or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 20

post #286 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

This looks like the perfect opening for Preproman to come in and tear everyone a new one. Haha

thinking that myself :D 

 

He'll be reading. ;)

post #287 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

+1 

 

This is very exciting! 

 

But kind of renders the HE500 obsolete :( if it is the same price as the HE500.. (not sure what the current price for the 500 is at the mo?)


Probably renders everything obsolete including the Tyrell Corp Model Pris

post #288 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

Any news about the HE-600?

I don't think there be any in the foreseeable future.

The 560 is kinda supposed to mend the HE-500/HE-6 into one flagship headphone.

At least that's what it seems to me, so I guess it'd be like HE-300 - HE-400i - HE-500 - HE-560 [flagship]

 

If a 900$ matches the 1300$ HE-6, the better for us, no?


Edited by conquerator2 - 1/10/14 at 2:31pm
post #289 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I don't think there be any in the foreseeable future.

The 560 is kinda supposed to mend the HE-500/HE-6 into one flagship headphone.

At least that's what it seems to me, so I guess it'd be like HE-300 - HE-400i - HE-500 - HE-560 [flagship]

 

If a 900$ matches the 1300$ HE-6, the better for us, no?

See where u are going, but no... This is a single sided technology, and for that reason alone it'd probably be quite different from HE-6, possibly not as clean and even in sound and measurements. Even the Abyss seems to suffer from an uneven treble, right?

post #290 of 3090

I'm surprised that there isn't more talk of the 400i. That's where most of the sales will be. Not many of us can turn loose of $1k. 

post #291 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

See where u are going, but no... This is a single sided technology, and for that reason alone it'd probably be quite different from HE-6, possibly not as clean and even in sound and measurements. Even the Abyss seems to suffer from an uneven treble, right?

But that's what the only impression guy said...

post #292 of 3090
So is the wise move to sit tight and wait a couple months to buy new phones? For me now it's HE500 vs. LCD-2 vs. HE560. There's a revision 2 rosewood on the for sale forums for $725.
post #293 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperone View Post
 


Probably renders everything obsolete including the Tyrell Corp Model Pris

hahaha

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I'm surprised that there isn't more talk of the 400i. That's where most of the sales will be. Not many of us can turn loose of $1k. 

True, maybe when we get some impressions then the hype ha. But also because an 'i' generally means improved doesn't always mean an improvement. How many prefer the original RS1?  

post #294 of 3090

how do you talk about a "lesser" model if you don't know what it sounds like at all ya know.  Before a product release like this most people will talk about the higher end model simply because obviously it sounds better.

once they go on sale the value brought by the he-400i will surely create a mass forum of satisfied owners who didn't have to spend much to get great sound

post #295 of 3090
http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/hifiman-he-560-first-impressions-review?sf21499226=1
post #296 of 3090

 

Wasn't this posted already?  

post #297 of 3090

It was.

post #298 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Wasn't this posted already?  

Maybe. The hype is moving too fast to follow ,)

Pretty uninformative, just saying it sounds fantastic and that you don't need and amp, which is hardly the case with 90 db.. I remember HE500 being presented as a headphone suited for unamped listening too...
post #299 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post
 

Maybe. The hype is moving too fast to follow ,)

Pretty uninformative, just saying it sounds fantastic and that you don't need and amp, which is hardly the case with 90 db.. I remember HE500 being presented as a headphone suited for unamped listening too...

Don't push it. It is still pretty insensitive.

post #300 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
 

Darn It!!!  I was really set on just getting the Oppo PM-1 at some point down the road but now I will have to hear a HE-560 before I can pull the trigger.  Not that I can afford to do either one anytime soon, but it is on my wish list for late this year or early next year as I have not owned or yet even heard a planar magnetic headphone.  Hoping to at least give one an audition in the next month or so.

 

I have to say, I find the physical design to be striking.  Not that intrigued by the look of the HE-500 though I do respect the performance described by posters and reviewers, but I kind of like the new headband, frame, and wood grain cups and if the pads feel good this all comes together as a very serious contender.  I have been determined for a few years now to have two really good headphones and then a few mid level ones to round out my "collection" (a very modest one at that).  I recently pulled the trigger on an HD-700 to claim one of those seats, and hoping to land a really nice planar magnetic design to claim the other one.  I really have to give props to HiFiMan, despite whatever growing pains, I think the HE-400, HE-500 and HE-6 are substantial industry achievements, and now it looks like they have been working hard to raise the bar which I have tremendous respect for.  Can't wait to hear even more feedback and reviews on this new model.

hahah true that!! I def get all turned on when companies release more performance than the competition with a great price point. can't wait a few years from now when the price of these new babies drop down into my budget hahah.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

Let the hype flow begin :popcorn: 

CHOO CHOO!!! #ridethathypetrainallnightlonggggg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch