Hi all, first post here.
Figured to give it a try and ask experts on the opinion...
I spend several hours a day with my headphones on. The problem is, they're old, worn out, cheap and sucked when they were new, so I decided not to spare on something like that (it's subjective term, but $500 for me is much).
I've read/watched numerous reviews of both the headphones and amp/dacs, only to get even more confused.
I don't even know yet should I go with open or closed type headphones. Maybe closed, if I decide to use them with mic while gaming or in case I mustn't bother someone.
So what would your opinions be for headphones that are:
- over ear
- extremely comfortable for long runs / don't get too hot or sweaty during summer
- produce best sound for the money (obviously )
- are meant to be used with a USB amp/dac, because my onboard sound card sucks too.
Which brings us to the second problem - which USB amp/dac ?
I'd appreciate a physical "old school" knob for volume control and that it can produce excellent sound + drive suggested headphones flawlessly.
If possible, it'd be good if it can be shipped worldwide, since I'm in Europe.
Now, I've gotten some advices and they are...
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (on discount in a local shop - $226)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (also on discount - $230. I know they're open, but if they're unbelievably good then maybe I'd buy them anyways, use them for music and movies and keep my crappy ones for gaming)
- AKG K551 (a bit over price - $295 in a local shop)
- AKG K-240 MkII (on discount in a local shop - $176)
For USB amp/dac:
- Fiio E17
- This. (doesn't have a name :D, but they say it has highest quality and latest components inside)
- Topping D3 - looks the best to me, but I'm a newbie...
My genres: everything except rave/techno. If I must, I'd say I slightly prefer rock/pop/metal.
That's all the info I got. I never had any high quality headphones (or any other sound component for that matter), so please bear with me