Just ordered HD8 DJ - I should get them by the end of next week. The 30-day Thomann return guarantee was too tempting ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Deal Alert: Crutchfield including 3 Months of TIDAL for free on select headphone... Last post on 6/2/15 at 5:37pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser invites you to MUNICH HIGH END 2015 Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:30pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:11 am in Headphones (full-size)
- PRESS RELEASE - Three times a winner: Sennheiser’s RS, URBANITE and SPORTS models win... Last post on 4/8/15 at 8:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- BLUE STAGE - Sennheiser's digital magazine gets a new concept and design Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:25pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 32
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
12% (26)HD6 DJ
10% (22)HD7 DJ
60% (123)HD8 DJ
15% (32)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't get the impression at all that he was nitpicking or complaining needlessly. He was simply providing information. I don't see how that could possibly be a bad thing. Overall he has provided more useful information than anyone else in this thread and I really liked that particular video because it shows exactly what he (and others) mean when they mention the creaking.
Do we really need to make a whole new thread-- "The not as appreciative HD 6/7/8 thread-- post your impressions here if they include anything negative"
Lets please not do that. Off with the bickering; on with the impressions and info.
Unnecessary post I already said earlier that I understood. If u want I will delete my previous post.
As long as I don't hear it while wearing it I don't care. But that's just me.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 10:30am
My bad if I missed one of your earlier posts, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I personally think, but I don't think it makes sense to badger someone for information they are providing just because you personally don't care one way or the other. I cared to hear and see what the creaking was really like and I'm sure there are others that were interested to find out as well, and people in the future who are looking into these cans will have that info available to them. How posting on-topic information/videos could ever be a bad thing is beyond me.
Anyway I don't want to derail the thread anymore and I apologize if I was rude, I didn't mean to be. Like a lot of people in this thread I'm just trying to learn all I can about these new cans and it doesn't help if information is being blocked or brushed off simply because the most fervent members of the thread don't think its necessary for some reason or they don't like that the person is being somewhat critical.
Anyway, on with the thread. I'd love to try these out before buying, anyone know if there are any brick & mortar stores that are/will be selling them?
I get it now.
you are right.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 11:56am
in what ways do they not measure up
The subbass boost versus HD7 + I had hoped to see slightly more elevated highs range. I'd want headphones which sound great also at pretty low volume, these seem like they need slightly higher vol to get the highs on a percieved suitable level.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/26/14 at 12:38pm
ohh i see.
sometimes I welcome rolled off treble but yeah I can understand totally. Usually dj headphones are tuned this way to avoid it being piercing at loud volumes.
My 7's sounded that way, meaning all low end and no top end.
I wouldn't say there is "no top end", quite perfect for playing a bit louder. But they are a little dark/muffled by nature, not especially open sounding but not bad either. Serious quality and fun for specific electronica etc, but I'd be cautious recommending them as general purpose cans. They have a special flavor/balance I've yet to hear elsewhere.
Edited by hekeli - 2/26/14 at 10:12pm
I hear mostly to metal and I should get the HD8 after the weekend, so I'll let you know.
Just used the HD8 DJ's in the studio for the first time yesterday.
1) isolation is outstanding (this was one of the key reasons I was looking at these cans).
2) great fit, at least for me, both over the ear and clamp.
3) that the cable can be inserted into either cup is a nice feature.
as for sound quality: well, my segment on Tulsa's Mix 96 (What's Your Problem Wednesday) is mostly talk, as is my show on KRMG (What's Your Problem Weekend) so... I sounded GREAT! So did Tad and Kendall. But, due to the nature of the show, there isn't much time for me to enjoy listening to music while everything is going on.
These do everything I hoped they would. And, they look great. Immediate headphone-envy from Tad, who is a long-time Sennheiser fan. If anything, they're overkill for my purposes.
But, sometimes overkill is just what you need. :)
Edited by Oldnslo - 2/27/14 at 8:12am
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 9 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 28 seconds ago
- › Guru (Keith Elam) passed away 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Soloist 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 7 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)