- 1,858 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: a Rocky Mountain
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
*A Sample of the HD7 was provided by PreSounus for my unbiased review* https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 Cloning. Not a sheep, but headphones. The PreSounus HD7 is a...
I bought these in Chicago O'Hare before I got into the Head-Fi hobby. I was looking more for a bluetooth headset solution but liked the way these sounded. After listening to Grados, Senns, and...
Preamble: I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey a year ago. I just have average ears that like to listens to slightly above average sounds and so don't consider myself an...
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI - Page 3
Poll Results: What do you think Blue will be serving up with their new Mo-Fi headphones - you can select more than oneThis is a multiple choice poll
30 Total Votespost #31 of 397/28/14 at 7:50pmThread StarterRofl
26% of voters (8)Bluetooth Wireless Connection
23% of voters (7)Variable impedance and efficiency selectable with switch
36% of voters (11)Pre-set EQ curves for varying qulaity of music files
20% of voters (6)Variable Bass control via switch
16% of voters (5)DSP settings for hall type effects
43% of voters (13)Switchable open or closed headphone type
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 398/20/14 at 3:27pmThread Starter
We have a release date! 8-26-2014
New email today has a link to another short teaser vid with our pal Jude. Cannot wait to see and hear them. Wonder if they remember my review request.post #33 of 398/26/14 at 1:06ampost #34 of 398/26/14 at 1:11ampost #35 of 398/26/14 at 1:41ampost #36 of 398/26/14 at 1:57ampost #37 of 398/28/14 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #38 of 399/3/14 at 5:10pm
Why are these so revolutionary? Amps have been put into headphones before, but they're marketing them like they haven't. I'm thinking Denon and PSB recently, and probably others.
I don't see why it would be a good thing either having all that electrical energy right near your ear... I'd rather have a great dedicated dac/amp be it desktop or portable.
Here's what producer BT is saying (who I respect a lot he has made some brilliant albums - and some less brilliant)
"So thank you @mofi for making the most epic pair of headphones on earth. Swear, what ever you're listening on, can't beat these."
Has he never heard of Audeze, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Stax, Beyer or Senn HD800s etc? Or does he seriously think they are superior? OR (most likely option) is he being paid for this PR..
Also - personal opinion obv but although these look like they would be comfy, aesthetically they look horrible.
Edited by designbykai - 9/3/14 at 5:11pmpost #39 of 399/3/14 at 6:46pm
i have a few of the above, not high end but nearly so. these Mo Fi's are good cans. Out of a portable they never seem strained and are very full and balanced. As for the looks, these aren't jecklin floats but admittedly they are different, anyway who cares about the looks? i don't have to look at them just listen to them.
maybe BTs just checking the mix with headphones. I would think monitors would be more appropriate for mixing.
- Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread just now
- › cables are placebo 24 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000 Lawton Modded 32 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 49 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for desktop speakers at $200 dollar price range 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)