or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 793

post #11881 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

Is this like a new edition or something?! I like.

 

Possibly the colorway - I bought it from a place where sometimes random G-Shocks appear, and sometimes aren't sold at the department stores such as Macy's, Nordstrom, etc.  It's easily one of my favorite black-colored G's.

 

Thanks! :beerchug: 

post #11882 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post

Pretty cool.

I like the orange circle around the second hand. I need my reading glasses and Visine to see some of the amenities on the face ph34r.gif

The smaller items can be a bit of a nuisance until you learn them. Also helps that I've had Lasik done; pretty sure it would have been a right mess trying to read that previously.

Also, I do use the slide ruler function more than I thought I would which surprised me.
post #11883 of 11892

Never was a watch person. Then one day decided to buy a Casio GW-5000. They run about $300. Imported from Japan. I love it and wear it all the time.

post #11884 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthyduc View Post

Never was a watch person. Then one day decided to buy a Casio GW-5000. They run about $300. Imported from Japan. I love it and wear it all the time.

Nice! Was this the one you purchased?

post #11885 of 11892
A birthday gift to myself!


post #11886 of 11892
I want Samsung Gear S3 for my birthday

post #11887 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawg140 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthyduc View Post

Never was a watch person. Then one day decided to buy a Casio GW-5000. They run about $300. Imported from Japan. I love it and wear it all the time.

Nice! Was this the one you purchased?

Yep. Sure is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #11888 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthyduc View Post

Yep. Sure is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Awesome, congratulations! beerchug.gif
post #11889 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post

I'm leaning towards the one with glass display back myself, but maybe I'll change my mind too when the time to buy finally comes.



By the way, how strict dress codes do the high-end watch stores have? I'm visiting HK now, and was wondering do they even let people dressed in t-shirts and shorts inside the store. Would love to check out Audermars Piguet watches, even though I can't see myself ever affording one.

I wear a tshirt and shorts when I go to ADs all the time. It doesn't matter what you wear.

But... It's their job to make sales, it's a little rude to take up their time when you know you're not planning to buy in the near future, let alone ever.
post #11890 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbcbcmv View Post

Hesalite, solid back. Definitely has something special to it. I held them both side by side, and I thought I'd want sapphire, but there's just something about it... I guess the ideal model is the one with hesalite front and sapphire back (3475 I wanna say?) but I had a great deal on a brand new one, so I went for it.

Good choice. The moonwatch is the quintessential Omega and deceivingly versatile.

The movement is beautiful, especially since it's not obstructed by a rotor. But once the novelty of a display back wears off, the extra thickness and knowing it's just a step further away from it's heritage becomes annoying.
post #11891 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPYOLDGUY View Post

I wear a tshirt and shorts when I go to ADs all the time. It doesn't matter what you wear.

But... It's their job to make sales, it's a little rude to take up their time when you know you're not planning to buy in the near future, let alone ever.

 

-Depends on how you approach it; if I am just there to gawk, I tend to let the staff know immediately - leaving them to decide whether they want to spend time chatting with me if it is a slow day in the store or just leave me to my own devices.

 

Incidentally, best service I ever received was when oohing and aaahing my way through the Wempe on Kurfürstendamm in Berlin a few years ago; I let them know that I was just there for looking at their A. Lange range, possibly looking to buy in several years' time, if times were still good in my business - and was promptly showered with (polite and welcome) attention, given a tour, tried on lovely watches until I had to ask them to stop putting them on the desk in front of me, being sent off with a tote bag full of catalogs and a couple of books.

 

Result? When and if I finally feel comfortable spending such an insane amount of money on a watch (I've almost saved up enough, over a period of more than seven years, but with current job security similar to that of someone hawking The Satanic Verses on a Teheran streetcorner, shopping luxuries is Out with a capital O) - I'll be going to that very same store, and I'll let them know precisely why I've come all the way from just under the arctic circle to pay them a visit. Because of their stellar service ages ago.

 

(At some point I really, really want to own a gold watch; hopefully either a A. Lange Saxonia (thin) or a Patek Calatrava 5196R - IMHO the Lange hands are more esthetically pleasing than the Patek ones, whereas the Patek has the upper hand with regards to the case, in particular how the lugs are attached to it...)

post #11892 of 11892
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddE View Post

-Depends on how you approach it; if I am just there to gawk, I tend to let the staff know immediately - leaving them to decide whether they want to spend time chatting with me if it is a slow day in the store or just leave me to my own devices.

Incidentally, best service I ever received was when oohing and aaahing my way through the Wempe on Kurfürstendamm in Berlin a few years ago; I let them know that I was just there for looking at their A. Lange range, possibly looking to buy in several years' time, if times were still good in my business - and was promptly showered with (polite and welcome) attention, given a tour, tried on lovely watches until I had to ask them to stop putting them on the desk in front of me, being sent off with a tote bag full of catalogs and a couple of books.

Result? When and if I finally feel comfortable spending such an insane amount of money on a watch (I've almost saved up enough, over a period of more than seven years, but with current job security similar to that of someone hawking The Satanic Verses on a Teheran streetcorner, shopping luxuries is Out with a capital O) - I'll be going to that very same store, and I'll let them know precisely why I've come all the way from just under the arctic circle to pay them a visit. Because of their stellar service ages ago.

(At some point I really, really want to own a gold watch; hopefully either a A. Lange Saxonia (thin) or a Patek Calatrava 5196R - IMHO the Lange hands are more esthetically pleasing than the Patek ones, whereas the Patek has the upper hand with regards to the case, in particular how the lugs are attached to it...)

Fair enough, as long as it's clear to the employees, it's probably fine.

You might also consider VC... It's in line with what you're looking at. The gold Traditionnelle is a fantastic dress watch.

Though I hardly ever wear my dress watches... I prefer the sportier models for everyday wear. Nautilus is nice. Rolex SubC is a great beater... That thing can take some licks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!