- 2,196 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: a Rocky Mountain
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI - Page 3
Poll Results: What do you think Blue will be serving up with their new Mo-Fi headphones - you can select more than oneThis is a multiple choice poll
30 Total Votespost #31 of 397/28/14 at 7:50pmThread StarterRofl
26% of voters (8)Bluetooth Wireless Connection
23% of voters (7)Variable impedance and efficiency selectable with switch
36% of voters (11)Pre-set EQ curves for varying qulaity of music files
20% of voters (6)Variable Bass control via switch
16% of voters (5)DSP settings for hall type effects
43% of voters (13)Switchable open or closed headphone type
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 398/20/14 at 3:27pmThread Starter
We have a release date! 8-26-2014
New email today has a link to another short teaser vid with our pal Jude. Cannot wait to see and hear them. Wonder if they remember my review request.post #33 of 398/26/14 at 1:06ampost #34 of 398/26/14 at 1:11ampost #35 of 398/26/14 at 1:41ampost #36 of 398/26/14 at 1:57ampost #37 of 398/28/14 at 9:23amThread Starterpost #38 of 399/3/14 at 5:10pm
Why are these so revolutionary? Amps have been put into headphones before, but they're marketing them like they haven't. I'm thinking Denon and PSB recently, and probably others.
I don't see why it would be a good thing either having all that electrical energy right near your ear... I'd rather have a great dedicated dac/amp be it desktop or portable.
Here's what producer BT is saying (who I respect a lot he has made some brilliant albums - and some less brilliant)
"So thank you @mofi for making the most epic pair of headphones on earth. Swear, what ever you're listening on, can't beat these."
Has he never heard of Audeze, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Stax, Beyer or Senn HD800s etc? Or does he seriously think they are superior? OR (most likely option) is he being paid for this PR..
Also - personal opinion obv but although these look like they would be comfy, aesthetically they look horrible.
Edited by designbykai - 9/3/14 at 5:11pmpost #39 of 399/3/14 at 6:46pm
i have a few of the above, not high end but nearly so. these Mo Fi's are good cans. Out of a portable they never seem strained and are very full and balanced. As for the looks, these aren't jecklin floats but admittedly they are different, anyway who cares about the looks? i don't have to look at them just listen to them.
maybe BTs just checking the mix with headphones. I would think monitors would be more appropriate for mixing.
- Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iFi Launch Competition - What the $^&# heck is it? 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New iRiver AK70 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 3 minutes ago
- › Using a dragonfly DAC 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...