or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 103

post #1531 of 3090

The only HiFiman product that I own is the RE-400 and I love them.

 

I am assuming that I am going to really dig the higher end cans

post #1532 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

The only HiFiman product that I own is the RE-400 and I love them.

 

I am assuming that I am going to really dig the higher end cans


If you want to try the hifiman sound you should give the HE-400 a try. They are a steal at their current price!

Thats what I keep telling my friends who don't want to spent as much for cans as I do :biggrin: One of them bought a pair and he is going crazy. Like an audiophiles beginner drug.

 

Looking forward to the HE-560, though...

I'm still impressed by the HE-500 but can't wait to upgrade. It's a curse....

post #1533 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratheriian View Post

 

Looking forward to the HE-560, though...

I'm still impressed by the HE-500 but can't wait to upgrade. It's a curse....

 

:D

 

 

Flove that song.  I should listen on my HE-500s.

post #1534 of 3090

If the pads and the headband are interchangeable, hmmm, He-6 with He-560 pads and headband, ohh the possibilities...

post #1535 of 3090

I got a chance to briefly listen to he-500 yesterday. It really impressed me, and I can't wait to try the next gen hifimans!

Lighter, more comfortable, better sounding (?),, sounds good to me


Edited by PanamaHat - 2/8/14 at 9:47am
post #1536 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

If it still is compatible with Stax amps. If it isn't I might not buy it (of course if it is just the plug then there are solutions to that)
Was the original jade hard to drive?

+1

If it's not STAX compatible, I will have a lot more trouble saving up to buy a stat and amp, assuming each is isn't cheap. However, if both are STAX compatible, and the amp is good and powerful enough to drive the 007, I might be willing to sell off a few things smily_headphones1.gif but who knows, maybe there isn't even an amp and the plan is to use an energizer (assuming it's not STAX compatible). All speculation smily_headphones1.gif I do wish we had some more info though, at least as far as how these are supposed to be driven.

I don't know if it means anything, since I have no clue what the amp was, but I believe in Tyll's coverage of CES he said the new e-stat sounded under-driven, which makes think it will be difficult to drive. I hope I'm wrong, and this nothing but more speculation smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2014-highlight-new-products-hifiman
Edited by mangler - 2/8/14 at 10:00am
post #1537 of 3090

I have only got a T1. As I'll be owning both a Sigma NB and the Jade.. I am to really up my amping, and get something that has normal bias output too :(

post #1538 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post

+1

If it's not STAX compatible, I will have a lot more trouble saving up to buy a stat and amp, assuming each is isn't cheap. However, if both are STAX compatible, and the amp is good and powerful enough to drive the 007, I might be willing to sell off a few things smily_headphones1.gif but who knows, maybe there isn't even an amp and the plan is to use an energizer (assuming it's not STAX compatible). All speculation smily_headphones1.gif I do wish we had some more info though, at least as far as how these are supposed to be driven.

I don't know if it means anything, since I have no clue what the amp was, but I believe in Tyll's coverage of CES he said the new e-stat sounded under-driven, which makes think it will be difficult to drive. I hope I'm wrong, and this nothing but more speculation smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2014-highlight-new-products-hifiman

Still just an early prototype though. I am sure the efficiency will improve with development wink.gif
Do hope for a Hifiman stat amp.
post #1539 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Still just an early prototype though. I am sure the efficiency will improve with development wink.gif
Do hope for a Hifiman stat amp.

I think you're right smily_headphones1.gif I just really hope for STAX compatibility. I think they'll have a lot more sales of each if they're compatible.
post #1540 of 3090

You guys just beat me to it. i was just about to post this show report from innerfidelity.

 

Well...Here is another one for ppl who is interested in HE-400i. Yeah...i know they made a mistake by quoting the wrong model. The one they wrote about is HE-400i, NOT HE-560. Not their fault though. It was put under the wrong sign when they saw it.

 

http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/hifiman-he-560-first-impressions-review

 

"Despite some moaning online about the band design, the HE 560 (HE-400i) is just plain sexy."

 

"They aren't exactly the most affordable headphones out there, but they're the fancy sports car—the item that catches eyes... or ears, as it were. Though we can't speak to the exact performance points—we haven't given them a spin on HATS, our testing robot—initial signs are promising."

Reply
post #1541 of 3090

oh, for what it worth, they also gave us a reward during CES.

 

Reply
post #1542 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN View Post

oh, for what it worth, they also gave us a reward during CES.



Congratulations! All of the products are quite exciting!
Edited by mangler - 2/8/14 at 11:21am
post #1543 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN View Post
 

oh, for what it worth, they also gave us a reward during CES.

 

which of the two has more bass impact between the he400i or he560.

 

Steve from cnet said the 560 has more bass but someone here said the 560 bass is less in quantity than the he500 but tighter like the he6. Are you allowed to comment on this. Or atleast what the different tunings were marketed for?

post #1544 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN View Post
 

You guys just beat me to it. i was just about to post this show report from innerfidelity.

 

Well...Here is another one for ppl who is interested in HE-400i. Yeah...i know they made a mistake by quoting the wrong model. The one they wrote about is HE-400i, NOT HE-560. Not their fault though. It was put under the wrong sign when they saw it.

 

http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/hifiman-he-560-first-impressions-review

 

"Despite some moaning online about the band design, the HE 560 (HE-400i) is just plain sexy."

 

"They aren't exactly the most affordable headphones out there, but they're the fancy sports car—the item that catches eyes... or ears, as it were. Though we can't speak to the exact performance points—we haven't given them a spin on HATS, our testing robot—initial signs are promising."

I think this was mentioned a while back already :]

We are sure these headphones will be awesome.

I am personally leaning towards the 560, but the 400i seems very interesting too.

A comparison between the two will ultimately sway me either way.

 

Damn, I wish they were releasing tomorrow :/ MY EARS [and wallet] ARE READY!

post #1545 of 3090

Thanks for the good words. 

 

We are temporarily out of stock on HE-400s in the U.S. Some of our dealers may still have some however. 

 

HiFiMAN plans to do one more production run of HE-400 and HE-500 that should arrive later in February. At the promo prices, they certainly are good values. 

 

Peter

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch