I'm a complete noob when it comes to the world of headphones. I'm currently using a V-Jays set, which I really like. Unfortunately, I stepped on them and thes seem to be beyond repair now. I have been lurking here for a few weeks and kind of got the head-fi bug, so now I'm looking for a replacement.
I normally listen to bands like: Death, Slayer, Behemoth, Inquisition, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir,etc with occassionally some lighter genres, but almost exclusively rock/amped guitar based.
These are my requirements:
- They needto be portables to some extent. Not for sports, but for walking, biking and travel.
- I have little kids and a wife, whom I don't want to wake up, so I would prefer closed earphones
- I don't like IEMs. Can't wear them, got serious tinnitus, even at low volume.
- Using my phone Samsung S3 with "good quality" mp3s and flac files. No amplification.
- I really like punchy bass, but of course these are mostly guitar based genres.
I more or less narrowed it down to Beyerdynamic DT770, Sennheiser HD25-1-II, Creative Audio Live. Grados are not really an option, as they are not sold where I live and it would be really expensive, plus they leak sound (from what I have heard)
I do not wat to spend a fortune, so up to say 200 USD. Is the DT770 or the HD25 that much better than the CAL with my set-up, that they justify the double price? What else could you recommend?
Thanks a lot guys, your help is really appreciated.