Hello folks, I'd need someone to help me out here.
Basically I've been using my K240S for a long time, now I'm looking for an upgrade to them.
Apparently I'm a very tough customer, I've owned a few other, more high-end headphones over the time, yet I always reverted back to the AKGs.
I can't really describe what I specifically like, maybe my impressions from other headphones can help
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ohm: Sent them back after a short while, they sounded dull, lifeless and boring to my ears.Clamped my head in a way that I couldn't listen with them on very long.
- Audio-Technica W1000X: Great sound, very warm, a little mushier than the K240. Also just as comfortable. Ultimately not worth the extra expense for me, since the K240 still sounded a little better.
- AKG K550: Major disappointment, sounded shrill, tinny and compressed. Absolutely not my type of headphones, I guess.
- AKG K701: Could only test them for a really short time, so my impressions may not be spot on. A little warmer than the K240, also a little more detail. Would be my first choice for an upgrade up to now but there's not that much difference in sound to justify spending the money.
- Westone 4: Fantastic in-ears, I regret having sold them up to now. Incredible detail and a sound signature that just sounded completely right to my ears. A headphone sounding like the W4 would actually be the thing I'm hoping for.
- Comfort: I can't use headphones that clamp too tightly, I'm extremely sensitive to headaches.
- Compatibility with sources: I mainly use a rockboxed Ipod Classic 5G into an O2 via a Fiio LOD.
- Price: ideally not more than €300 (I'm of course open to used headphones)
- ideally (but not necessarily) detachable cable.
Thanks in advance!