Hey guys, I'm extremely new to all this stuff. I just joined head-fi.org today, although I have browsed its forums a lot. I think this is the most reliable place to ask for advice. Things I'm looking for in a headphone:
- Low price (hopefully under $100 USD, I guess $150 is really my max)
- Noise cancellation would be useful, but not mandatory
- Forward mids/clear highs (I will mainly be listening to music with a lot of mids/highs)
- I would not like an emphasis on the bass, but I would like a deep rolling bass if possible
- Comfort (I would like to listen to music for 45+ minutes at a time)
- Portability/not a lot of leakage (I will be carrying these around and listening in libraries)
If my post is confusing, please tell me how to improve. It is my first time posting here.
Also, the following information may be helpful:
- I will never listen to any heavy metal
- I listen to classical sometimes
- I usually listen to pop/rock
- I listen to Kpop, Jpop, and anime songs quite often
- I usually use mp3s (not from YouTube, mp3s converted from music ripped from CDs)
- I usually use a laptop or iPhone/iPod
- I do not own an amp
- I have been using Apple earbuds (the ones that come with the iPhone 5), so something better would definitely be preferred
Also, one thing I am confused about:
I was going to ask for neutral headphones, but I read somewhere that hi-fi sound better than neutral... but wouldn't neutral actually sound like what the song is supposed to sound like?
Thanks so much guys! I hope that I can find an answer here!
Edited by johnharthwick - 1/7/14 at 5:39pm