Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions - Page 2

post #16 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Thanks, I will adjust my post. There still has been no confirmation from Vsonic on this matter though. So all opinions on this subject are only based on speculation, however likely they may seem. 

EDIT: To summarize the differences so far:

- different packaging
- only half of the originally included eartips/ no Sony Hybrid tips included
- Possibly no bio-cellulose drivers

Vsonic mentioned it themselves, they cut all ties with Japan who have the bio-cellulose licensing and it's out of the spec sheet for the Classic. Its not speculation, Vsonic already said all they needed to and won't likely say more on the matter, it's misinformation to say things haven't changed because they have.
Edited by Inks - 1/13/14 at 10:47am
post #17 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post


Vsonic mentioned it themselves, they cut all ties with Japan who have the bio-cellulose licensing and it's out of the spec sheet for the Classic. Its not speculation, Vsonic already said all they needed to and won't likely say more on the matter, it's misinformation to say things haven't changed because they have.

 

Thanks! Edited the OP and will include a copy of the spec sheet if I find it. I personally haven't seen Vsonic mention this anywhere, so if you could link me some evidence of this I could include it. I've had a lot of people messaging me and asking which drivers are currently used, so there is a need for correct information. So far you have been the only one that seems certain about this. ;)


Edited by Negakinu - 1/13/14 at 11:04am
post #18 of 182
The post by Vsonic was done a while ago on their website I believe, but I think they took it down, it was being talked about on this site a bit back. Unless they get interviewed about it, doubt Vsonic will mention it again.
post #19 of 182

Yeah, Vsonic's CEO said it. He also said he won't be disclosing any of the materials used for the diaphragms of the new models but they've apparently been working hard and experimenting with a lot of materials, so it won't be surprising if they found something that matches or like in the VSD9's case, far exceeds the quality of bio-cellulose (if you believe Vsonic's CEO claims for that top secret and super rare material they are using). 

post #20 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Yeah, Vsonic's CEO said it. He also said he won't be disclosing any of the materials used for the diaphragms of the new models but they've apparently been working hard and experimenting with a lot of materials, so it won't be surprising if they found something that matches or like in the VSD9's case, far exceeds the quality of bio-cellulose (if you believe Vsonic's CEO claims for that top secret and super rare material they are using). 

 

Thanks! I guess we'll just have to judge the GR07 CCE on it's own merits then. :) 

post #21 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

 

Thanks! I guess we'll just have to judge the GR07 CCE on it's own merits then. :) 

No problem. Just because they are using different material that doesn't mean that the Classic doesn't match the gr07's performance. For a while I was actually thinking of getting a blue lassic to hear how it fares against the gr07 mk2 but with the VSD7's upcoming release and the fact that its price will be only around 50 bucks more than what the Classic sells for outside of China, I'll rather wait for it.

post #22 of 182
Im noticing changes (for the better) with continuous use. They have a great soundstage almost the same as the Senn IE80 I had. The harshness in treble is starting mellow out and becomming a bit smoother. Finding the mids a little recessed, but i think this would be normal switching between RE-400. Will be interesting to see how mk2 sound when I get them in the post.

Overall I would say that the re400 has a flatter more neutral sound than the gr07 although this could be due to the slightly more forward mids and smaller soundstage of the re400.
post #23 of 182
Keep at it😎 burn in works 😊
post #24 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

No problem. Just because they are using different material that doesn't mean that the Classic doesn't match the gr07's performance. For a while I was actually thinking of getting a blue lassic to hear how it fares against the gr07 mk2 but with the VSD7's upcoming release and the fact that its price will be only around 50 bucks more than what the Classic sells for outside of China, I'll rather wait for it.

Thought you already bought the blue classic since u were mentioning couple of months ago just before it's launch......as u fell in love with blue.wink.gif
post #25 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Thought you already bought the blue classic since u were mentioning couple of months ago just before it's launch......as u fell in love with blue.wink.gif

Yeah, I know I was coz I really love that blue color but I went for the Noble 4 instead and I'm not regretting it at all - it's quite the step up from gr07.

post #26 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

 I went for the Noble 4 instead and I'm not regretting it at all - it's quite the step up from gr07.

 

It better! The Noble4 is $450, the GR07 $119! :D 

post #27 of 182

My GR07 original is 3 and half years old now and the cables are starting to fray on both sides. If this new CCE is as good as the original, I may get one for when I don't want to use the JH13.


Edited by godlyatheist - 1/15/14 at 12:09pm
post #28 of 182
Well I recieved my GR07 MK2 (Black) yesterday and have bene listening to them and also done some brief comparison with MK2 Classic (Red).

Before I give impressions I have to state that the MK2 I recieved was not in a sealed box, and I have a feeling they have been used before (I am in contact with eBay seller deng8718 about this). Therefore I do not know how they sound fresh out of the box, on the flip side I guess some burn in has already taken place for me lol.

I can tell you one thing right off the bat, they sound completely different, the mids are much clearer and prominent on the MK2, which is something I felt lacking on the Classic when I compared them with RE-400 previously. The overall sig I would say is flat and warm.

In summary:

-GR07 Classic - V-Shaped sig, good bass, mids slightly recessed (veiled), harsh treble at times (but getting better with use)
-GR07 MK2 - Flat but warm, deep punchy bass, mids are neutral and clear, treble is well extended with little to no harshness (don't know about burn-in effect)
-RE-400 - Flat and very slightly warm, least bass but well defined/punchy, super mids, nice treble (burn-in has opened up the soundstage and better bass impact)

So from this I feel that the driver being used in the Classic is different, as to my ears it has a completely different signature compared to the MK2. The classic is not bad sounding at all, in fact I think it compares quite well with IE80, but with a different kind of treble, the treble on the IE80 was quite excellent but was always overpowered by the bass.

Can any MK2 owners please let me know if the sound I have described matches their experience, would be good to know.
post #29 of 182
Thx much "e30pilot" for the comparison.........Appreciate it. Just open a dispute as item not recieved as listed for safer side.
post #30 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

Thx much "e30pilot" for the comparison.........Appreciate it. Just open a dispute as item not recieved as listed for safer side.

 



Thanks for the advice, I think I will do this as the seller is not responding to my emails. It's a shame really.

What will eBay do about this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions