Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday Sounds Best At The Sennheiser Online Shop Last post on 11/27/16 at 4:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Future of Audio pops up in New York City Last post on 11/25/16 at 9:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SENNHEISER ASIA - END OF SEASON SALE Last post on 11/9/16 at 6:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 Last post on 9/30/16 at 2:45am in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser at AES Convention - Design Enhancement for HD 280 PRO Last post on 9/29/16 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 15
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
13% (33)HD6 DJ
12% (29)HD7 DJ
59% (142)HD8 DJ
14% (35)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think that's a bit harshly put. xD The problem is that they are "DJ" marketed headphone line and the more "audiophile"-like crowd hasn't paid attention to it even if this is probably a more HD600-oriented or something like that (I don't think quite that flat though due to the closed design but who knows) offering that is geared toward Studio use (which audiophiles like, flat, analytical, as detailed as possible etc).
Personally I just happen to prefer around 8~10dB of bass boost, which is the reason I didn't look much into it.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/8/14 at 3:15pm
I looked back at some impressions and there were some conflicts between the senn rep saying that the 7 had more bass and someone here saying the 8 had more bass. but i will just go with the 8.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/8/14 at 5:44pm
Yeah, it's the cheapest, and like most everyone on Head-Fi, I'd normally be more curious about the more expensive models. Here, though, the HD 6 Mix is promoted as different from the other two: studio headphones, not DJ headphones. My first good cans were from Senn, and most of my mics are from them too, so I'm pretty curious about the HD 6 Mix.
I wanted these for portable use and the sound fits what I want, cable being too long makes them expendable. As I said if I knew the plug was proprietary I may have gone a different direction. It was worth being an early adopter as I haven't done that before.
do you prefer the pro900 over it?
I guess you can't return it. If i dont like mine I will return it. I hate losing so much money on here in trades.
it should come as a package deal with the beats studio lol
I do prefer the Pro900. I could return I guess and maybe that's what I'll try.
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 5 minutes ago
- › Could the Fiio AM5 drive the AKG q701? 5 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear