or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Looking for ~190$ Mp3 (Budget mp3 player!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for ~190$ Mp3 (Budget mp3 player!)

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

Hey,

 

I got AKG K518 HeadPhones

 

I listen to Rock, Rap, Electro and Pop

 

What is the best mp3 I can find for this music and headphones?

 

Up to 190$ :)

 

Cheers

post #2 of 19
Thread Starter 

UP

post #3 of 19

I think you'd be hard-pressed to beat the Fiio X3. 

post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 

Something more?

post #5 of 19

Feel free to look but nothing is going to offer more at that price point.

 

Colorfly C3 is an excellent sounding player with mediocre UI, but I only costs $90 and doesn't offer multiple gain settings or an onboard amp circuit.

 

Used iPod can be had for $150 or so, but the SQ from one isn't great.

 

iBasso's DX50 is another player that's very comparable to the Fiio but they are about $30-40 more than you'd like to spend.

 

And you might be able to find a Hisound Rocoo player for around $200, but they're pretty hard to come by.

 

Most other players are going to fall into the budget category (sub $100) or are going to cost $300 and up.

post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

Feel free to look but nothing is going to offer more at that price point.

 

Colorfly C3 is an excellent sounding player with mediocre UI, but I only costs $90 and doesn't offer multiple gain settings or an onboard amp circuit.

 

Used iPod can be had for $150 or so, but the SQ from one isn't great.

 

iBasso's DX50 is another player that's very comparable to the Fiio but they are about $30-40 more than you'd like to spend.

 

And you might be able to find a Hisound Rocoo player for around $200, but they're pretty hard to come by.

 

Most other players are going to fall into the budget category (sub $100) or are going to cost $300 and up.

Could you give me some budget options? (150$ and less)

Cheers

post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldanik View Post
 

Could you give me some budget options? (150$ and less)

Cheers

The Sansa players have a cult following around here. The Clip line (Clip Zip and Clip +) are great little players that cost less than $50. They're memory expandable, Rockbox-able, easy to use, and have decent battery life. A step up would be the Sansa Fuze, especially the original model with click wheel instead of touch pad. Same features as the Zip but with a larger, color screen, click wheel, and better sound quality. They can be found used for under $100.

 

7th generation iPod Nanos can be had for around $100 and have earned pretty solid reviews with regards to SQ. If you like the Apple UI, then you certainly can't go wrong there either.

 

There are also several offerings from Sony like the NWZE374/384. Excellent little players with great SQ. If you're more comfortable with Android and the proprietary Sony apps, these are a good choice.


Edited by JoeDoe - 1/14/14 at 10:26am
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

The Sansa players have a cult following around here. The Clip line (Clip Zip and Clip +) are great little players that cost less than $50. They're memory expandable, Rockbox-able, easy to use, and have decent battery life. A step up would be the Sansa Fuze, especially the original model with click wheel instead of touch pad. Same features as the Zip but with a larger, color screen, click wheel, and better sound quality. They can be found used for under $100.

 

7th generation iPod Nanos can be had for around $100 and have earned pretty solid reviews with regards to SQ. If you like the Apple UI, then you certainly can't go wrong there either.

Thanks for helping me :)

 

I had sansa clip before, I found it a bit small.

 

I've seen on ebay some Zune HD for ~150$, Are they worth any good? (Audio Quality​, UI and etc.)

I've seen it's rated 19# in head fi.

 

waiting for your reply

post #9 of 19

iPod Video 5.5 Rockboxed (rockbox dot org). You can find them and on eBay too. 

post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 

Should I buy Colorfly C3 ?

Is it good mp3 player (sound quality) for less then 150$?
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 

"Colorfly C3" vs. "Zune Hd"

I need good mp3 player with good sound

 

Which of the following has better sound?

 

Geners: Rock, pop, rap

 

Cheers..

post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 

Hello?

post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
:,(
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldanik View Post

Is it good mp3 player (sound quality) for less then 150$?

 

The UI is clunky and you have to do some workarounds, but the sound is great for the $90 or so.  Don't think I would be inclined to listen to MP3s on it - get yourself some lossless files.

 

Keith

post #15 of 19

Two very different players. Zune HD is a bit old but sounds good and very easy to use but no memory card slots. I don't have a C3 but its sound specs and file/resolution specs are better only 8gb built in but has a card slot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Looking for ~190$ Mp3 (Budget mp3 player!)