so one review on hd6 and it pretty much said theyre crap and not for studio
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday Sounds Best At The Sennheiser Online Shop Last post on 11/27/16 at 4:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Future of Audio pops up in New York City Last post on 11/25/16 at 9:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SENNHEISER ASIA - END OF SEASON SALE Last post on 11/9/16 at 6:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 Last post on 9/30/16 at 2:45am in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser at AES Convention - Design Enhancement for HD 280 PRO Last post on 9/29/16 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 22
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
13% (33)HD6 DJ
12% (29)HD7 DJ
59% (142)HD8 DJ
14% (35)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I Have finally got some HD8s and have had a good play with them. They do feel nicer with the metal components - they just feel a bit more solid then the HD7. I have hooked them up to our ghetto fabulous HATS setup. It is not super accurate and there is a little background noise here in our industrial unit but it is good enough to compare A with B - all the tests were done one after another with the same setup to give a fare comparison.
Here is a waterfall done with the HD25 as a comparison / benchmark as a lot of people have already tried them
Here is the HD7
And Here is the HD8
As you can see - at sensible volumes both the HD7 and HD8 rise quite allot at sub bass end and dip down a bit at the high end. Even though the drivers are the same spec the HD8 does seem flatter than the HD7 and listening to them both I do prefer the sound of the HD8. I will be pulling apart both headphones and checking out the internals over the next week or so and will see if they are much different inside
Good, the measurements starts looking promissing for HD8 for me so far, also good to know the pads should fit me, the width was somewhat worrying but I estimate my ears to be roughly ~4cm wide so should fit.
My ears are 75 mm long, so i will have no chance of comfortably wearing. I had hoped they are as big as the 500er or 600er Series (75 mm and perfect). I have a HD 518 and i like the sound. But the cushion is to hard after 30 min.
I don't have any HD25 ALU to hand at the moment but should have some more in a week. They do definitely have more bass than the HD25ALU but I will have to have another side by side listen to check the quality of the bass as more is not always better. The HD8 do produce more sub bass so they drop down lower than the HD25 ALU but I suspect the aluminiums have slightly more detailed / textured bass. I will have to have a good listen to both when they come in and check.
Define crap? Either some frequencies get through or they don't, isolation can be easily and objectively measured... I will do that when I get them this/next week.
I Have just had a quick check playing some white noise through our speakers and the isolation seems similar to the HD25 but I don't want to play it too loud and upset the guys in the next unit ;) I may try to rig up a test tonight after they have finished for the day. The one thing I have noticed which is a little annoying for use on the streets... We hare having quite a few storms where I live at the moment and having a detachable cable socket in each ear - the ear without the cable can tend to pick up a lot of wind noise as wind blows across the socket. I have done a quick experriment and the socked does not seem to be sealed on the inside so could let in more noise than the cabled one - probably an easy mod/fix but worth looking into.
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › *NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series... 37 seconds ago
- › Would my home theatre receiver be able to drive Sennheiser HD 650s? 43 seconds ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 58 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 1 minute ago
- › The first person to listen to the HD 598 CS Closed Back 1 minute ago
- › Headphones sale 1 minute ago
- › What sound stage I should be pursuing? 3 minutes ago
- › Help me get some new headphones, really picky, (first post) 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 5 minutes ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 6 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear