or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery - Page 34

post #496 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

How are you achieving that extremely shallow DoF?

 

Thanks Mike...nice thread!

I used a 90mm equivalent lens (45mm micro 4/3) and a wide aperture setting (F2.8).

A fast "portrait" lens helps...

post #497 of 1233
Thread Starter 

OK, thanks!   A fairly large sensor + a longer than normal lens + a wide aperture all contribute to shallow DoF.  A perfect storm for selective focus!  :D

post #498 of 1233

2 shots from me, 1 with my "proper" camera and 1 with my phone:

 

 

 

post #499 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

2 shots from me, 1 with my "proper" camera and 1 with my phone:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I like the wood on the Thinksound HP. Very rich looking.

post #500 of 1233

post #501 of 1233
Thread Starter 
post #502 of 1233
post #503 of 1233
Thread Starter 

I like getting a "that's awesome" from the likes of you!  

 

Thanks!  :D 

post #504 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

I like getting a "that's awesome" from the likes of you!  



 



Thanks!  " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" /> 


 



But it is really nice, headfi porn
post #505 of 1233
Thread Starter 

I always feel like I'm ripping off the "real" artist when I photograph something like a sculpture, stained glass, architecture, or an interior design.

 

I will concede that I did a good job shooting the OPPO HA-2, but seriously - somebody out there did an amazing job of industrial design and that knob is the crown.

post #506 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

I always feel like I'm ripping off the "real" artist when I photograph something like a sculpture, stained glass, architecture, or an interior design.

I think photographing these two is valid. 

A good architect would be curious to see how other people see and experience the spaces they created, as we all experience those spaces differently. 

This can only be a good thing as it broadens the architects minds to how the spaces they created are experienced, explored and appreciated. 

The act of photography in itself can be a spectacular way of exploring these spaces. 

 

Just some food for thought. 

post #507 of 1233
Thread Starter 
^ Excellent points, thanks!
post #508 of 1233

I was going to discard these originally because they didn't meet my intended purpose for them, but as I cropped them I found them kind of intriguing with the curve of the cable - let me know what you think (I won't take offense if you don't find them as interesting as I do)

 

 

post #509 of 1233
Thread Starter 

Hi Loquah,

 

This was a diamond in the rough!  :D   You really have a good eye, and I suspect this is what you saw in your mind's eye when you took the picture.  I hope I'm not being too presumptive, but really - getting the capture is half the battle, and you did a fine job of that.

 

fb7edf32_Loquah_IEM_tweaked.jpeg 


Edited by zilch0md - 11/22/14 at 5:25am
post #510 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

Hi Loquah,

 

This was a diamond in the rough!  :D   You really have a good eye, and I suspect this is what you saw in your mind's eye when you took the picture.  I hope I'm not being too presumptive, but really - getting the capture is half the battle, and you did a fine job of that.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
fb7edf32_Loquah_IEM_tweaked.jpeg 

 

 

This one went from 'kinda cool' to 'awesome'! Nice work you two!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery