I bought the beyerdynamimc MMX 300's only a couple days ago and hooked it them up to my PS4 with a Astro Mix Amp everything was going good until they started to make little crackling noises if I turned music up too and got to a certain part of a song. Now even if I turn them significantly down I still hear very tiny crackling when I get to certain part of songs, over all not as bad as they would be with max volume. Is this because they are new headphones? Or is it because I turned them up too loud and damaged them? I also put on some kind of burn-in track on youtube for about a half hour at a little less than half volume then turned them up a little more than half. Are my headphones damaged? all advice appreciated!
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by nightmancometh, 1/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- Very High Quality Audio Solutions ($750-1000) for Gaming? Last post on 4/4/14 at 12:14am in Computer Audio
- Beyerdynamic Headzone Game 5.1 Surround Sound Amplifier & MMX300 Headphones Gaming System Last post on 2/19/14 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would MMX 300 be an upgrade over Audio-Technica A900X in my situation or is it worse than what i... Last post on 2/20/14 at 6:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mic wont work with Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (SOLVED) Last post on 2/4/14 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A little confused Last post on 1/30/14 at 12:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
Are my headphones broken?post #1 of 21/14/14 at 5:13pmThread Starterpost #2 of 21/15/14 at 4:23am
Did this crackling noises only come up when you change volume or part of the song or did it appear it also if you play the song with out anything?
By me if I play youtube videos and change the volum there it cracks somtimes too, so I wouldn't be so worried.
- Are my headphones broken?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 13 seconds ago
- › Linux users unite! 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › ¿ The best In-Ear ever made? 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH750DJ vs. V-Moda Crossfade M-100 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob