or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 35

post #511 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Actually Didio just did this with their new 901, Gelocks was going to send his pair out but actually Dido provided one for us! 

 

Wait, Perfect-Sound provided the 901s?  That's a big step in the right direction for them then ;)  Should get plenty of impressions, they never really caught traction, I did enjoy the Dido a lot, still do actually.  The funny thing about the Dido is that they weight more than both the HE-400i and HE-560 coming in at 395g :p  Just to put weight into perspective.  They're beautiful to look at though :p

post #512 of 3090

There's going to be a meet in Charlotte, NC in early April....perfect timing, plus a fantastic place for a lot of people to demo the new models....just sayin' HiFiMan!  :D

post #513 of 3090

And there will be a meet in Ohio in February. I'll speak for all Ohioans and say we'd all gladly give them a test!

post #514 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post
 

There's going to be a meet in Charlotte, NC in early April....perfect timing, plus a fantastic place for a lot of people to demo the new models....just sayin' HiFiMan!  :D

 

Did we settle on an EXACT time yet :O 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

Wait, Perfect-Sound provided the 901s?  That's a big step in the right direction for them then ;)  Should get plenty of impressions, they never really caught traction, I did enjoy the Dido a lot, still do actually.  The funny thing about the Dido is that they weight more than both the HE-400i and HE-560 coming in at 395g :p  Just to put weight into perspective.  They're beautiful to look at though :p

Yep they sure did :D

post #515 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Did we settle on an EXACT time yet :O 

Last I heard April 5th is what it's leaning towards. Though, I can't say that's officially set in stone yet.

post #516 of 3090

I'm pretty interested in the HE-560, but if it's not noticeably lighter than an HE-400, noticeably more comfortable, and the treble is significantly more tamed and tightened, then count me out.

post #517 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

I'm pretty interested in the HE-560, but if it's not noticeably lighter than an HE-400, noticeably more comfortable, and the treble is significantly more tamed and tightened, then count me out.

 

I think the suspension headband will do the comfort and "noticeably lighter" as well.  Not sure why, but when I use something that uses a suspension headband, they feel much lighter than they actually are compared to other lighter headphones.  For example, the Dido feels lighter on my head (and more comfortable) in contrast to the UE 9000 which measures lighter.  The UE 9000 is only 25g lighter though... 

post #518 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

I think the suspension headband will do the comfort and "noticeably lighter" as well.  Not sure why, but when I use something that uses a suspension headband, they feel much lighter than they actually are compared to other lighter headphones.  For example, the Dido feels lighter on my head (and more comfortable) in contrast to the UE 9000 which measures lighter.  The UE 9000 is only 25g lighter though... 

Agree. I think I'll be happy with the weight and comfort. It's really only a question of that treble for me. Ooo, I forgot build quality too.

post #519 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

I should too :P

Well...it's mainly for my website, ahaha. Not just for beig a member.
post #520 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

I'm pretty interested in the HE-560, but if it's not noticeably lighter than an HE-400, noticeably more comfortable, and the treble is significantly more tamed and tightened, then count me out.

The HE-400 treble is flawed and the HE-560 has a weight that is closer to the HE-4 than the HE-400. You're in.

post #521 of 3090

I'll have the HE400i and HE560 in-house towards the end of the month or early February.

 

Anxious to compare to what I currently own (T50RP Paradox, Alpha Dogs, SE846, IE800, HE6 and HD800... and Roxanne if they come on time). Amps I have are McIntosh MC225 and Vali, along with the NAD M51 and Resonessence Concero dacs. I'll also try them with the HDVA600 and EF-5 at work.

post #522 of 3090

So... does HiFiMan still not sell a closed planar? And no plans to do so? Sigh......

post #523 of 3090

I'm amazed how some people feel entitled to review the new cans.  sorry.. my opinion..  but id have removed you from a demo for that.

post #524 of 3090
I was going to comment on some of the air of entitlement going on in here as well, just...maybe not as harsh. tongue.gif
post #525 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post

I was going to comment on some of the air of entitlement going on in here as well, just...maybe not as harsh. tongue.gif

was I harsh?  lol.. I thought I was pretty tame and polite.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch