Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014) - Page 5

post #61 of 223

Where is the gain-switch placed?


Edited by powderlounge - 4/18/14 at 6:10am
post #62 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderlounge View Post

Where is the gain-switch placed?

It's on the back of the unit, just above the Bluetooth antenna. Not ideal, but I figure with my HD800 and HE-4 I won't be needing the low gain.

post #63 of 223

Thanks, I'm just confused. The Pictures of HIFI-Wigwam shows an "VU meters or a Spectrum analyzer" - Input instead.

post #64 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderlounge View Post

Thanks, I'm just confused. The Pictures of HIFI-Wigwam shows an "VU meters or a Spectrum analyzer" - Input instead.

The display on the front has I/O selection as well as an optional VU meter or Spectrum display for when music is playing. I am assuming The Bluetooth will be controlled by an app most likely (but who knows until release). The Gain is a flat head screw on the back. Hope this clarifies things a bit.
post #65 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderlounge 
 

Where is the gain-switch placed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy
It's on the back of the unit, just above the Bluetooth antenna. Not ideal, but I figure with my HD800 and HE-4 I won't be needing the low gain.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderlounge 
 

Thanks, I'm just confused. The Pictures of HIFI-Wigwam shows an "VU meters or a Spectrum analyzer" - Input instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy
The display on the front has I/O selection as well as an optional VU meter or Spectrum display for when music is playing. I am assuming The Bluetooth will be controlled by an app most likely (but who knows until release). The Gain is a flat head screw on the back. Hope this clarifies things a bit.


The gain switch was moved from the beta hardware implementation and into software implementation for better user control.
So the pics from HiFi Wigwam are of the final hardware version.
 


Edited by Smarty-pants - 4/18/14 at 7:20am
post #66 of 223

That I was hoping for! Cool!

post #67 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post


The gain switch was moved from the beta hardware implementation and into software implementation for better user control.

So the pics from HiFi Wigwam are of the final hardware version.

 

That's awesome, I didn't notice that in the pictures, so nice looking out!

So this website confirms a moble app to control the unit... pretty nifty!

http://www.avmagazine.it/news/diffusori/oppo-ha-1-dac-ampli-cuffie-a-giugno_9216.html
post #68 of 223

Ok, now I just have to know the output impedance. Works it well with sensitive IEMs / Multi-BA's?

post #69 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


That's awesome, I didn't notice that in the pictures, so nice looking out!

So this website confirms a moble app to control the unit... pretty nifty!

http://www.avmagazine.it/news/diffusori/oppo-ha-1-dac-ampli-cuffie-a-giugno_9216.html

 

 

The article states that the HA-1 will be have an European release in June.  I hope this does not mean that it will also be released in June here in the United States. 

post #70 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderlounge View Post

Ok, now I just have to know the output impedance. Works it well with sensitive IEMs / Multi-BA's?
With a low gain mode, it's likely to work. Oppo designs their products for general purpose audiophiles (is that a thing?!) so my guess is they will want their product working with as many headphones as possible. Unfortunately, we won't know the tech details until the US announcement from the email response I received.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


The article states that the HA-1 will be have an European release in June.  I hope this does not mean that it will also be released in June here in the United States. 

I corresponded with an Oppo rep (through email) a couple weeks back asking for more info and preformance specs. They said they would be making the official announcement shortly, and still planned to release the HA-1 in April. We'll see if their time schedule remains in place as we near the end of The month.
post #71 of 223
post #72 of 223
Waiting for more news
popcorn.gif


Anythig? Google searched yesterday and nothing. .

Entering news vacuum. . ph34r.gif

Edit:
Does anyone know if this volume has a stepped attenuation?
In other words, does is make click sounds?
I see it is motorized. .
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/26/14 at 8:54am
post #73 of 223
Thread Starter 

No sonic impressions of the HA-1 yet?

 

Would love to read a comparison between it and the NAIM V1 :)

post #74 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Waiting for more news
popcorn.gif


Anythig? Google searched yesterday and nothing. .

Entering news vacuum. . ph34r.gif

Edit:
Does anyone know if this volume has a stepped attenuation?
In other words, does is make click sounds?
I see it is motorized. .

It's a volume pot that is motorized to be able use with the provided remote. So no stepped attenuation.
post #75 of 223
popcorn.gif
rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)