Just ordered HD8 DJ - I should get them by the end of next week. The 30-day Thomann return guarantee was too tempting ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- PRESS RELEASE: Audio Specialist Sennheiser & HDtracks take music lovers on a sonic adventure Last post on 11/20/14 at 11:06pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Press Release: Sennheiser to Open Experiential Pop Up Stores New York City and San Francisco for... Last post on 11/21/14 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser creates special Ingress editions of the MOMENTUM On-Ear Last post on 10/12/14 at 10:51pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on Yesterday at 8:03 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 32
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
13% (25)HD6 DJ
10% (20)HD7 DJ
59% (110)HD8 DJ
16% (31)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't get the impression at all that he was nitpicking or complaining needlessly. He was simply providing information. I don't see how that could possibly be a bad thing. Overall he has provided more useful information than anyone else in this thread and I really liked that particular video because it shows exactly what he (and others) mean when they mention the creaking.
Do we really need to make a whole new thread-- "The not as appreciative HD 6/7/8 thread-- post your impressions here if they include anything negative"
Lets please not do that. Off with the bickering; on with the impressions and info.
Unnecessary post I already said earlier that I understood. If u want I will delete my previous post.
As long as I don't hear it while wearing it I don't care. But that's just me.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 10:30am
My bad if I missed one of your earlier posts, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I personally think, but I don't think it makes sense to badger someone for information they are providing just because you personally don't care one way or the other. I cared to hear and see what the creaking was really like and I'm sure there are others that were interested to find out as well, and people in the future who are looking into these cans will have that info available to them. How posting on-topic information/videos could ever be a bad thing is beyond me.
Anyway I don't want to derail the thread anymore and I apologize if I was rude, I didn't mean to be. Like a lot of people in this thread I'm just trying to learn all I can about these new cans and it doesn't help if information is being blocked or brushed off simply because the most fervent members of the thread don't think its necessary for some reason or they don't like that the person is being somewhat critical.
Anyway, on with the thread. I'd love to try these out before buying, anyone know if there are any brick & mortar stores that are/will be selling them?
I get it now.
you are right.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 11:56am
in what ways do they not measure up
The subbass boost versus HD7 + I had hoped to see slightly more elevated highs range. I'd want headphones which sound great also at pretty low volume, these seem like they need slightly higher vol to get the highs on a percieved suitable level.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/26/14 at 12:38pm
ohh i see.
sometimes I welcome rolled off treble but yeah I can understand totally. Usually dj headphones are tuned this way to avoid it being piercing at loud volumes.
My 7's sounded that way, meaning all low end and no top end.
I wouldn't say there is "no top end", quite perfect for playing a bit louder. But they are a little dark/muffled by nature, not especially open sounding but not bad either. Serious quality and fun for specific electronica etc, but I'd be cautious recommending them as general purpose cans. They have a special flavor/balance I've yet to hear elsewhere.
Edited by hekeli - 2/26/14 at 10:12pm
I hear mostly to metal and I should get the HD8 after the weekend, so I'll let you know.
Just used the HD8 DJ's in the studio for the first time yesterday.
1) isolation is outstanding (this was one of the key reasons I was looking at these cans).
2) great fit, at least for me, both over the ear and clamp.
3) that the cable can be inserted into either cup is a nice feature.
as for sound quality: well, my segment on Tulsa's Mix 96 (What's Your Problem Wednesday) is mostly talk, as is my show on KRMG (What's Your Problem Weekend) so... I sounded GREAT! So did Tad and Kendall. But, due to the nature of the show, there isn't much time for me to enjoy listening to music while everything is going on.
These do everything I hoped they would. And, they look great. Immediate headphone-envy from Tad, who is a long-time Sennheiser fan. If anything, they're overkill for my purposes.
But, sometimes overkill is just what you need. :)
Edited by Oldnslo - 2/27/14 at 8:12am
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Cardas Clear Audeze to 2x3Pin XLR 10 foot 2 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C... 5 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)