For Sale or Trade:
Sennheiser HD 650 with a HD 600 frame and HE60 Baby Orpheus Ear Pads SOLD
Will Ship To: CONUS, CANADA
I am selling my Sennheiser HD600/650 headphone since I found out I prefer closed headphones, and need funds for Fostex TH-600 and HP-A4 setup. I haven't used these since November last year (2013), and someone else could enjoy listening to the famous open-back sound of high end Sennheiser's. The headphones were kept storage in a closed space, free of dust, smoke and pets.
I purchased these from Kennedy Hi-Fi authorized reseller in late 2012, and I have the original receipt/invoice; I am the original owner, they are eligible for Sennheiser warranty with the receipt/invoice. I sold the HD600 drivers, accessories, and packaging on eBay as a "transformation kit", and replaced them with HD650 drivers, cables, and housing.
This is 100% authentic, original, and genuine. I do not support knock-offs/replicas products and scamming/rip-offs.
FOR SALE - $400 (Negotiable)
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WITH TRACKING
- FOSTEX TH-600 (will add money of course)
- V-MODA Crossfade M-100
- Sony MDR-7520
- Any other high end closed-back headphones.
Model – Sennheiser HD650 (latest metal screen version housing installed in a HD600 frame)
- The HD600 frame have very minor paint chips (near headband, unnoticeable), it is in excellent condition
- These have brand new HD650 drivers and casings (made last year and bought as spare parts directly from Sennheiser)
- Lightly used genuine Sennheiser HE60 hybrid leather and velour ear pads (used less than a year)
- Original HD 650 cables (mint, but missing the original 1/4" to 1/8" adapter)
- Re-foamed memory head pads (using memory foam bought from Canadian Tire, professionally sewed)
- The plastic pieces at the bottom were removed to achieve a different look (I put them back on after the pictures, will be included)
- Sennheiser HD 650 in a HD 600 frame/housing
- Sennheiser HD 650 cables (without the adapter)
- Original invoice/receipt
I have invested over $700 now to make this headphone the ideal and perfect HD 650. They are very comfortable and will last you a long time. Before I felt discomfort after wearing for <2 hours, after the mods I can wear these for >4 hours and not feel a thing. They disappear on your head! I modified this headphones with extensive care, following every instruction closely from the official service manuals, with a anti-static glove I used to build custom desktop computers. They were never abused, or maltreated.
These modifications do not change the sound much (except the obvious driver change), rather they are for practical and aesthetics reasons. The memory foam head pads and Baby Orpheus ear pads gets rid of the famous HD 600/650 clamping force issue, though people with narrower heads (such as myself) will also wear these with a secure fit, guaranteed. I find that the larger ear pads add a greater sense of space to music, and will bring out the full potentials of a open-back headphones's soundstage, airy-ness, and spaciousness.
I prefer local pickup, but can meet in person in the GTA,
I will gladly ship these to the CONUS and Canada international members as well, not a problem. Shipping and PayPal costs are not included.
You can check out my eBay feedbacks here.
Thanks for looking!
Edited by stuartfang - 1/17/14 at 10:48am