Just ordered HD8 DJ - I should get them by the end of next week. The 30-day Thomann return guarantee was too tempting ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday Sounds Best At The Sennheiser Online Shop Last post on 11/27/16 at 4:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Future of Audio pops up in New York City Last post on 11/25/16 at 9:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SENNHEISER ASIA - END OF SEASON SALE Last post on 11/9/16 at 6:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 Last post on 9/30/16 at 2:45am in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser at AES Convention - Design Enhancement for HD 280 PRO Last post on 9/29/16 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 32
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
13% (33)HD6 DJ
12% (29)HD7 DJ
59% (143)HD8 DJ
14% (35)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't get the impression at all that he was nitpicking or complaining needlessly. He was simply providing information. I don't see how that could possibly be a bad thing. Overall he has provided more useful information than anyone else in this thread and I really liked that particular video because it shows exactly what he (and others) mean when they mention the creaking.
Do we really need to make a whole new thread-- "The not as appreciative HD 6/7/8 thread-- post your impressions here if they include anything negative"
Lets please not do that. Off with the bickering; on with the impressions and info.
Unnecessary post I already said earlier that I understood. If u want I will delete my previous post.
As long as I don't hear it while wearing it I don't care. But that's just me.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 10:30am
My bad if I missed one of your earlier posts, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I personally think, but I don't think it makes sense to badger someone for information they are providing just because you personally don't care one way or the other. I cared to hear and see what the creaking was really like and I'm sure there are others that were interested to find out as well, and people in the future who are looking into these cans will have that info available to them. How posting on-topic information/videos could ever be a bad thing is beyond me.
Anyway I don't want to derail the thread anymore and I apologize if I was rude, I didn't mean to be. Like a lot of people in this thread I'm just trying to learn all I can about these new cans and it doesn't help if information is being blocked or brushed off simply because the most fervent members of the thread don't think its necessary for some reason or they don't like that the person is being somewhat critical.
Anyway, on with the thread. I'd love to try these out before buying, anyone know if there are any brick & mortar stores that are/will be selling them?
I get it now.
you are right.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 11:56am
in what ways do they not measure up
The subbass boost versus HD7 + I had hoped to see slightly more elevated highs range. I'd want headphones which sound great also at pretty low volume, these seem like they need slightly higher vol to get the highs on a percieved suitable level.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/26/14 at 12:38pm
ohh i see.
sometimes I welcome rolled off treble but yeah I can understand totally. Usually dj headphones are tuned this way to avoid it being piercing at loud volumes.
My 7's sounded that way, meaning all low end and no top end.
I wouldn't say there is "no top end", quite perfect for playing a bit louder. But they are a little dark/muffled by nature, not especially open sounding but not bad either. Serious quality and fun for specific electronica etc, but I'd be cautious recommending them as general purpose cans. They have a special flavor/balance I've yet to hear elsewhere.
Edited by hekeli - 2/26/14 at 10:12pm
I hear mostly to metal and I should get the HD8 after the weekend, so I'll let you know.
Just used the HD8 DJ's in the studio for the first time yesterday.
1) isolation is outstanding (this was one of the key reasons I was looking at these cans).
2) great fit, at least for me, both over the ear and clamp.
3) that the cable can be inserted into either cup is a nice feature.
as for sound quality: well, my segment on Tulsa's Mix 96 (What's Your Problem Wednesday) is mostly talk, as is my show on KRMG (What's Your Problem Weekend) so... I sounded GREAT! So did Tad and Kendall. But, due to the nature of the show, there isn't much time for me to enjoy listening to music while everything is going on.
These do everything I hoped they would. And, they look great. Immediate headphone-envy from Tad, who is a long-time Sennheiser fan. If anything, they're overkill for my purposes.
But, sometimes overkill is just what you need. :)
Edited by Oldnslo - 2/27/14 at 8:12am
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 12 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear