or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 24

post #346 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

Does anone else think they look identical to the SR-009?

Not exactly, the colors are totally different. The headband though, that looks like Stax all the way
post #347 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

Does anone else think they look identical to the SR-009?

 

No, but Abyss AB-1266, yes!

post #348 of 3090

Heck, there's even a little TakeT H2-ness:

 

post #349 of 3090

Also STAX SR-Omega

 

post #350 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Why? Fang would probably release a new Jade under the Hifiman name.

I hope so, I just thought that may actually have been the Jade 2, so I got excited smily_headphones1.gif But now I'm thinking that thing was just a crappy picture of the 560.

I'm more than happy to wait for a Jade 2 though, just hopefully sooner rather than later
Edited by mangler - 1/10/14 at 8:21pm
post #351 of 3090

No, that's definitely the new electrostat. There's at least one other picture of it.

post #352 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post


I hope so, I just thought that may actually have been the Jade 2, so I got excited smily_headphones1.gif But now I'm thinking that thing was just a crappy picture of the 560.

I'm more than happy to wait for a Jade 2 though, just hopefully sooner rather than later

 

Definitely not a picture of the 560...  Different wood and different headband styling and color.  Even the housing looked different.  If it was a 560, it was some sort of demo model and not something that would be close to resembling the production 560 (I use this verbage because the current 560 may not be final).

post #353 of 3090

Oh good grief, do I really have to be the one to post it?  :veryevil:

 

It would appear that is what they are.  Now back to our regularly scheduled hype...:)


Edited by JWahl - 1/10/14 at 8:39pm
post #354 of 3090
I hope the 400i doesn't get overshadowed by the 560 the same way the HE-4 was quickly overshadowed by the HE-500, despite it being different, and still worth the money. It was the first Hifiman with a single-sided magnet, though I bet not many people knew that until people started getting hyped about single-sided magnets. Hell, before the Abyss and these, Head-fiers were saying that the HE-4 wasn't a TRUE planar magnetic, because it didn't have a magnet on both sides. Basically being half of what it could be...

In Head-fi, the hype train rolls in quickly, and makes worthwhile headphones quickly disappear off everyone's radar. I hope we have some people who value VALUE and not just go straight for the high end every time.

Of course, if I had the disposable income, I'd be first in line for a 400i.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/10/14 at 8:41pm
post #355 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post


I hope so, I just thought that may actually have been the Jade 2, so I got excited smily_headphones1.gif But now I'm thinking that thing was just a crappy picture of the 560.

I'm more than happy to wait for a Jade 2 though, just hopefully sooner rather than later

...It IS the Jade 2. Seriously. Believe it. It's only a prototype at the moment but it was already announced (on their Chinese forum) a couple of months ago that they've been secretly working on their electrostatic tech, and this is it.

post #356 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
 

Oh good grief, do I really have to be the one to post it?  :veryevil:

 

It would appear that is what they are.


All aboard!!!
 

 




Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 1/10/14 at 8:43pm
post #357 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

...It IS the Jade 2. Seriously. Believe it. It's only a prototype at the moment but it was already announced (on their Chinese forum) a couple of months ago that they've been secretly working on their electrostatic tech, and this is it.

Excellent news!!! Now I'll just take a few deep breaths, sit back, and wait smily_headphones1.gif
post #358 of 3090

Does the 560 gets better than the entry level Stax? Hehe..

post #359 of 3090
OH MY. YES! THE JADE 2. MY EXCITEMENT LEVEL IS NOW OVER 9000!


Edited by Austin Morrow - 1/10/14 at 9:15pm
post #360 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

OH MY. YES! THE JADE 2. MY EXCITEMENT LEVEL IS NOW OVER 9000!

Austin, you get excited too easily.  :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch