- 5,439 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 12/9/14 at 8:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 4/9/15 at 10:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-400 VS HE400i VS Fidelio X2 (Need Input) Last post on 3/28/15 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400i vs HE-500?? Last post on 4/22/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is very exciting!
But kind of renders the HE500 obsolete :( if it is the same price as the HE500.. (not sure what the current price for the 500 is at the mo?)
Headphone performance isn't a linear scale, there are different flavours, and I'm willing to bet HE500 is different-sounding enough not to be directly made obsolete by the new cans, if their sound signatures are compared to HE6 and electrostatic headphones.
Hope so bud :)
Not really, HE-500 is 700$ [but probably could be had for around $650] while the HE-560 will be $900.
200 bucks could be a significant difference for some.
$200 is nothing when the hype train is rolling full speed. Oh, who am I kidding I just as excited as many others here. Just processed two sales to pad my pp account for a March purchase.
HM-901 - > EF-6 Using my usual test tunes. Same set up as I have at home.
No, there are not that different. They both have this fun U-shaped signature with recessed mids. I was amazed at how similar they sounded for casual listening, actually.
The TH-600 is a bit more refined up top, the HE-4 slightly warmer but they have a similar fun approach to sound.
The Fostex has a tonality that reminds me of Focal speakers, while the HE-4 would be more in the Q701 territory, but even the AKG and Focal house sound are not that different (bright/airy).
The TH-600 are closed-back non-sealing headphones. They don't block outside sound like the Mad Dogs / Alpha Dogs (or any closed back sealed headphone for that matters) do.
They sound very open for closed-back, IMO.
Where is prep btw? And EdWood...can you upload a video for us? We are at your mercy as the only headfi inside man at CES.
- Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 3 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 39 seconds ago
- › Beats studio wireless and powerbeats2 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 - 1 month old 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion is coming - New DAP in Town 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for good headphones in my price range 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audioquest USB, Toslink, Wireworld Coaxial, Kimber Speaker Cables 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha MT220 Headphones For sale as new 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2