- 5,548 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 12/9/14 at 8:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 4/30/15 at 1:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-400 VS HE400i VS Fidelio X2 (Need Input) Last post on 7/18/15 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400i vs HE-500?? Last post on 7/25/15 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is very exciting!
But kind of renders the HE500 obsolete :( if it is the same price as the HE500.. (not sure what the current price for the 500 is at the mo?)
Headphone performance isn't a linear scale, there are different flavours, and I'm willing to bet HE500 is different-sounding enough not to be directly made obsolete by the new cans, if their sound signatures are compared to HE6 and electrostatic headphones.
Hope so bud :)
Not really, HE-500 is 700$ [but probably could be had for around $650] while the HE-560 will be $900.
200 bucks could be a significant difference for some.
$200 is nothing when the hype train is rolling full speed. Oh, who am I kidding I just as excited as many others here. Just processed two sales to pad my pp account for a March purchase.
HM-901 - > EF-6 Using my usual test tunes. Same set up as I have at home.
No, there are not that different. They both have this fun U-shaped signature with recessed mids. I was amazed at how similar they sounded for casual listening, actually.
The TH-600 is a bit more refined up top, the HE-4 slightly warmer but they have a similar fun approach to sound.
The Fostex has a tonality that reminds me of Focal speakers, while the HE-4 would be more in the Q701 territory, but even the AKG and Focal house sound are not that different (bright/airy).
The TH-600 are closed-back non-sealing headphones. They don't block outside sound like the Mad Dogs / Alpha Dogs (or any closed back sealed headphone for that matters) do.
They sound very open for closed-back, IMO.
Where is prep btw? And EdWood...can you upload a video for us? We are at your mercy as the only headfi inside man at CES.
- Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 35 seconds ago
- › PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM 59 seconds ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 Review 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 12 minutes ago
- › Aumeo - experience music tailored to your ears! 13 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3