or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

I highly doubt SE215 will suit your tastes. They can be more bassy than IM70.

Okay, what other IEM from Audio Technica or another brand do you have in mind?
post #467 of 1492

Hi guys, just a quick heads up. I'm selling my IM50s if anyone's interested.

post #468 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey99 View Post
 

for me, the Shure's SE215 are not in the class of the IM70. The shures sound muffled and boring for me and just doesn't not sound like a $100 iem. If mids are what you like .. the IM70 has full and powerful but yet really smooth forward mids. 

 

I agree. The IM70 trumps the SE215 in almost all areas. The SE215 is far from poor, but I very much prefer the sound of the IM70s. You sacrifice some bass quantity for an overall cleaner, more engaging sound.

 

It's amazing that the SE215 retails for around the same price as the IM70. In fact, here in Singapore, the SE215 sells for around $40 higher. This is great value from Audio-Technica.

post #469 of 1492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey99 View Post
 

...The Sony hybrids are more comfortable and they take away bass slightly but gives it a clearer vocals... 

 

 

+1

post #470 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiker535 View Post

Could someone please enlighten me with the difference between the IM50's and the 70's?

+1. Is there anyone who can tell the differences?
post #471 of 1492
Thread Starter 

I wouldn't call the IM50 a neutral or analytical IEM. It is somewhere between warm and mid-centric sounding.

 

Its bass and mids are featured more prominiently than its treble.

 

Also, treble on the IM50 is smooth rather than sparkling. 

post #472 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

+1. Is there anyone who can tell the differences?

 

From my brief time comparing the 2, I found that treble on the IM50 was a little less prominent. However, bass quantity was boosted by a fair bit. Both are equally warm, lush earphones that sounded terrific with the dance tracks I tested. More thorough auditioning should reveal more differences, but this is what was apparent to me in the ~20 minutes I spent listening to them. They are both great, really.

post #473 of 1492
I'm going to try the Sony Hybrid Ear Tips and see if I find and like the change.
post #474 of 1492

How do the im70s and havi b3 pro1 compare? I love my havis but those im70s are gorgeous :O

post #475 of 1492
Hey guys I'm selling my Audio Technicas ATH-IM50 for $55, PayPal only. It's only a little over a week old and was ordered from AcessoryJack.com, PM me if interested.
post #476 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSxJP View Post

Hey guys I'm selling my Audio Technicas ATH-IM50 for $55, PayPal only. It's only a little over a week old and was ordered from AcessoryJack.com, PM me if interested.


you do realize, for only $2 more, you can have one brand new

post #477 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSxJP View Post

Hey guys I'm selling my Audio Technicas ATH-IM50 for $55, PayPal only. It's only a little over a week old and was ordered from AcessoryJack.com, PM me if interested.

 

What other IEMs do you have DTSxJP at the moment? Did you do tips rolling? I'm asking this because IMO IM50 is very tip depented and wide bore tips like UE600 work best with them. I agree that stock and comply tips muddy the sound. Maybe you can try to remove the filter and see if it works for you. Don't be afraid of removing the filters. You can easily put them back if you don't like the sound. ;) 


Edited by ozkan - 10/24/14 at 1:14pm
post #478 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

What other IEMs do you have DTSxJP at the moment? Did you do tips rolling? I'm asking this because IMO IM50 is very tip depented and wide bore tips like UE600 work best with them. I agree that stock and comply tips muddy the sound. Maybe you can try to remove the filter and see if it works for you. Don't be afraid of removing the filters. You can easily put them back if you don't like the sound. wink.gif  

I'm coming from Sennheiser CX500.
Yes I tried tip rolling with the stock.
Haven't tried any other brand of ear tips though.
post #479 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedjflowx View Post


you do realize, for only $2 more, you can have one brand new

I just lowered my price.
post #480 of 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSxJP View Post

I'm coming from Sennheiser CX500.
Yes I tried tip rolling with the stock.
Haven't tried any other brand of ear tips though.

Now I can understand why you didn't like them. It is quite normal if you are coming from cx500. Different signatures.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread