- 2,234 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: a Rocky Mountain
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI - Page 3
Poll Results: What do you think Blue will be serving up with their new Mo-Fi headphones - you can select more than oneThis is a multiple choice poll
30 Total Votespost #31 of 397/28/14 at 7:50pmThread StarterRofl
26% of voters (8)Bluetooth Wireless Connection
23% of voters (7)Variable impedance and efficiency selectable with switch
36% of voters (11)Pre-set EQ curves for varying qulaity of music files
20% of voters (6)Variable Bass control via switch
16% of voters (5)DSP settings for hall type effects
43% of voters (13)Switchable open or closed headphone type
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 398/20/14 at 3:27pmThread Starter
We have a release date! 8-26-2014
New email today has a link to another short teaser vid with our pal Jude. Cannot wait to see and hear them. Wonder if they remember my review request.post #33 of 398/26/14 at 1:06ampost #34 of 398/26/14 at 1:11ampost #35 of 398/26/14 at 1:41ampost #36 of 398/26/14 at 1:57ampost #37 of 398/28/14 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #38 of 399/3/14 at 5:10pm
Why are these so revolutionary? Amps have been put into headphones before, but they're marketing them like they haven't. I'm thinking Denon and PSB recently, and probably others.
I don't see why it would be a good thing either having all that electrical energy right near your ear... I'd rather have a great dedicated dac/amp be it desktop or portable.
Here's what producer BT is saying (who I respect a lot he has made some brilliant albums - and some less brilliant)
"So thank you @mofi for making the most epic pair of headphones on earth. Swear, what ever you're listening on, can't beat these."
Has he never heard of Audeze, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Stax, Beyer or Senn HD800s etc? Or does he seriously think they are superior? OR (most likely option) is he being paid for this PR..
Also - personal opinion obv but although these look like they would be comfy, aesthetically they look horrible.
Edited by designbykai - 9/3/14 at 5:11pmpost #39 of 399/3/14 at 6:46pm
i have a few of the above, not high end but nearly so. these Mo Fi's are good cans. Out of a portable they never seem strained and are very full and balanced. As for the looks, these aren't jecklin floats but admittedly they are different, anyway who cares about the looks? i don't have to look at them just listen to them.
maybe BTs just checking the mix with headphones. I would think monitors would be more appropriate for mixing.
- Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 10 seconds ago
- › Fiio E10K 1 minute ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › MINT CONDITION - Westone W50 (FINAL Price Drop) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...