Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)

post #1 of 222
Thread Starter 

Called the Headphone Amplifier HA-1, this attractive little unit makes use of the same 9018 ESS Sabre DAC as their BDP-105 player, and features a fully balanced, class-A headphone amplifier. Both XLR and standard full-size headphone outputs are provided on the front while your choice of XLR or RCA analog inputs are provided around back. Digital inputs include one AES/EBU, one coax, one optical, and one USB. The circuitry is said to be fully balanced, and is housed inside an aluminum chassis.

 

 

 

Source

post #2 of 222

it's a serious machine.  

Reply
post #3 of 222

Nice

http://www.oppodigital.com/future/HA-1_Headphone_Amplifier.aspx

 

Wish it will up to the level of Yulong DA8 and Hilo,  and priced around $1000.

It appears to combine the best from DA8 (latest 9018 chip) and Hilo (large touch screen, nice GUI)


Edited by yfei - 1/11/14 at 11:24pm
post #4 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfei View Post
 

Nice

http://www.oppodigital.com/future/HA-1_Headphone_Amplifier.aspx

 

Wish it will up to the level of Yulong DA8 and Hilo,  and priced around $1000.

It appears to combine the best from DA8 (latest 9018 chip) and Hilo (large touch screen, nice GUI)

 

I haven't tried the Yulong so I can't comment.  All I can say is the HA-1 will be a HIT.

Reply
post #5 of 222
Thread Starter 

Yeah this will fly off shelves if it sounds good and costs less than their BDP-105 player.

post #6 of 222
Thread Starter 

Though I think I have read many people here who have upgraded away from Oppo in terms of DAC performance, yes?

post #7 of 222

Great just after i sold my W4S DAC1 for a Yulong DA8, this shows up. Argh!

Oh well, the DA8 sounds awesome.

 

I think the oppo would be great for a Pure 2 Channel Speaker Setup as a DAC/Preamp though, as it includes a remote where the DA8 does not. Cant wait for some reviews.

post #8 of 222

I would love a device that would replace my AP2>Metrum Octave>Corda Classic chain. 

post #9 of 222

That looks crazy Swiss knife cool. Wondering how is the quality of the DAC and Amp.

From what I've read, OPPO players DAC section is behind NAD-M51, but have never heard of their amps. Need to wait for reviews, I guess.

post #10 of 222

I'm really interested in the HA-1 if it combines a top level DAC and a superb amp. The DA8 is a tremendous DAC, but the amplifier sounds mid-level to me. The HA-1 is marketed as an amplifier. so I'm hoping for some Class A discrete goodness. At $1200, with preamp capability, Apple mobile device licensed, and bluetooth--this is a very sexy machine. If either the amp or the DAC fall short, I'll be disappointed.

post #11 of 222

Man, Im sad I missed seeing that at CES. That thing LOOKS amazing, but we'll see how it plays out...

post #12 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post

Man, Im sad I missed seeing that at CES. That thing LOOKS amazing, but we'll see how it plays out...

Yeah, too bad... I was hopin there would be some impressions by this point... More waiting
post #13 of 222

Impressions?

 

There's not even a product yet!!

post #14 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatheelmusic View Post

Impressions?

There's not even a product yet!!

Oppo featured the amp at CES and showed up at a handful of meets last year. So unless Oppo specifically requested that no one posted impressions, it seems odd that no one has anything to say about the unit. (Just sayin, but I thought that is the definition of an impression... )
post #15 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


Oppo featured the amp at CES and showed up at a handful of meets last year. So unless Oppo specifically requested that no one posted impressions, it seems odd that no one has anything to say about the unit. (Just sayin, but I thought that is the definition of an impression... )


Exactly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)