Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 44

Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?

 
  • 13% (23)
    HD6 DJ
  • 9% (17)
    HD7 DJ
  • 59% (103)
    HD8 DJ
  • 17% (30)
    None of them
173 Total Votes  
post #646 of 903

Go for the HD8 DJ, the best among the three.

post #647 of 903
Could anyone recommending a decent desktop DAC/AMP combo for the Sennheiser HD8 DJ? Preferably in the $150-$300 range. Options I'm currently considering:
Schiit Modi + Magni stack, Modi + Vali stack, and JDS Labs O2 + ODAC.
post #648 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPiro View Post

Could anyone recommending a decent desktop DAC/AMP combo for the Sennheiser HD8 DJ? Preferably in the $150-$300 range. Options I'm currently considering:
Schiit Modi + Magni stack, Modi + Vali stack, and JDS Labs O2 + ODAC.

 

I have the Magni/Modi stack and I've gotta say, it's such a great value. Great performance and build. Highly recommended!

 

As far as it being a recommendation for the HD8—no clue. Haven't heard the combo. 

post #649 of 903
[IMG]
I had spent 2 weeks with the HD8 DJ headphones. To be honest. They didn't fit my preference at all. To me they were a bit too dark and muffled. I even burned them in by letting them blast with static over nights. About 35 hours total. They seemed to brighten a bit after tht but still didn't fit my preference. I was wanting headphones for mixing productions and it seem like Sennheiser was trying to push the headphones to the max with promotions like it tops all 3 headphones in the HD DJ line. I even called them and asked which one out of the 3 shouldI choose for my application. Which is mixing. Most of them pointed out the HD8s. So I try them out and wasn't happy. So I returned them and exchanged for the HD6 MIX. The sound is extremely crisp and clean. I would say they are the most transparent headphones I ever owned. The sound quality remind me of the ATH-M50s but without the hollow airy mids tht makes the sound quality sound a lil thin. The HD6 is like the ATH-M50s on steroids. Thts the best way to describe them. But they are more balanced with tht in your face sound tht just makes it more present in your ears. I guess the Sennheiser guys are really trying to push the HD8s harder because of its strong and unique build quality which is eye catching. Think of these headsets like Mic pre amps. SOLID STATE = HD6 MIX. TUBE = HD7 & HD8 DJs. I am more than satisfied with the HD6 sound quality. I'm soo anxious to hear wht they sound like after been broken in. 😁
post #650 of 903

I'll post some more impressions once I have spent more time with them, but for now, I will say this:

 

If you listen to Dance music / EDM, or DJ, you will NOT be disappointed with the HD8s. :dt880smile:

 

If you look at them for their intended market of DJ use, they hit the ball out of the park as far as I'm concerned. 

post #651 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD1011 View Post
 

I'll post some more impressions once I have spent more time with them, but for now, I will say this:

 

If you listen to Dance music / EDM, or DJ, you will NOT be disappointed with the HD8s. :dt880smile:

 

If you look at them for their intended market of DJ use, they hit the ball out of the park as far as I'm concerned. 

Thank you. Someone actually confirms and recognizes this. Look forward to your more detailed impressions.

post #652 of 903

HD8 DJ has a LOT of BASS.  Perfect for DJing.

Reply
post #653 of 903

how to they compare to the p7 and 7520?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

HD8 DJ has a LOT of BASS.  Perfect for DJing.

how to they compare to the p7 and 7520? I know the question is out of context since neither of those are for djing, but I just really want to know.

post #654 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juandv9307 View Post
 

how to they compare to the p7 and 7520?

how to they compare to the p7 and 7520? I know the question is out of context since neither of those are for djing, but I just really want to know.

I have heard the p7 but owned the hd8 and 7520

 

They sound nothing alike at all

The 7520 has a cleaner, faster sound with the timbre not as natural or smooth but fuller mids and more detail. The 7520 also has a midbass hump. The hd8 has the bass hump but its bass is a lot stronger and more controlled with way less texture and detail in the bass. The 7520 has a smaller soundstage and sounds more congested yet its sound quality over all is still better than the hd8 dj. The hd8 is slightly darker than the 7520 but neither are bright. The comfort is about the same with the slight nod to the 7520 imo. I appreciate the smoother more natural sound of the hd8 but I also appreciate the detail and speed of the 7520 and its resolution.

 

From brief listening the hd8 to me would be preferred to the p7 in certain ways but I actually shouldnt really comment there....They sound a lot different for sure though. 

post #655 of 903

I currently have a pair of HE-400's  and am looking to move to a closed back headphone. I would like it to retain the same V shape signature, although with a slightly more neutral touch (tune the bass down a bit. I want a bit of a V signature, but nothing too distracting). Which one would be ideal? 

post #656 of 903
Hd8. It will most likely sound veiled though coming from the he400.
post #657 of 903

of the above mentioned (7520,hdj,p7) the p7 will sound the most v shaped but none of them are v-shaped. You should prob get an l2 something I dunno. Or even a MD but thats not v-shaped either.

post #658 of 903
post #659 of 903
HD6 MIX + Finally my HD6 MIX headphones had gotten in a lil over 60 hours of burn in with pink noise. I must say. These headphones are great and will mos def live up to its hype. Everything sound more crisp and clear now without losing its thickness of presents in sound quality. The headphones are soo balanced and accurate tht it seems like every instrument have it's own space to breath in. Nothing overwhelms the other. It's like I can walk into the music itself and hold a conversation with every single instrument with out being disturbed by the others while playing... If tht make any sense to u guys. Lol. I am very very happy with my decision on exchanging the HD8 DJs for the HD6 MIX. I was very hesitant to do soo because there aren't any reviews or rates on the HD6 yet. I cnt wait to test how they sound through the VRM Box. Soo anxious to hear the results on my next mix. The HD6 gets 5 out of 5 stars from me. Hope u guys enjoy and very pleased with the headsets u chose out of the 3.
post #660 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Head View Post

HD6 MIX + Finally my HD6 MIX headphones had gotten in a lil over 60 hours of burn in with pink noise. I must say. These headphones are great and will mos def live up to its hype. Everything sound more crisp and clear now without losing its thickness of presents in sound quality. The headphones are soo balanced and accurate tht it seems like every instrument have it's own space to breath in. Nothing overwhelms the other. It's like I can walk into the music itself and hold a conversation with every single instrument with out being disturbed by the others while playing... If tht make any sense to u guys. Lol. I am very very happy with my decision on exchanging the HD8 DJs for the HD6 MIX. I was very hesitant to do soo because there aren't any reviews or rates on the HD6 yet. I cnt wait to test how they sound through the VRM Box. Soo anxious to hear the results on my next mix. The HD6 gets 5 out of 5 stars from me. Hope u guys enjoy and very pleased with the headsets u chose out of the 3.


Was the reason you traded to the 6 because of the bass being overwhelming? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.