Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › HD 598 vs HD 600 (which has more detail)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD 598 vs HD 600 (which has more detail) - Page 3

post #31 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
 

Well I'm using the Asgard 2 and Modi and this computer I'm using is custom built be me.

And I use iTunes XD

All my music is ripped directly from CD to ALAC Lossless files

But what is the problem scenario? Computer directly to HD598's? If so what sound card or is that motherboard audio?

post #32 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But what is the problem scenario? Computer directly to HD598's? If so what sound card or is that motherboard audio?

No, I'm using my Modi which is plugged in via USB into computer. The Modi is of course plugged into the Asgard 2 which my cans are plugged in haha

post #33 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
 

No, I'm using my Modi which is plugged in via USB into computer. The Modi is of course plugged into the Asgard 2 which my cans are plugged in haha

And you say that turning up the volume makes it sound worse? You're joshing, right?

post #34 of 91
Thread Starter 

It sounds more crisp with the volume down and how I would here it on the stereo/speakers (speakers sound more crisper for some reason)

post #35 of 91

I've also got a Modi/Asgard2 combo on the way from Schiit, and have similar musical tastes. Very interested in people's viewpoints in HP's that fit this setup. Currently have Sony MDR-V6 phones (my first set in years), and am looking to add another pair. Tried my son's A-T M50's, and they were fairly good, but looking for something a step up from that. The 598's are something to consider, as well as the HiFiman HE-400, and V-Moda M100.


Edited by jgreen16 - 1/18/14 at 8:26pm
post #36 of 91
Thread Starter 

^ Well I'm looking for something that has no color and sounds closest to the original recording and something that has alot of detail and a natural sound in bass and a decent amount of Soundstage (Not to big). Therefore I'm looking into the HD 600's :)

post #37 of 91

^ My bad, I was saying I'm thinking of the He-400 and M100. I worded it wrong when I said "something to consider", and didn't mean it as a suggestion for you. My apologies.

 

Definitely following suggestions made for you though, since I'm going to have the same DAC/amp combo. I just want to try out the Modi with the Asgard2 before springing for the Bifrost. :)

post #38 of 91
Thread Starter 

Thats my question haha I wonder what the Bifrost Uber sounds like because I really want to upgrade it it in the future. (I heard theres better seperation and air, and details are brought out a little more)

post #39 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
 

It sounds more crisp with the volume down and how I would here it on the stereo/speakers (speakers sound more crisper for some reason)

That doesn't make sense. The human ear has a FR that changes with loudness, We perceive less bass and treble at lower volumes, Fletcher-Munson / Loudness Contour. Do the cans respond in the same way with another chain of audio gear?

By the way, if you're looking at HD600's, they are awesome,  the bee's knees.

post #40 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

That doesn't make sense. The human ear has a FR that changes with loudness, We perceive less bass and treble at lower volumes, Fletcher-Munson / Loudness Contour. Do the cans respond in the same way with another chain of audio gear?

By the way, if you're looking at HD600's, they are awesome,  the bee's knees.

YES THEY DO :(

So If I turn the volume down the bass drum sounds crispy, the toms sound crispy and then I hear the snapy/poppy snare sound which I want.

post #41 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
 

YES THEY DO :(

So If I turn the volume down the bass drum sounds crispy, the toms sound crispy and then I hear the snapy/poppy snare sound which I want.

Maybe there's something wrong with the cans.

post #42 of 91
Thread Starter 

I've tried other headphones

post #43 of 91
Thread Starter 

I can hear Rimshots better on speakers and car stereos/ect

Do you think it could just be the emphasized mids on my cans?  

post #44 of 91

It better sound darn good for the $350 price premium over the Modi. If it is that good, then I don't have a problem upgrading.

post #45 of 91

I should mention that I am budgeting $300-500 for my next set of cans. Closed or open, but probably leaning towards closed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › HD 598 vs HD 600 (which has more detail)