- 1,846 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: a Rocky Mountain
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI - Page 3
Poll Results: What do you think Blue will be serving up with their new Mo-Fi headphones - you can select more than oneThis is a multiple choice poll
30 Total Votespost #31 of 397/28/14 at 7:50pmThread StarterRofl
26% of voters (8)Bluetooth Wireless Connection
23% of voters (7)Variable impedance and efficiency selectable with switch
36% of voters (11)Pre-set EQ curves for varying qulaity of music files
20% of voters (6)Variable Bass control via switch
16% of voters (5)DSP settings for hall type effects
43% of voters (13)Switchable open or closed headphone type
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 398/20/14 at 3:27pmThread Starter
We have a release date! 8-26-2014
New email today has a link to another short teaser vid with our pal Jude. Cannot wait to see and hear them. Wonder if they remember my review request.post #33 of 398/26/14 at 1:06ampost #34 of 398/26/14 at 1:11ampost #35 of 398/26/14 at 1:41ampost #36 of 398/26/14 at 1:57ampost #37 of 398/28/14 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #38 of 399/3/14 at 5:10pm
Why are these so revolutionary? Amps have been put into headphones before, but they're marketing them like they haven't. I'm thinking Denon and PSB recently, and probably others.
I don't see why it would be a good thing either having all that electrical energy right near your ear... I'd rather have a great dedicated dac/amp be it desktop or portable.
Here's what producer BT is saying (who I respect a lot he has made some brilliant albums - and some less brilliant)
"So thank you @mofi for making the most epic pair of headphones on earth. Swear, what ever you're listening on, can't beat these."
Has he never heard of Audeze, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Stax, Beyer or Senn HD800s etc? Or does he seriously think they are superior? OR (most likely option) is he being paid for this PR..
Also - personal opinion obv but although these look like they would be comfy, aesthetically they look horrible.
Edited by designbykai - 9/3/14 at 5:11pmpost #39 of 399/3/14 at 6:46pm
i have a few of the above, not high end but nearly so. these Mo Fi's are good cans. Out of a portable they never seem strained and are very full and balanced. As for the looks, these aren't jecklin floats but admittedly they are different, anyway who cares about the looks? i don't have to look at them just listen to them.
maybe BTs just checking the mix with headphones. I would think monitors would be more appropriate for mixing.
- Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 19 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 27 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Does this headphone exist !? 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2