seiko that the entire face was a photovoltaic cell (solar cell), worked great for a while, as long as you gave it some sun a few moments a day, it would keep ticking, untill i made the mistake of taking it to the land of eternal darkness, england..... london to be exact, it stopped at around 3am, i woke up in the morning, put it on, saw it stopped, exposed it to some sunlight, it started marching again, but i think it suffered some kind of damage, or the battery wasnt supposed to be empty, so every time it lasted less and needed more sunshine to recharge untill it stopped and died, and never charged again,
post #1738 of 7891
I have 1 Rolex, 1 Patek Philippe and most of them are Fossil

Rolex Daytona:
post #1739 of 7891
Can you post a pic of the patek?
post #1740 of 7891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio-Fi View Post
I have 1 Rolex, 1 Patek Philippe and most of them are Fossil

Rolex Daytona:
And that watch really looks like what it is... a fake watch! I REALLY don't understand the idea of getting a fake watch. Go buy a nice real Seiko for the same money...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!