Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 385
Was listening to the chezky test tracks with my IM50s via C3 and BH combo, SF and LF engage at low gain with the foamies and was able to hear below 30hz. Probably lower if I was in a quiet environment. (Was on a bus)

So yeah, the IM50s can give you those low rumble.
post #302 of 385

Can anybody compare the IM50 to the Yamaha EPH100 and Hifiman RE-400?

 

My impressions of the IM50 are that they are quite balanced, but leaning on the bassy side. The bass goes really deep, which is good. But sometimes there is too much, which is tiring to listen. The mids and highs are acceptable, nothing spectacular, but good in its price range. It sounds like the Ultimate Ears 400/500, but with more bass (not good for me) and deeper bass (good).

post #303 of 385
post #304 of 385
Well the Yamahas have less bass than the IM50, and it doesn't extend as deep, but there is still plenty of it. Also the bass quality itself is miles better on the EPH100. Mids are a bit better on the IM50, particularly upper mids which sound warm and smooth, whereas on the Yamahas the mids sound a bit recessed, fairly clear but not forward in any way. The Yamahas are also miles better in the trebles, they are sparkly and vivid with a slight metallic sheen to it, very nice but some people don't like them. The IM50 sound a little dull to me in the upper registers.
post #305 of 385
Sounds Like The EPH100 is a whole lot better than the IM50. Only one way to find out. On my way to buy it now. 😂
post #306 of 385
I do prefer the Yams, but they are nearly double the price of the IM50s, which are still a great value. Also vocals sound better on the IM50.
post #307 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

I do prefer the Yams, but they are nearly double the price of the IM50s, which are still a great value. Also vocals sound better on the IM50.

Seems like the shop doesn't offer a good discount, costs $110 all in. The IM50 costs $60.

Do all ~6mm microdrivers IEM offer a V-shape sound, like the JVC FXD80 and I assume the Yamaha too?
post #308 of 385

Well some guys say the IM50 needs to be amped, would you agree?

post #309 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by altrunox View Post

Well some guys say the IM50 needs to be amped, would you agree?
They don't need to be amped to sound good, but an amp does make them sound better than coming from a low powered device.
post #310 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


They don't need to be amped to sound good, but an amp does make them sound better than coming from a low powered device.


+1

post #311 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakari View Post

Sounds Like The EPH100 is a whole lot better than the IM50. Only one way to find out. On my way to buy it now. 😂

I have both, and I prefer IM50.
Using Geek Out 450, bass is much better controlled, and more balanced. Treble increased in clarity, so overall quite balanced and very enjoyable.

I usually don't use IM50 for classical, but with Geek Out, it makes IM50 enjoyable even for classical.
post #312 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfonia View Post

I have both, and I prefer IM50.
Using Geek Out 450, bass is much better controlled, and more balanced. Treble increased in clarity, so overall quite balanced and very enjoyable.

I usually don't use IM50 for classical, but with Geek Out, it makes IM50 enjoyable even for classical.
I don't get a lot of sub bass from my im50 as compared to the kc06a or GR07BE. It's more of a punchy bass and midcentric sound. Maybe it's a seal issue? Any recommendations for tips on these?
post #313 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


I don't get a lot of sub bass from my im50 as compared to the kc06a or GR07BE. It's more of a punchy bass and midcentric sound. Maybe it's a seal issue? Any recommendations for tips on these?

"Seal Issue" I'm pretty sure.
It got me at first, too.

Try to find the tip that fits best to your ear canal

The IM-50's body is a little big and not so well-designed to fit easily,

compared to Westone or Shure.

Take some time, try to find the right angle for you.

It's not hard, nor easy. It's a thing.

post #314 of 385

hi all, sorry if a lilbit out of topic but.. iam just want to ask something about the bass..

which one is, have more bass between "zero audio carbo basso" and this nice looking "ath im50?"

 

at the same price range with im50, is there's any other option for basshead people like me ??

 

thankyou in advance :)

post #315 of 385
Can you even tell any difference that the new "dual symphonic phase driver" arrangement brings to the sound?or do they just sound like a single driver?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread