so one review on hd6 and it pretty much said theyre crap and not for studio
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Meet & Greet! Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Black Friday Sounds Best At The Sennheiser Online Shop Last post on 11/27/16 at 4:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Future of Audio pops up in New York City Last post on 11/25/16 at 9:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SENNHEISER ASIA - END OF SEASON SALE Last post on 11/9/16 at 6:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 Last post on 9/30/16 at 2:45am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Sennheiser has launched an excellent closed back over ear headphone which has the premium sound of the legendary hd 5 series but instead of the traditional open back design this has a closed back...
I was never a really big fan of on-ear or supra-aural headphones in the past. They always seemed to be uncomfortable or not offer a proper seal granting the full sound or decent noise isolation....
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 22
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
14% (35)HD6 DJ
11% (29)HD7 DJ
59% (143)HD8 DJ
14% (35)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I Have finally got some HD8s and have had a good play with them. They do feel nicer with the metal components - they just feel a bit more solid then the HD7. I have hooked them up to our ghetto fabulous HATS setup. It is not super accurate and there is a little background noise here in our industrial unit but it is good enough to compare A with B - all the tests were done one after another with the same setup to give a fare comparison.
Here is a waterfall done with the HD25 as a comparison / benchmark as a lot of people have already tried them
Here is the HD7
And Here is the HD8
As you can see - at sensible volumes both the HD7 and HD8 rise quite allot at sub bass end and dip down a bit at the high end. Even though the drivers are the same spec the HD8 does seem flatter than the HD7 and listening to them both I do prefer the sound of the HD8. I will be pulling apart both headphones and checking out the internals over the next week or so and will see if they are much different inside
Good, the measurements starts looking promissing for HD8 for me so far, also good to know the pads should fit me, the width was somewhat worrying but I estimate my ears to be roughly ~4cm wide so should fit.
My ears are 75 mm long, so i will have no chance of comfortably wearing. I had hoped they are as big as the 500er or 600er Series (75 mm and perfect). I have a HD 518 and i like the sound. But the cushion is to hard after 30 min.
I don't have any HD25 ALU to hand at the moment but should have some more in a week. They do definitely have more bass than the HD25ALU but I will have to have another side by side listen to check the quality of the bass as more is not always better. The HD8 do produce more sub bass so they drop down lower than the HD25 ALU but I suspect the aluminiums have slightly more detailed / textured bass. I will have to have a good listen to both when they come in and check.
Define crap? Either some frequencies get through or they don't, isolation can be easily and objectively measured... I will do that when I get them this/next week.
I Have just had a quick check playing some white noise through our speakers and the isolation seems similar to the HD25 but I don't want to play it too loud and upset the guys in the next unit ;) I may try to rig up a test tonight after they have finished for the day. The one thing I have noticed which is a little annoying for use on the streets... We hare having quite a few storms where I live at the moment and having a detachable cable socket in each ear - the ear without the cable can tend to pick up a lot of wind noise as wind blows across the socket. I have done a quick experriment and the socked does not seem to be sealed on the inside so could let in more noise than the cabled one - probably an easy mod/fix but worth looking into.
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 29 seconds ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › LCD-3 mint 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Searching my first full tube amp, need advice (max 700€/$) 8 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by Sam20
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear