or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 50

post #736 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

It'd be sick if the HE-6 successor goes with the current headphone naming trend (replacing the number with "X"), so it'd be called HEX. Hifiman HEX has a good ring to it.

Yes, yes it does.

Though the name is probably the least important thing :]

post #737 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

It'd be sick if the HE-6 successor goes with the current headphone naming trend (replacing the number with "X"), so it'd be called HEX. Hifiman HEX has a good ring to it.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Yes, yes it does.

Though the name is probably the least important thing :]

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vp4JZBIS6I

 

:D

post #738 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vp4JZBIS6I

 

:D

+1

post #739 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

It'd be sick if the HE-6 successor goes with the current headphone naming trend (replacing the number with "X"), so it'd be called HEX. Hifiman HEX has a good ring to it.

Oooh... that does sound GOOD...the HEX I like it! 

post #740 of 3090
Hifiman HE-8. Just for the lulz
post #741 of 3090

hifiman fanboy joining the train here :popcorn: 

post #742 of 3090

HE-0.6, because it will be MUCH harder to drive than the HE-6 (to please the sadomasochists around here :ph34r:).

post #743 of 3090

Don't recall seeing this photo herein, so just in case...

 

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/images/igallery/resized/2001-2100/IMG_8794-2051-800-534-90-wm-right_bottom-100-ssnwatermark2png.jpg

 

Headband looks better when the cans are on a head.  I know the good doctor said that isn't the final version, but I'm intrigued by the suspension design, esp. if it can be used with the HE-500s.  Definitely like the teakwood cups.

 

orig. post is here.

post #744 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

HE-0.6, because it will be MUCH harder to drive than the HE-6 (to please the sadomasochists around here :ph34r:).

 

I'm game. :veryevil:

post #745 of 3090
Count me in to tame the beast too.
post #746 of 3090

Hopefully this is the quiet before the storm...

post #747 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

Hopefully this is the quiet before the storm...

The hype better be worth it! xD
post #748 of 3090

this style of headband like the one used by stax is still by far the most comfortable for me......definitely looking forward to them

post #749 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

The hype better be worth it! xD

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM

 

:D

post #750 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitori View Post
 

this style of headband like the one used by stax is still by far the most comfortable for me......definitely looking forward to them

If HFM can nail earpad ergonomics too then no doubt these new cans will be miles ahead in terms of comfort compared to older models. It's all about ergonomic fitting and smart distribution of pressures.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch