Budget: Sub $200
Source: iPod, Laptop (Don't want cans that need an amp)
Isolation: Not needed,
Preferred Type: Over-ear and closed. Relatively large soundstage would be an added bonus. I'd take a open or semi-open pair that doesn't leak too much.
Tonal Balance: Strong bass impact, clear mids and highs. Bass that doesn't drown out the mids and highs. (My JVC cans have made me addicted to a strong bass impact)
Music: All music, Although somewhat a basshead.
Past Headphones: Sennheiser HD 201, JVC XX on-ear. The sennheisers were great for the price, but there wasn't anything special about them. The JVCs have sexy bass impact but are other wise mediocre.
More info: Preferably comfortable(My JVCs get uncomfortable and its an awful feeling). Don't want headphones that have a "boring" sound.
Interesting Headphones I've Seen:
- CAL! and CAL! 2 (don't know the differences)
- NVX XPT100 (heard they are very neutral and maybe boring but otherwise)
- ATH-M50 (heard that these are some of the clearest sounding on this list but worried about soundstage and comfort)
- Any sub 200$ Sennheiser cans (the selection is confusing)
- Superlux HD668b
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro