My teenage son just sold his Beats Solos because he wants over the ear headphones. He hasn't considered anything besides Beats (great marketing is certainly working) so I am trying to open his mind to other brands. He has saved his money and is considering the new Beats Studios which are $329.99 plus tax here in Canada. I don't want him to spend that much money on those headphones and am trying to tell him he can get better ones for less, or much better for the same price. He listens to alternative music and active noise cancelling isn't necessary. So far, I have the following in mind and welcome any other recommendations:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 (he thinks they don't look great)
- V-Moda M-100 (likes the look), maybe I should look at LP and LP2 as well?
- Logitech UE6000 (haven't shown them to him yet)
- Sennheiser Momentum (haven't shown yet)
- Bose AE2 and AE2i (up in the air on these)
I appreciate any input and suggestions on how to convert a Beats consumer. Cheers