Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 28

Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?

 
  • 13% (25)
    HD6 DJ
  • 11% (21)
    HD7 DJ
  • 59% (113)
    HD8 DJ
  • 16% (31)
    None of them
190 Total Votes  
post #406 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post
 

I've been burning in my phones for quite a while now.. no changes that I can detect. I have to say that I find the HD6 "Mix" to be a joke for what it's marketed for, just like someone said before. Even if it's a bit more balanced than HD7, it's still a muddy muffled mess compared to even my 4x cheaper trusty Aurvana Lives where you can actually hear the highs etc and everything is much more neutral/open. Maybe the intended "studio" work is actually more for noisy concert stuff where HD25 etc are the norm..

no if you think they are muddy then they are not for the studio

post #407 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post
 

I've been burning in my phones for quite a while now.. no changes that I can detect. I have to say that I find the HD6 "Mix" to be a joke for what it's marketed for, just like someone said before. Even if it's a bit more balanced than HD7, it's still a muddy muffled mess compared to even my 4x cheaper trusty Aurvana Lives where you can actually hear the highs etc and everything is much more neutral/open. Maybe the intended "studio" work is actually more for noisy concert stuff where HD25 etc are the norm..

The HD line does need burn-in. I would burn-in at least 100 hours before making any conclusions. Every headphone is a different flavor. Even if  you hit the HD6's sweet spot, you may not like the end result sound. HD25 and the HD 6,7,8 line are very similar, and very different. 

post #408 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
 

The HD line does need burn-in. I would burn-in at least 100 hours before making any conclusions.

 

One would hope for more sensible talk here. There is really no evidence why one would expect the drivers to change after much less hours. These particular pads do not seem something that would change or "flatten" much either. I'm afraid the nature of these phones will stay the same no matter what, of course I will be happy to report later if something miraculous were to happen. And I use measurements, the same tracks and other phones as reference - I do not rely on audio memory alone.


Edited by hekeli - 2/22/14 at 1:54pm
post #409 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
 

The HD line does need burn-in. I would burn-in at least 100 hours before making any conclusions. Every headphone is a different flavor. Even if  you hit the HD6's sweet spot, you may not like the end result sound. HD25 and the HD 6,7,8 line are very similar, and very different. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post
 

 

One would hope for more sensible talk here. There is really no evidence why one would expect the drivers to change after much less hours. These particular pads do not seem something that would change or "flatten" much either. I'm afraid the nature of these phones will stay the same no matter what, of course I will be happy to report later if something miraculous were to happen. And I use measurements, the same tracks and other phones as reference - I do not rely on audio memory alone.

:rolleyes: wow that was a shrewd comment you highlighted one part but forgot the other. 

in general he is trying to say that to him it is needed with the hd line but that even if you burn them in you wont like them based on what you said. 

 

I have only had one headphone where burn in actually made a difference and the yamaha harmonic distortion in the lower mids cleared up slightly.

 

other than that i havent heard burn in ever change the headphones or my impressions of them. I do believe a whole lot in brain burn in where you get used to a sound and it becomes harder to notice the issues you did upon first listens. 

post #410 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

:rolleyes: wow that was a shrewd comment you highlighted one part but forgot the other. 

 

Sure, though why mention pointless burn-in in the first place, especially without defining what one means with it. Ok I was guilty of the the same anyway, but I was just covering the bases for the believers, this time I was really trying to listen for changes..

 

I do find HD7 now generally more enjoyable with it's more highs, the extra bass doesn't matter, it brings a little excitement. I feel both phones are a bit muddied anyway with the midbass.


Edited by hekeli - 2/22/14 at 3:43pm
post #411 of 954

we all do thinking out loud here.

 

but all of that aside you have all three?

 

so you like the 7 more than the 6 obviously

 

how does the 8 fair if you do have it.

 

Since didnt like the 7 I am really interested in the 8 even if I buy it and sell it. 

post #412 of 954

I should receive my HD8 on wednesday..

post #413 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post



rolleyes.gif  wow that was a shrewd comment you highlighted one part but forgot the other. 
in general he is trying to say that to him it is needed with the hd line but that even if you burn them in you wont like them based on what you said. 

I have only had one headphone where burn in actually made a difference and the yamaha harmonic distortion in the lower mids cleared up slightly.

other than that i havent heard burn in ever change the headphones or my impressions of them. I do believe a whole lot in brain burn in where you get used to a sound and it becomes harder to notice the issues you did upon first listens. 

I love when people get over emotional regarding burn-in, cables, pads etc...hekeli doesn't really get it obviously. However, I'm glad grizzly does. I personally am not a big believer in burn-in and what it does on a physical science aspect. Many headfiers lean equally or more towards "brain" burn-in. And I'm sorry, but if you are looking for a "studio" headphone, I wouldn't exactly go straight to a new product. Be smart/wise and go to a headphone that is proven to be a better mixing headphone first. That is what is more "sensible" buddy.
post #414 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

we all do thinking out loud here.

but all of that aside you have all three?

so you like the 7 more than the 6 obviously

how does the 8 fair if you do have it.

Since didnt like the 7 I am really interested in the 8 even if I buy it and sell it. 

It "sounds" like the hd8 may be right up your alley.
post #415 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post
 

I should receive my HD8 on wednesday..

an in depth comparison would be much appreciated. 

also for real studio headphones the yamaha mt220 and focal spirit pro are really good. I do think it is a shame that sennheiser hd6 is like that and you arent the only one to mention it. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post


It "sounds" like the hd8 may be right up your alley.

I believe you bro. I just have to wait for available funds.


Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/22/14 at 7:02pm
post #416 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post


I love when people get over emotional regarding burn-in, cables, pads etc...hekeli doesn't really get it obviously.

 

Not sure what I'm not getting? :rolleyes:

 

Wouldn't it be easier to have a conversation directly with me? I'm not sure who are you even referring to "looking for a new studio phone". What anyone here has done is tried the phones and several have found out the "Mixing" part (of HD6) is really not up to par like advertised. Isn't that the point of this site try out new things?


Edited by hekeli - 2/23/14 at 1:59am
post #417 of 954
...hekeli, read it again, that was directed towards you. Also anyone who complains about those burn-in, cables, pads knowing that those are already vague topics with as much science as personal belief. The whole point of life is to try out new things. Feel free to try out as many headphones as you wish. Just don't say I'm insensible when you find that you don't like a headphone sounds right off the bat. Experiences headfiers buy many headphones feeling disappointed using the first few hours of a headphone only to be surprised when the drivers actually open up. Almost all higher end headphones, studio or audiophile, need some type of burn-in. DJ headphones being a dynamic driver, will change. Every phone has a different blooming period. Some feel like it takes more than 500 hours for the headphone to make a complete change. In the end, you either didn't like the headphone or you just didn't give yourself time to allow burn-in to occur.
post #418 of 954
Just drop it and move on.
post #419 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post

...hekeli, read it again, that was directed towards you. Also anyone who complains about those burn-in, cables, pads knowing that those are already vague topics with as much science as personal belief. The whole point of life is to try out new things. Feel free to try out as many headphones as you wish. Just don't say I'm insensible when you find that you don't like a headphone sounds right off the bat. Experiences headfiers buy many headphones feeling disappointed using the first few hours of a headphone only to be surprised when the drivers actually open up. Almost all higher end headphones, studio or audiophile, need some type of burn-in. DJ headphones being a dynamic driver, will change. Every phone has a different blooming period. Some feel like it takes more than 500 hours for the headphone to make a complete change. In the end, you either didn't like the headphone or you just didn't give yourself time to allow burn-in to occur.

 

I'm sorry but this is just the "insensible" stuff I'm talking about generally, nothing personal. Also first you say you are more believer in brain burn-in, then talk about drivers opening up. What are you actually trying to convey?

 

Why can't we just talk about "brain adjusting to the sound" when we mean it, and not the voodoo "burn-in" which always means different things to different people? I always associate burn-in with physical properties and that's how it should be (imo). Nothing vague about pads "burning in", of course some types wear or flatten especially with 500 hours and that can clearly affect sound. Cables do not even belong in the discussion, why do you bring that up?

 

I'm personally trying to compare pretty objectively with measurements and other phones. I'm not disappointed or "dislike the phones" in the sense that you talk about, I'm just trying to figure out how they are in the grand scheme of things. Actually I find the dark nature and cavernous yet punchy bass of HD7 super for some proper underground stuff. Btw they handle 20hz sinegen like a champ.

post #420 of 954
Just stop your whining. No one really cares about your pointless rants. Read from the beginning again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.