I am new to high-end headphones and headphone amplifiers. Because I am on a semi-limited budget, I am trying to find the sweet spot between quality and dollars spent. I am considering Hifiman HE 500 headphones and Woo Audio WA7 fireflies amplifier. Frankly this is more than I wanted to spend but I didn't want to purchase components I would be disappointed in down the road. I had considered the Hifiman EF-5 amplifier but figured it would cost almost as much as the WA7 once I purchase a DAC. Here are my questions:
1. Is this a good choice/price point for getting into audiophile quality headphones/amplifier?
2. Could I spend less money and get products that would perform as well as the WA7/HE 500 combination? If so – what would you suggest?
3. I have so far not considered a solid-state amplifier. Are there qualities to solid-state amplifiers that make them more/as appealing as tube amplifiers?
4. Would I get more bang for the buck by purchasing a solid-state amplifier?
5. The amplifier will be next to two 39' monitors, a Wi-Fi extender and a PC. Is this an issue with tube amplifiers? Solid-state amplifiers?
THANKS in advance for your advice!