Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday Sounds Best At The Sennheiser Online Shop Last post on 11/27/16 at 4:53pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Future of Audio pops up in New York City Last post on 11/25/16 at 9:27pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- SENNHEISER ASIA - END OF SEASON SALE Last post on 11/9/16 at 6:15pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 Last post on 9/30/16 at 2:45am in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser at AES Convention - Design Enhancement for HD 280 PRO Last post on 9/29/16 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc. - Page 15
Poll Results: Which one is to your fancy ?
14% (35)HD6 DJ
11% (29)HD7 DJ
59% (143)HD8 DJ
14% (35)None of them
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think that's a bit harshly put. xD The problem is that they are "DJ" marketed headphone line and the more "audiophile"-like crowd hasn't paid attention to it even if this is probably a more HD600-oriented or something like that (I don't think quite that flat though due to the closed design but who knows) offering that is geared toward Studio use (which audiophiles like, flat, analytical, as detailed as possible etc).
Personally I just happen to prefer around 8~10dB of bass boost, which is the reason I didn't look much into it.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/8/14 at 3:15pm
I looked back at some impressions and there were some conflicts between the senn rep saying that the 7 had more bass and someone here saying the 8 had more bass. but i will just go with the 8.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/8/14 at 5:44pm
Yeah, it's the cheapest, and like most everyone on Head-Fi, I'd normally be more curious about the more expensive models. Here, though, the HD 6 Mix is promoted as different from the other two: studio headphones, not DJ headphones. My first good cans were from Senn, and most of my mics are from them too, so I'm pretty curious about the HD 6 Mix.
I wanted these for portable use and the sound fits what I want, cable being too long makes them expendable. As I said if I knew the plug was proprietary I may have gone a different direction. It was worth being an early adopter as I haven't done that before.
do you prefer the pro900 over it?
I guess you can't return it. If i dont like mine I will return it. I hate losing so much money on here in trades.
it should come as a package deal with the beats studio lol
I do prefer the Pro900. I could return I guess and maybe that's what I'll try.
- Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
- › Audeze LCD-3 STEAMPUNK Edition (1 of 1) 49 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 49 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: Schiit Gungnir Multibit (aka Gumby) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Basshead CIEM - No Budget 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from audiotechnika ath m50x 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear