Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion - Page 729

post #10921 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwlf View Post

I almost started to question the equivocal logic to compare old but TOTL tech product to a quite drastically different, tech and tuned-wise low/mid-fi product. But I didn't!
Hey, that's my job wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsTwin View Post

I'm no expert, only an enthusiast who can give their subjective opinions and I can't speak to how they compare to stock pads as I removed the stock pads immediately upon receiving my 400i:

However, they are extremely comfortable, bass response is very pleasurable (very, very clean bass response), they may also be slightly more isolating without sacrificing any of the soundstage.



Thanks guys! I will give them a try.
post #10922 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidA View Post

When I think back now I did most of my gaming with speakers, here is my old system:
Gaming System 2

Awesome setup mate! PC master race ftw. I'm stuck playing BF1 at the moment.
post #10923 of 12158

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voxata View Post


Awesome setup mate! PC master race ftw. I'm stuck playing BF1 at the moment.

Thanks, can't see the sub under the table which was run with a Teac AH-01 as the DAC and amp:

best feature of the AH-01, remote control :D

 

Being a auto nut, played mostly Test Drive, Need for Speed and Forza but did spend time with Crysis, Metro 2033, Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, HAWX and MS Flight.

post #10924 of 12158
I love dirt rally, that title was insanely fun. That and COD Zombies smily_headphones1.gif as far as sound goes, the HE-560 is pumping out some serious ear candy for gaming. I loved the 400i as well but the larger soundstage with additional upper/lower frequency extension of the 560 has been nice.
Edited by Voxata - 1/11/17 at 8:55am
post #10925 of 12158

Thanks but sadly i missed the sale :(

post #10926 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightf0xx View Post
 

Thanks but sadly i missed the sale :(

They seem to still be on sale at Amazon (for me at least):

 

https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-HE-400I-Full-size-Magnetic-Headphones/dp/B00MULH672

post #10927 of 12158

I just got my HFM Velour pads in the mail today (non-angled), enjoying them so far, but couldn't resist putting an order in for the Brainwavz angled velour pads, hoping those might be just right for me. We'll see!

post #10928 of 12158
post #10929 of 12158
The HM5 hybrid pads are excellent for me, comfort is even better than with stock pads and the change in sound is minor. Might be slightly more subbass presence and ever so slightly more warmth but hard to tell.

I've tried both Alpha pads and HM5 angled velour before and went back to the stock pads from both but the hybrids will stay on for a while now.

I've loved the comfort on the HE400i all the time but now they're even more comfy......

Thanks to the people recommending them!
Edited by peter123 - 1/11/17 at 1:22pm
post #10930 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

I've tried both Alpha pads and HM5 angled velour before and went back to the stock pads from both but the hybrids will stay on for a while now.
 

What's the sound like with the Alphas?

post #10931 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

The HM5 hybrid pads are excellent for me, comfort is even better than with stock pads and the change in sound is minor. Might be slightly more subbass presence and ever so slightly more warmth but hard to tell.

I've tried both Alpha pads and HM5 angled velour before and went back to the stock pads from both but the hybrids will stay on for a while now.

I've loved the comfort on the HE400i all the time but now they're even more comfy......

Thanks to the people recommending them!


That was fast! Did you go with hybrid angled or non-angled?

post #10932 of 12158

I am new to headphones and I am really impressed with 400i for the price of 250-300.

 

I wanted to get like 560 but then I am not sure if the price justify the improvement or should I just get a grace m9xx.

 

So I ended up getting a kingsound electrostatic ks-h4 + m03 portable amp for the price of 690 euro from audiophonics.fr which is around the price of 560.

 

I am really curious where will the 400i / 560 planar stands against the kingsound electrostatic ks-h4.

post #10933 of 12158

Do any of you have a DarkVoice336se that you've used with the HE400i?
I'm curious to hear impressions on the combo.

post #10934 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls13coco View Post
 

Do any of you have a DarkVoice336se that you've used with the HE400i?
I'm curious to hear impressions on the combo.


not particularly good.  HE400i doesn't do its best with OTL designs.  Most planars aren't at their best with OTL designs.  

post #10935 of 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunwale View Post
 

I am new to headphones and I am really impressed with 400i for the price of 250-300.

 

I wanted to get like 560 but then I am not sure if the price justify the improvement or should I just get a grace m9xx.

 

So I ended up getting a kingsound electrostatic ks-h4 + m03 portable amp for the price of 690 euro from audiophonics.fr which is around the price of 560.

 

I am really curious where will the 400i / 560 planar stands against the kingsound electrostatic ks-h4.

 

I have the same question. If the 560 is the same thing but better, it might be worth the extra price for me. Hopefully, someone can help us out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion