Just ordered HD8 DJ - I should get them by the end of next week. The 30-day Thomann return guarantee was too tempting ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on 9/21/14 at 8:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones Last post on Yesterday at 11:49 am in Headphones (full-size)
- PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio Last post on 9/8/14 at 7:45pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser USA SAMBA Head-Fi Giveaway Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:37am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser IE80's vs Sennheiser HD8 DJ's Last post on 6/13/14 at 11:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 32
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
13% (23)HD6 DJ
10% (18)HD7 DJ
59% (103)HD8 DJ
17% (30)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't get the impression at all that he was nitpicking or complaining needlessly. He was simply providing information. I don't see how that could possibly be a bad thing. Overall he has provided more useful information than anyone else in this thread and I really liked that particular video because it shows exactly what he (and others) mean when they mention the creaking.
Do we really need to make a whole new thread-- "The not as appreciative HD 6/7/8 thread-- post your impressions here if they include anything negative"
Lets please not do that. Off with the bickering; on with the impressions and info.
Unnecessary post I already said earlier that I understood. If u want I will delete my previous post.
As long as I don't hear it while wearing it I don't care. But that's just me.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 10:30am
My bad if I missed one of your earlier posts, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I personally think, but I don't think it makes sense to badger someone for information they are providing just because you personally don't care one way or the other. I cared to hear and see what the creaking was really like and I'm sure there are others that were interested to find out as well, and people in the future who are looking into these cans will have that info available to them. How posting on-topic information/videos could ever be a bad thing is beyond me.
Anyway I don't want to derail the thread anymore and I apologize if I was rude, I didn't mean to be. Like a lot of people in this thread I'm just trying to learn all I can about these new cans and it doesn't help if information is being blocked or brushed off simply because the most fervent members of the thread don't think its necessary for some reason or they don't like that the person is being somewhat critical.
Anyway, on with the thread. I'd love to try these out before buying, anyone know if there are any brick & mortar stores that are/will be selling them?
I get it now.
you are right.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/26/14 at 11:56am
in what ways do they not measure up
The subbass boost versus HD7 + I had hoped to see slightly more elevated highs range. I'd want headphones which sound great also at pretty low volume, these seem like they need slightly higher vol to get the highs on a percieved suitable level.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/26/14 at 12:38pm
ohh i see.
sometimes I welcome rolled off treble but yeah I can understand totally. Usually dj headphones are tuned this way to avoid it being piercing at loud volumes.
My 7's sounded that way, meaning all low end and no top end.
I wouldn't say there is "no top end", quite perfect for playing a bit louder. But they are a little dark/muffled by nature, not especially open sounding but not bad either. Serious quality and fun for specific electronica etc, but I'd be cautious recommending them as general purpose cans. They have a special flavor/balance I've yet to hear elsewhere.
Edited by hekeli - 2/26/14 at 10:12pm
I hear mostly to metal and I should get the HD8 after the weekend, so I'll let you know.
Just used the HD8 DJ's in the studio for the first time yesterday.
1) isolation is outstanding (this was one of the key reasons I was looking at these cans).
2) great fit, at least for me, both over the ear and clamp.
3) that the cable can be inserted into either cup is a nice feature.
as for sound quality: well, my segment on Tulsa's Mix 96 (What's Your Problem Wednesday) is mostly talk, as is my show on KRMG (What's Your Problem Weekend) so... I sounded GREAT! So did Tad and Kendall. But, due to the nature of the show, there isn't much time for me to enjoy listening to music while everything is going on.
These do everything I hoped they would. And, they look great. Immediate headphone-envy from Tad, who is a long-time Sennheiser fan. If anything, they're overkill for my purposes.
But, sometimes overkill is just what you need. :)
Edited by Oldnslo - 2/27/14 at 8:12am
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 58 seconds ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › How to add DAC to my setup? 5 minutes ago
- › Mini Balanced to 2.5mm (AK120II to headphone amp) 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 10 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)