- 2,254 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: a Rocky Mountain
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI - Page 3
Poll Results: What do you think Blue will be serving up with their new Mo-Fi headphones - you can select more than oneThis is a multiple choice poll
30 Total Votespost #31 of 397/28/14 at 7:50pmThread StarterRofl
26% of voters (8)Bluetooth Wireless Connection
23% of voters (7)Variable impedance and efficiency selectable with switch
36% of voters (11)Pre-set EQ curves for varying qulaity of music files
20% of voters (6)Variable Bass control via switch
16% of voters (5)DSP settings for hall type effects
43% of voters (13)Switchable open or closed headphone type
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 398/20/14 at 3:27pmThread Starter
We have a release date! 8-26-2014
New email today has a link to another short teaser vid with our pal Jude. Cannot wait to see and hear them. Wonder if they remember my review request.post #33 of 398/26/14 at 1:06ampost #34 of 398/26/14 at 1:11ampost #35 of 398/26/14 at 1:41ampost #36 of 398/26/14 at 1:57ampost #37 of 398/28/14 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #38 of 399/3/14 at 5:10pm
Why are these so revolutionary? Amps have been put into headphones before, but they're marketing them like they haven't. I'm thinking Denon and PSB recently, and probably others.
I don't see why it would be a good thing either having all that electrical energy right near your ear... I'd rather have a great dedicated dac/amp be it desktop or portable.
Here's what producer BT is saying (who I respect a lot he has made some brilliant albums - and some less brilliant)
"So thank you @mofi for making the most epic pair of headphones on earth. Swear, what ever you're listening on, can't beat these."
Has he never heard of Audeze, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Stax, Beyer or Senn HD800s etc? Or does he seriously think they are superior? OR (most likely option) is he being paid for this PR..
Also - personal opinion obv but although these look like they would be comfy, aesthetically they look horrible.
Edited by designbykai - 9/3/14 at 5:11pmpost #39 of 399/3/14 at 6:46pm
i have a few of the above, not high end but nearly so. these Mo Fi's are good cans. Out of a portable they never seem strained and are very full and balanced. As for the looks, these aren't jecklin floats but admittedly they are different, anyway who cares about the looks? i don't have to look at them just listen to them.
maybe BTs just checking the mix with headphones. I would think monitors would be more appropriate for mixing.
- Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › (AUS) Audeze Sine headphones 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 5 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...