- 1,925 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE846 and AK120 together RSA Shadow Last post on 4/28/14 at 7:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? Last post on 8/21/15 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 7:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 8/14/15 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
What difference should I expect? AK120->RWAK120 + SE846 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A sincere "thank you" for providing the graphs for the SE 846. It's very revealing. Just a few questions:
It's shocking the frequency response drops so sharply after 10K! I thought these amazing IEM go out (in frequency) to 20khz or greater?
Whats the sense of a 20khz frequency response if your down from neutral (0db) 30 or more DB's at 16khz. Your not going to hear it anyway?
Speedracer1 (aka) Tom
I wouldn't worry about it too much if it sounds good. No one has come up with what a perfect IEM graph should look like (lots of debate) but rising below 100 and rolling treble seems to sound the most correct to most. Measurements vary as well so all need to be taken with a grain. The question is more about how much.
So, can anyone give info on the RWAK120 without the S or B mods vs stock?
- What difference should I expect? AK120->RWAK120 + SE846
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 30 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 41 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Please may I have some advice for DT990 600OHM Premium 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2