or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I'm looking for a good midrange headphone that is available in europe (belgium)(with good bass for listen to drum and bass)(under €350 pls)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm looking for a good midrange headphone that is available in europe (belgium)(with good bass for listen to drum and bass)(under €350 pls)

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

I'm looking for a good mid range headphone that's available in Belgium (under€350). My favorite music genre is drum and bass.

These are the two headphone's that I had in mind: 

- sennheiser momentum

- new beats studio

 

Can anyone help me with my choice pls?

thanks.

post #2 of 17

Hi,

 

Beats headphones have a terrible reputation around here!

 

On the other hand Sennheiser Momentum seem to be a very good pick. You should also consider AudioTechnica ATH-WS99.

 

Best Luck

post #3 of 17
are you looking for a closed design headphone? To what device are you planning to connect the headphone? (ipod or computer)?
V moda M 80, M 100

stay away from Beats. They are not worth for the money that you pay.
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post

are you looking for a closed design headphone? To what device are you planning to connect the headphone? (ipod or computer)?
V moda M 80, M 100

stay away from Beats. They are not worth for the money that you pay.
Closed design and for phone(samsung galaxy s4 mini) ipod and computer. I just want a good headphone with good sound quality and a nice bass.
post #5 of 17

sony XB 500

post #6 of 17

+ 1 for the Momentums, thats what I've got their wonderful. If you choose to look anywhere else, the VMODA M100s might be worth a peek. That being said, I'd go with the Sennheiser Momentum cans.

post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattAnthony1990 View Post

+ 1 for the Momentums, thats what I've got their wonderful. If you choose to look anywhere else, the VMODA M100s might be worth a peek. That being said, I'd go with the Sennheiser Momentum cans.
Does the Momentum have also a good bass for listen to dubstep and drum and bass?
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelep View Post


Does the Momentum have also a good bass for listen to dubstep and drum and bass?

 

Well, I think it does, however the VMODA M-100s are generally considered to have slightly more robust bass and PRaT--they cater more specifically to electronic music and the like than the Momentums, which are suitable for just about anything.  If your looking to be 'shook' by the bass you may want to look elsewhere, neither the Momentums nor VMODAs nor really any audiophile headphones are going to have the boomy bass of Beats, which is a good thing.

 

I digress, I listen to quite a bit of dubstep & drum n bass. I'm a regular at EDC, listen to Andy C, Flux Pavillion, Dirtyphonics, etc. and my Momentums have always served me well. The bass has impact, is tight, and is not overwhelming especially when paired with a portable amp such as the C&C BH2 or FiiOs various entry-level models.  

 

The beauty of the Momentums is if you want to listen to, say, Enya or Dave Matthews or U2 or Andrea Bocelli the headphones still perform well, especially for closed back. Since I listen to a wide range of music the Momentums have suited me perfectly. 

post #9 of 17

If you do like drum and bass. Denon D600 is quite a good fit. 

post #10 of 17

If you want powerful bass (but still good sound quality) you should also consider Yamaha Pro 500

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653626/yamaha-hph-pro-500-review

 

Best Luck!

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post
 

sony XB 500

I don't know, Sony is cheaper but is the sound quality as good as the momentum or m100?

post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelep View Post
 

I don't know, Sony is cheaper but is the sound quality as good as the momentum or m100?

No. A $100 "extra bass" headphone will not outperform either the Momentum or M100 for SQ. Shocking, I know.

post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattAnthony1990 View Post
 

No. A $100 "extra bass" headphone will not outperform either the Momentum or M100 for SQ. Shocking, I know.

Yes. I still don't know what to buy. You have so much choice these days. 

post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelep View Post
 

Yes. I still don't know what to buy. You have so much choice these days. 

 

Flip a coin for the Momentums or VMODA M-100s. Problem solved.

post #15 of 17

It is not that easy to decide :L3000:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I'm looking for a good midrange headphone that is available in europe (belgium)(with good bass for listen to drum and bass)(under €350 pls)