Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion - Page 2

post #16 of 2053
Thread Starter 

The comments about sounding like good stats, has me drooling. The Stax are the most natural and lifelike hp setup that I've heard and be an appreciable margin. If these are even in the ballpark at this price, that will get very interesting in march. 

post #17 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

The comments about sounding like good stats, has me drooling. The Stax are the most natural and lifelike hp setup that I've heard and be an appreciable margin. If these are even in the ballpark at this price, that will get very interesting in march. 

 

I second that, I'm interested to the point that I'm putting off current interests to see what happens with the HE-560. Hifiman really has a knack for pressing the price to performance, even if they hit a top of the line orthodynamic sound with legitimately comfortable ergonomics I'm probably all in.

post #18 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomeplay View Post
 

 

I second that, I'm interested to the point that I'm putting off current interests to see what happens with the HE-560. Hifiman really has a knack for pressing the price to performance, even if they hit a top of the line orthodynamic sound with legitimately comfortable ergonomics I'm probably all in.

+1!! hustling that price performance ratio. i love it!!! :)

post #19 of 2053

 

 

A couple of shots taken from the other thread. Looks magnificent  The pads included here are probably the new ones Mr. Fang mentioned which incorporate Jerg's findings. They are also leather it would appear.

post #20 of 2053

Looks comfy! The redesign might be what makes me finally get a pair, just to see.

post #21 of 2053

real leather?!??! that would be BAD-ASS if they fit for the old HE400.

post #22 of 2053

I'm going to have to add either the he-400i or the he-560 to go alongside my X1 and Alpha Dogs. The looks of the new Hifiman headphones are awesome. The pads alone look real comfy.

post #23 of 2053
Thread Starter 

It's funny. At first everyone was calling the 400i ugly. Lately, everyone says how nice they look. Hmmm...

post #24 of 2053
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

It's funny. At first everyone was calling the 400i ugly. Lately, everyone says how nice they look. Hmmm...

 

People are resistant to change...  But they get used to it.  

post #25 of 2053

Still ugly.  Maybe if the leather headband strap was actually tensioned and not looked like it was just diy slapped on.

 

The new leather jorg pads look nice, and I'd gladly take them over any flat velours or pleathers.


Edited by TMRaven - 1/10/14 at 3:48pm
post #26 of 2053
Thread Starter 

And there were a few newer pics posted that do seem to look quite nice. Like I've said before, I don't really care how they look. 

post #27 of 2053

True dat - I am a little more on the side of "form follows function". Performance is performance and I've never really cared for looks as much as sound. So, bring on the sound hype. :wink_face:

post #28 of 2053

Oh, i think i'm gonna wait with the purchase of the HE-500. looking forward to some reviews.

post #29 of 2053

March can't come soon enough. :]

post #30 of 2053

You already started a thread Matt? Haha. Nice. I'll join you guys. I'm excited to hear some impressions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion