or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and Impressions - Page 21

post #301 of 328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


beerchug.gif thanks for letting us try it out.

Ps no wonder UM merlin bigger mold fit you well

 

UM Merlin universal mold fits me like it is a proper CIEM, the only 'wish' I have is that if the nozzle can be just a tad longer, maybe by 0.5cm, but otherwise, yep perfect, flushed perfectly, I can wear 8+ hours and not feel anything, even sleeping with it the whole night...

 

I'm actually thinking of using that mold for Cosmic HY3, the ONLY thing that stops me is that I have to be without it for a month, which I don't know if I can handle...:wink_face:

 

Best scenario will be that if I can somehow go to an audiologist and ask them to make an exact replica of the Merlin mold, but not sure if they can do that...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post


80% is actually really high. With IEMs I usually never go above 1/3.

 

Not with iDevices, I found them rather weak. With any other player, yes I will never go pass 50%

post #302 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

 

UM Merlin universal mold fits me like it is a proper CIEM, the only 'wish' I have is that if the nozzle can be just a tad longer, maybe by 0.5cm, but otherwise, yep perfect, flushed perfectly, I can wear 8+ hours and not feel anything, even sleeping with it the whole night...

 

I'm actually thinking of using that mold for Cosmic HY3, the ONLY thing that stops me is that I have to be without it for a month, which I don't know if I can handle...:wink_face:

 

Best scenario will be that if I can somehow go to an audiologist and ask them to make an exact replica of the Merlin mold, but not sure if they can do that...

 

 

Not with iDevices, I found them rather weak. With any other player, yes I will never go pass 50%

Even on my iPod Nano I lock the volume at 1/3.

post #303 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

Even on my iPod Nano I lock the volume at 1/3.

Do you ever unlock the volume? Maybe on a Saturday night?
post #304 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Do you ever unlock the volume? Maybe on a Saturday night?

No, I don't use it often. Actually, very rarely but it is surprisingly good. Better than a Clip+ which is impressive. 

post #305 of 328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Even on my iPod Nano I lock the volume at 1/3.

Never tried Nano before, I always found that the storage isn't enough, I have Classic and touch 4G, but the touch is for my daughter's room and I never take it out with me

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Do you ever unlock the volume? Maybe on a Saturday night?

 

Haa Haa!! :bigsmile_face: 

post #306 of 328
anyone else notice the color of the shell changes to a purple hue when in daylight? (mentor does the same).

I think it's probably something to do with whatever material they use to print the shells





edit: ps these are on their way to d mark0
Edited by svyr - 3/15/14 at 1:09am
post #307 of 328

That looks pretty neat, I wonder what would happen if the logo was kept clear (transparent), if any refection from the shells would cause some crazy spectrum. I demoed a Vision Ears tour unit earlier in the year which had some neat effects when light shone through the shell.  The entire logo would light up.



Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/15/14 at 1:13am
post #308 of 328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

anyone else notice the color of the shell changes to a purple hue when in daylight? (mentor does the same).

I think it's probably something to do with whatever material they use to print the shells





edit: ps these are on their way to d mark0

 

Nothing to do with the material, it's their way of celebrating Freo's awesomeness last night...

post #309 of 328

Those Vision Ears IEMs look awesome!

post #310 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

That looks pretty neat, I wonder what would happen if the logo was kept clear (transparent), if any refection from the shells would cause some crazy spectrum. I demoed a Vision Ears tour unit earlier in the year which had some neat effects when light shone through the shell.  The entire logo would light up.



i think heir noble (I give up) used to do that a while back. and fluorescent ones, and metal cutout ones, and who knows what else.
was wondering what the instagram pic was from though.
post #311 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


i think heir noble (I give up) used to do that a while back. and fluorescent ones, and metal cutout ones, and who knows what else.
was wondering what the instagram pic was from though.


I think with the UM's the entire shell would need to be coloured for anything to really happen, unless that purple hue in your pictures reflected back through the 'transparent logo'

*pulls out old CD ponders for hours under sunlight looking at colour spectrum*


Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/15/14 at 1:23am
post #312 of 328
The UM 3x has landed! Impression coming soon...

Thanks to svyr for sending it safe and sound.
post #313 of 328
Thread Starter 

As we come to the tail end of the tour, I just like to say thanks to you guys and huge appreciations for taking the time (and postage money :tongue_smile:) to participate in this tour - looks like this is a great success and you can expect more tour from me in the future for sure...

post #314 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

The UM 3x has landed! Impression coming soon...

Thanks to svyr for sending it safe and sound.


We want some impressions! :tongue_smile:


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

As we come to the tail end of the tour, I just like to say thanks to you guys and huge appreciations for taking the time (and postage money :tongue_smile:) to participate in this tour - looks like this is a great success and you can expect more tour from me in the future for sure...


No worrys mate, you're a good bloke and always in high priority list on our Australian tours. :beerchug: 

post #315 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

As we come to the tail end of the tour, I just like to say thanks to you guys and huge appreciations for taking the time (and postage money :tongue_smile:) to participate in this tour - looks like this is a great success and you can expect more tour from me in the future for sure...

 

Thank you for being so generous mate. We really appreciate it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and Impressions