Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014) - Page 9

post #121 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post
 

20% Discount for Head-Fi'ers, Right???  :L3000::p

 

I like you, and because I like you, I will offer you this special deal: free local pickup.

post #122 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post
 

 

Want to put up a poll?

 

I personally like the look of the silver more, but black is available now, and, more importantly, it'll fit in with most of my other gear which is black.

 

//TB

 

I personally like most of my gear to be black, but there are some things which just look absolutely smashing in white/silver. I bought a white Xbox One and Vita, and have a silver HA-1 on my desk at work.

post #123 of 223

Might jump in.

 

Waiting for more reviews first.

post #124 of 223

Well, I just got my tracking number. Hopefully, it'll arrive tomorrow, though the delivery estimate wasn't available yet as the package was just picked up.

 

Fingers crossed.

 

//TB

post #125 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
 

Might jump in.

 

Waiting for more reviews first.

+1

 

 

And I'm also waiting for the silver version.

post #126 of 223

It lists specs for the output power which are different in balanced/SE mode... if you're using the dac input as opposed to xlr/rca input, do the output power ratings match the ones listed for xlr->balanced and rca->SE power if you're using that output?

 

If so I might be tempted at some point as I like the idea of a one-box solution and the power would be comparable to my V200 (if i reterminate things to balanced, but that's doable...)

post #127 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post

Well, I just got my tracking number. Hopefully, it'll arrive tomorrow, though the delivery estimate wasn't available yet as the package was just picked up.

Fingers crossed.

//TB
So how long did it take you to pull the trigger once you got the news? Lol

I expecting a barrage of orders coming in with everyone being quiet about this obviously excellent choice..
As they sell off their existing setups Lol
post #128 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


So how long did it take you to pull the trigger once you got the news? Lol

 

Pretty much immediately. I was in a meeting and had to stop mid-order when my boss said, "Looks like we lost Tomi"  :D

 

//TB

post #129 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post

20% Discount for Head-Fi'ers, Right???  :L3000::p

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasturTheYellow View Post

 

I like you, and because I like you, I will offer you this special deal: free local pickup.

 

LOL.  What a Deal!!!  :D   So my local iBasso dealer (or iBasso in Mountain View) would normally charge us extra for the priviledge of buying the HA-1 locally in a store?  :blink:   Smoke crack much?  :p  Just being ornery, sorry.

 

But honestly.  No love for the Head-Fi community that gives you free hype and "advertising" through threads such as this one?  How about 5%.  Would that kill profit margins?  Special introductory pricing for a week or two would probably sell quite a few more units than normal.  I know for the products and services that I sell, there is that natural $1000 line that is difficult for some people to cross.

 

 

I guess OPPO has a strong reputation here for good reason (and knows it) so they don't feel a need or desire to give a little love.  However, I know that you guys were very generous to the beta testers of the PM-1 and probably the HA-1 as well, so props for that.  Definitely appreciated, and a very nice good will gesture that also looks good in the public's eyes. :smile:  

 

 

Looking forward to reading reviews from the members here soon!


Edited by bbfoto - 5/7/14 at 6:58pm
post #130 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errymoose View Post
 

It lists specs for the output power which are different in balanced/SE mode... if you're using the dac input as opposed to xlr/rca input, do the output power ratings match the ones listed for xlr->balanced and rca->SE power if you're using that output?

 

Yes, the voltage is determined by the output, not the input that is being used for the HA-1.

post #131 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post
 

 

LOL.  What a Deal!!!  :D   So my local iBasso dealer (or iBasso in Mountain View) would normally charge us extra for the priviledge of buying the HA-1 locally in a store?  :blink:   Smoke crack much?  :p  Just being ornery, sorry.

 

But honestly.  No love for the Head-Fi community that gives you free hype and "advertising" through threads such as this one?  How about 5%.  Would that kill profit margins?  Special introductory pricing for a week or two would probably sell quite a few more units than normal.  I know for the products and services that I sell, there is that natural $1000 line that is difficult for some people to cross.

 

 

I guess OPPO has a strong reputation here for good reason (and knows it) so they don't feel a need or desire to give a little love.  However, I know that you guys were very generous to the beta testers of the PM-1 and probably the HA-1 as well, so props for that.  Definitely appreciated, and a very nice good will gesture that also looks good in the public's eyes. :smile:  

 

 

The big problem with offering discounts is that we are the manufacturer, the distributor and a reseller. We have to tow a line that sets a base value for our line of products, where the amenities is what encourages sales with a specific retailer/custom installer, rather than the base price of the product.

 

With that said, the ability to do things like bundles or group discounts will be discussed, but I will not guarantee that any kind of price reduction will offered to the Head-Fi or other communities.

 

Quote:
 Looking forward to reading reviews from the members here soon!

 

Then you will definitely want to subscribe to the new OPPO HA-1 Impressions Thread.

post #132 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post
 

 

Want to put up a poll?

 

I personally like the look of the silver more, but black is available now, and, more importantly, it'll fit in with most of my other gear which is black.

 

//TB

From my perspective black is more in line if you intend to use this on your stack of AV gear, however if you are computer audiophile than you probably like the silver model better.   I'm both.  :D

post #133 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm007 View Post
 

Is this the same as DXD?

thanks

Yes, DXD is 24/352.8 kHz PCM.

post #134 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiAudio View Post

From my perspective black is more in line if you intend to use this on your stack of AV gear, however if you are computer audiophile than you probably like the silver model better.   I'm both.  biggrin.gif

I agree. The black fits well in a stack, but the silver would be nicer if I were to put it next to my listening chair, for example. I'll need to listen to the black unit before I'm "both" smily_headphones1.gif

//TB
post #135 of 223

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docBliny View Post


I agree. The black fits well in a stack, but the silver would be nicer if I were to put it next to my listening chair, for example. I'll need to listen to the black unit before I'm "both" smily_headphones1.gif

//TB

 

We need some golden ears to do a real A/B comparison. I think the black sounds darker, and the silver has just a hint of a metallic shimmer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)