Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Black Sabbath on HDTracks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Black Sabbath on HDTracks

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 

Looks like Black Sabbath's discography (1970-1978) is now for sale on HDTracks in 24/96 for $130. Anyone else going to be picking this one up? I was pretty impressed what they did for Van Halen's music, hoping for similar treatment for Sabbath.

post #2 of 27
Yeah. I noticed that yesterday. I'm definitely getting this when I get the funds to do so. This is one of my all time favorite bands.
post #3 of 27

Just bought it, used the 10% off special... Woot!!! Haven't had time to listen though.

post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post

Just bought it, used the 10% off special... Woot!!! Haven't had time to listen though.
Let us know what you think.
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
I know you didn't ask me but I can say that they sound great compared to my lossless CD Rips. Similar to the Van Halen and Rush collections offered on HDTracks, much more full bodied sounding and for me these are the best versions I've heard yet.
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

I know you didn't ask me but I can say that they sound great compared to my lossless CD Rips. Similar to the Van Halen and Rush collections offered on HDTracks, much more full bodied sounding and for me these are the best versions I've heard yet.
Thanks. I have the CD rips, so I wanted to make sure these are worth the purchase. After my initial excitement, I was second guessing whether or not to by these. I think I'll keep them on my "must get" list.
post #7 of 27
Starting with the Vertigo Lp import of number one, I have spent years finding and listening to Black Sabbath Lps and CDs. There has always been a great intrigue in finding out what the source material is for these releases. The story of different masters being used for the LP 180 gram rereleases always has one wondering.

There has been a bunch of HD album rips too, but the thought of some Sabbath HD tracks sounding like the Rush HD tracks is exciting, more so when you listen to how much better the Sabbath records have always sounded in comparison to the standard Rush vinyl offerings.

http://www.e-onkyo.com/music/album/uml32464/
Edited by Redcarmoose - 2/15/14 at 10:04am
post #8 of 27

I decided to buy Paranoid from iTunes yesterday.  I had heard that the "Mastered For iTunes" ones are the same masters that HDTracks is selling.  I thought they sounded VERY good and they scored pretty high on my DR Meter in foobar2000.

post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post
 

Just bought it, used the 10% off special... Woot!!! Haven't had time to listen though.

just bought with the current 10% code

 

really looking forward to hearing these again...

post #10 of 27

The downside is that it highlights, once again, the storage limitations of DAPs, I need to make 7GB of space for it...

post #11 of 27
Thread Starter 
No kidding, 7 GB is nothing for a desktop audio setup where storage is so cheap, but your really limited usually to around 128 GB at the most with most DAP's on the market. And for people like myself who have over 1 Terabyte of music on their computer, that just doesn't cut it and really forces you to choose only your favorite music to carry around with you or buy a ton of memory cards and have to swap them out all the time which is a real pain in the butt too,.
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

No kidding, 7 GB is nothing for a desktop audio setup where storage is so cheap, but your really limited usually to around 128 GB at the most with most DAP's on the market. And for people like myself who have over 1 Terabyte of music on their computer, that just doesn't cut it and really forces you to choose only your favorite music to carry around with you or buy a ton of memory cards and have to swap them out all the time which is a real pain in the butt too,.

I have 64GB on board and 3 different 64GB cards, but it's a real pain to have to swap them...

post #13 of 27

Anyone else only hearing bass guitar in the left channel?

post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post
 

Anyone else only hearing bass guitar in the left channel?

any particular track?

 

only listened to warpigs and paranoid so far and they were excellent...

post #15 of 27

I'm not at home, but it was War Pigs. Haven't had any time to really listen to them all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Black Sabbath on HDTracks