or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 61

post #901 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

Oh, I'm sorry, I was under the impression that no one has heard or measured the cans that don't exist yet.  Dr. Fang would totally use inferior tech to make his new headphones.  He surely is sacrificing sound for weight.  how stupid of me.

 

I just have a problem with people identifying the single driver tech as inferior.  its different.  just like a 4 cylinder vs 6 car.  If the designer knows how to work with the medium, thats what matters.  just because other single sided magnet cans exist with more distortion, doesn't mean that these will.  They might, but we don't know that yet.

 

In threads like this, assumptions are made from small bits of knowledge, and then become expectations, then exist as misinformation.  


 In all fairness, HE-560 will probably have more distortion than the HE-500. But that is only one aspect of percieved sound quality. There are many other, more important sound qualities. It certainly will sound different; but worse? I don't think so. Why would Fang shoot himself in the foot?

 

Also, unlike the HD600 vs. HD650 relation, allmost all Hifiman HE series products improved over their previous versions. I expect the same to happen <crosses fingers>...

post #902 of 3090

@davidsh 

ignore the slicing but try the cotton balls.  if you like the effects make a housing for them out of pantyhose

http://www.head-fi.org/t/699946/the-cosmo-pad-video-for-hifiman-velour-or-pleather-modification

post #903 of 3090

Tyll's review of the abyss states that the peaking of even order harmonics compared to the lcd-3 make it a more musical presentation

post #904 of 3090
Peter,
Will you guys be sticking with the SMC connector or is there a possibility to get mini xlr's on the new headphones?

I personally don't mind either way but am sure others are eager to know.
post #905 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos View Post
 

@davidsh 

ignore the slicing but try the cotton balls.  if you like the effects make a housing for them out of pantyhose

http://www.head-fi.org/t/699946/the-cosmo-pad-video-for-hifiman-velour-or-pleather-modification


I tried this, definitely allows a "vent mod" without that much effort. Better imaging I believe is what I hear, but I can't comment on much else. I believe it would benefit the pleathers a LOT more...but I cut the part that covers the mounting ring pretty short so I have no room for adding cotton :(

 

Edit: After ~10min of this "mod" it definitely improves on the imaging / 3d sound. I'm not too sure if it affects FR though...


Edited by Nimzerz - 1/21/14 at 11:18am
post #906 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by PXSS View Post

Peter,
Will you guys be sticking with the SMC connector or is there a possibility to get mini xlr's on the new headphones?

I personally don't mind either way but am sure others are eager to know.

 

IMO a move to mini xlr would be huge positive move. 

post #907 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

IMO a move to mini xlr would be huge positive move. 

Yeah, I am sure Peter would have commented on it if they were making such changes :/

post #908 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Yeah, I am sure Peter would have commented on it if they were making such changes :/

 

You're probably right, but a guy can dream. 

post #909 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

You're probably right, but a guy can dream. 

Sure :] I'd be all for it.

 

I wish I could buy the cans right here & right now! I'd pay full price :D


Edited by conquerator2 - 1/21/14 at 12:19pm
post #910 of 3090

Ditto on the MiniXLR.. hated the HFM connectors when I had my HE500.. plus I already have a Q cable with MiniXLR & my HFM cables are now gone.. no personal bias here.. just sayin' :bigsmile_face:

Waiting patiently for the HE400i/560.. until then, just enjoying the music.

post #911 of 3090
My lack of patience is driving me crazy...Wait 2 more months in the hopes the HE560 will be a match for my music...but knowing the HE500 is already a match, and am ready to jump aboard the 500 ship right now. The For Sale forum is taunting me. Atleast 2 more months of the 400 tizz. HD650 can you help me? Yes I can, but I don't have the planar touch you seek. March, come tomorrow!
Edited by Zuckfun - 1/21/14 at 3:48pm
post #912 of 3090

"Dress me slowly, I am in a hurry."

post #913 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuckfun View Post

My lack of patience is driving me crazy...Wait 2 more months in the hopes the HE560 will be a match for my music...but knowing the HE500 is already a match, and am ready to jump aboard the 500 ship right now. The For Sale forum is taunting me. Atleast 2 more months of the 400 tizz. HD650 can you help me? Yes I can, but I don't have the planar touch you seek. March, come tomorrow!


I got temporary ADD from reading this..

post #914 of 3090

Nothing wrong with the 500. Nothing wrong with waiting for impressions either but the 500 is a proven winner. I'm fully satisfied with my system though so the HE-560 will really have to impress for me to be curious. If it matches the HE-6, then I will definitely buy at some point. I'd say that's not likely to happen based on the information presented in this thread.

post #915 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llloyd View Post
 

Nothing wrong with the 500. Nothing wrong with waiting for impressions either but the 500 is a proven winner. I'm fully satisfied with my system though so the HE-560 will really have to impress for me to be curious. If it matches the HE-6, then I will definitely buy at some point. I'd say that's not likely to happen based on the information presented in this thread.


+1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch