so one review on hd6 and it pretty much said theyre crap and not for studio
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday Sounds Best At The Sennheiser Online Shop Last post on 11/27/16 at 4:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Future of Audio pops up in New York City Last post on 11/25/16 at 9:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SENNHEISER ASIA - END OF SEASON SALE Last post on 11/9/16 at 6:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 Last post on 9/30/16 at 2:45am in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser at AES Convention - Design Enhancement for HD 280 PRO Last post on 9/29/16 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 22
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
13% (33)HD6 DJ
12% (29)HD7 DJ
59% (142)HD8 DJ
14% (35)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I Have finally got some HD8s and have had a good play with them. They do feel nicer with the metal components - they just feel a bit more solid then the HD7. I have hooked them up to our ghetto fabulous HATS setup. It is not super accurate and there is a little background noise here in our industrial unit but it is good enough to compare A with B - all the tests were done one after another with the same setup to give a fare comparison.
Here is a waterfall done with the HD25 as a comparison / benchmark as a lot of people have already tried them
Here is the HD7
And Here is the HD8
As you can see - at sensible volumes both the HD7 and HD8 rise quite allot at sub bass end and dip down a bit at the high end. Even though the drivers are the same spec the HD8 does seem flatter than the HD7 and listening to them both I do prefer the sound of the HD8. I will be pulling apart both headphones and checking out the internals over the next week or so and will see if they are much different inside
Good, the measurements starts looking promissing for HD8 for me so far, also good to know the pads should fit me, the width was somewhat worrying but I estimate my ears to be roughly ~4cm wide so should fit.
My ears are 75 mm long, so i will have no chance of comfortably wearing. I had hoped they are as big as the 500er or 600er Series (75 mm and perfect). I have a HD 518 and i like the sound. But the cushion is to hard after 30 min.
I don't have any HD25 ALU to hand at the moment but should have some more in a week. They do definitely have more bass than the HD25ALU but I will have to have another side by side listen to check the quality of the bass as more is not always better. The HD8 do produce more sub bass so they drop down lower than the HD25 ALU but I suspect the aluminiums have slightly more detailed / textured bass. I will have to have a good listen to both when they come in and check.
Define crap? Either some frequencies get through or they don't, isolation can be easily and objectively measured... I will do that when I get them this/next week.
I Have just had a quick check playing some white noise through our speakers and the isolation seems similar to the HD25 but I don't want to play it too loud and upset the guys in the next unit ;) I may try to rig up a test tonight after they have finished for the day. The one thing I have noticed which is a little annoying for use on the streets... We hare having quite a few storms where I live at the moment and having a detachable cable socket in each ear - the ear without the cable can tend to pick up a lot of wind noise as wind blows across the socket. I have done a quick experriment and the socked does not seem to be sealed on the inside so could let in more noise than the cabled one - probably an easy mod/fix but worth looking into.
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for... 6 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 34 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a headphone for home listening 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear