Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 45

Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?

 
  • 13% (23)
    HD6 DJ
  • 9% (16)
    HD7 DJ
  • 59% (101)
    HD8 DJ
  • 17% (30)
    None of them
170 Total Votes  
post #661 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Was the reason you traded to the 6 because of the bass being overwhelming? 
Yes. The HD8 sound a lil too dark and muffled for my preference. I heaed if u burn them in certain amount of hours they do get a lil bright. But too much bass for me. I had gotten them over the HD6 because Sennheiser themselves recommend me to get them for mixing purpose. Which was a huge mistake. But one thing I did enjoy of the HD8 is I guess because of the bass, it gets u in a groove of dancing. It made me feel like I was in a club environment I should say. So like one of the guys said above. It does shine on dance, techno, hip hop or..... Basically anything music tht are made for clubs. I guess this type of thing fits DJ s preference. Which I am not a DJ. I'm a producer tht does music production.
post #662 of 888

I need to get my paws on the HD6 MIX.

Reply
post #663 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post
 

Here's another review of the HD8 DJ:

http://blog.lessthan3.com/2014/04/review-sennheiser-hd8-dj-headphones/

not trying to hate but to be honest that review failed at describing the sound

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Head View Post

HD6 MIX + Finally my HD6 MIX headphones had gotten in a lil over 60 hours of burn in with pink noise. I must say. These headphones are great and will mos def live up to its hype. Everything sound more crisp and clear now without losing its thickness of presents in sound quality. The headphones are soo balanced and accurate tht it seems like every instrument have it's own space to breath in. Nothing overwhelms the other. It's like I can walk into the music itself and hold a conversation with every single instrument with out being disturbed by the others while playing... If tht make any sense to u guys. Lol. I am very very happy with my decision on exchanging the HD8 DJs for the HD6 MIX. I was very hesitant to do soo because there aren't any reviews or rates on the HD6 yet. I cnt wait to test how they sound through the VRM Box. Soo anxious to hear the results on my next mix. The HD6 gets 5 out of 5 stars from me. Hope u guys enjoy and very pleased with the headsets u chose out of the 3.

Tylls graphs and others impressions show that it is FAR from balanced. less bass doesn't mean more balanced. It would be hard to imagine this in the studio. 

 

This is the HD6 mix graph

Those are the same exact dips I said I HEARD in my review of the hd8dj and that resulted in a lack of life in instrument timbre.

I dont want to follow him as his word being law, neither do I want to lean totally on a graph, but that as well as @hekeli graphs confirmed my review of the hd 8 and since it has the same balance then you can expect a similar sound with less bass anchoring the music down. I found tons to like about it though.

 

So I am not totally hatin'. I just dont think words like balanced, accurate, or professional studio should be used anywhere near any of these headphones.

post #664 of 888
These graphs look totally different from the other three I have seen. The headset sound nowhere near how it appears in the graph. Tht if the graph a true statement. But the headphones are very true and translate really well. Because Wht I heard in the HD6 MIX. Is Wht I heard in my monitors, car, and stereo. U have to hear them yourself. The sound is very true. But still the quality is very rich and transparent.
post #665 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Head View Post

These graphs look totally different from the other three I have seen. The headset sound nowhere near how it appears in the graph. Tht if the graph a true statement. But the headphones are very true and translate really well. Because Wht I heard in the HD6 MIX. Is Wht I heard in my monitors, car, and stereo. U have to hear them yourself. The sound is very true. But still the quality is very rich and transparent.

right on. Though I dont fully believe it i definitely wont discredit you because I havent heard it myself. Only the hd8dj that only needed more balance to be recommendable.

post #666 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Head View Post

HD6 MIX + Finally my HD6 MIX headphones had gotten in a lil over 60 hours of burn in with pink noise. I must say. These headphones are great and will mos def live up to its hype. Everything sound more crisp and clear now without losing its thickness of presents in sound quality. The headphones are soo balanced and accurate tht it seems like every instrument have it's own space to breath in. Nothing overwhelms the other. It's like I can walk into the music itself and hold a conversation with every single instrument with out being disturbed by the others while playing... If tht make any sense to u guys. Lol. I am very very happy with my decision on exchanging the HD8 DJs for the HD6 MIX. I was very hesitant to do soo because there aren't any reviews or rates on the HD6 yet. I cnt wait to test how they sound through the VRM Box. Soo anxious to hear the results on my next mix. The HD6 gets 5 out of 5 stars from me. Hope u guys enjoy and very pleased with the headsets u chose out of the 3.

 

Increasing hype!

post #667 of 888
These are a very good set of headphones. Especially for mixing. Sennheiser did a great job on them. I dnt believe the graph above. There's another graph of the HD7 and HD8s tht look more uniformed and look closer to how the sound. It's already posted. If I can find it. I will quote it.
post #668 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfunk View Post

I Have finally got some HD8s and have had a good play with them. They do feel nicer with the metal components - they just feel a bit more solid then the HD7. I have hooked them up to our ghetto fabulous HATS setup. It is not super accurate and there is a little background noise here in our industrial unit but it is good enough to compare A with B - all the tests were done one after another with the same setup to give a fare comparison.
Here is a waterfall done with the HD25 as a comparison / benchmark as a lot of people have already tried them




Here is the HD7


And Here is the HD8



As you can see - at sensible volumes both the HD7 and HD8 rise quite allot at sub bass end and dip down a bit at the high end. Even though the drivers are the same spec the HD8 does seem flatter than the HD7 and listening to them both I do prefer the sound of the HD8. I will be pulling apart both headphones and checking out the internals over the next week or so and will see if they are much different inside
Here they go. These are graphs for the HD7 and 8s. They look more accurate to fit how those 2 sound.
post #669 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Head View Post


Here they go. These are graphs for the HD7 and 8s. They look more accurate to fit how those 2 sound.


You just have to be familiar with Tyll's measurements to know that you should apply a bit of a downwards slope after 1kHz to get a comparable view to these other measurement. TBH Hekeli's measurements doesn't look any better when you take into account Tyll's different algorithm of presenting the graph. That's still a significant dip in the highs, so much that I won't bother giving it a try as I'm looking for highs that is in-balance with the mids, these don't have it, these are "\" shape response, warmer/smoother than neutral timbre.

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 4/8/14 at 10:54pm
post #670 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post


You just have to be familiar with Tyll's measurements to know that you should apply a bit of a downwards slope after 1kHz to get a comparable view to these other measurement. TBH Hekeli's measurements doesn't look any better when you take into account Tyll's different algorithm of presenting the graph. That's still a significant dip in the highs, so much that I won't bother giving it a try as I'm looking for highs that is in-balance with the mids, these don't have it, these are "\" shape response, warmer/smoother than neutral timbre.


 
I agree. Thts why I returned the HD8 DJs and got the HD6 MIX. The graph in the green green are the HD8s. The gold are the HD7s. And the jungle green are another Sennheiser HDs. Not the HD6 tho. The HD6 have a flatter response. No way the graph for the HD6 toward the top of the page is correct.
post #671 of 888

Having followed this thread for a while and reading the impressions of the HD8 DJ, I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide a comparison to the HD650, seeing as the HD650s are also described as dark or even `veiled' and having a similar sound signature (slightly bassy, clear mids and laid-back highs, do correct me if I'm wrong). I do understand that it would be a comparison between an Open and Closed headphones, but I am hoping that if the sound signature is similar to the HD650, I would definitely grab a pair when it arrives at Singapore's shore in late-April.

 

Thanks in Advance!

post #672 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenG View Post
 

Having followed this thread for a while and reading the impressions of the HD8 DJ, I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide a comparison to the HD650, seeing as the HD650s are also described as dark or even `veiled' and having a similar sound signature (slightly bassy, clear mids and laid-back highs, do correct me if I'm wrong). I do understand that it would be a comparison between an Open and Closed headphones, but I am hoping that if the sound signature is similar to the HD650, I would definitely grab a pair when it arrives at Singapore's shore in late-April.

 

Thanks in Advance!

 

HD650 is more than "slightly bassy", and it is laid-back in the midrange, not the treble.  The treble sounds dark due to a lack of treble sparkle.  It's an awesome headphone, you should try it some time.

post #673 of 888
What ever level of veil the 650 has the hd8 dj is the next level and easily most veiled I have heard. Superlatives aren't fair but the 650 has a lot more life in the vocals and instruments. They don't have the lower mid dip or the treble dip but are both rolled off in the treble.
post #674 of 888
I m not sure if I hv mentioned before in this thread...but the hd8 dj sounded slightly veiled in certain setup which leads to me to suspect that it might be sensitive to source and amp.
post #675 of 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
 

 

HD650 is more than "slightly bassy", and it is laid-back in the midrange, not the treble.  The treble sounds dark due to a lack of treble sparkle.  It's an awesome headphone, you should try it some time.

 

It's definitely an awesome headphone, having tried it at meets and shops, though I'll admit it's been a while since I heard it. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

What ever level of veil the 650 has the hd8 dj is the next level and easily most veiled I have heard. Superlatives aren't fair but the 650 has a lot more life in the vocals and instruments. They don't have the lower mid dip or the treble dip but are both rolled off in the treble.

 

Thanks for your comparison! It is a bit worrying to hear about a stronger `veil' over the music, which makes it even more interesting for me to note when the demo is available here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.