or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 97

post #1441 of 3090

wrong thread

post #1442 of 3090

Sorry if this has been posted before.I searched the entire thread and couldn't find anything.



http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ces-2014-headphone-earphones-and-related-electronics-part-2/?page=2



 



"The HE-560 is lighter, more comfortable than, and much easier to drive than the present HE-6, and (based on a brief side-by-side comparison) sounds better than the HE-6, too."


Edited by relevorance - 2/5/14 at 2:23am
post #1443 of 3090

It was linked before but still bears repeating. Still waiting some serious reviews. 

post #1444 of 3090

Is there anything in the foreseeable future that can beat the 560s price:performance ratio? I guess theyre comparable to LCD2/3s which are at least $500 more? 

 

Currently got the HE400 for pretty cheap in the locals - and im already thinking of my next upgrade path - im thinking of staying around the $600 range

post #1445 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2klepto View Post
 

Is there anything in the foreseeable future that can beat the 560s price:performance ratio? I guess theyre comparable to LCD2/3s which are at least $500 more? 

 

Currently got the HE400 for pretty cheap in the locals - and im already thinking of my next upgrade path - im thinking of staying around the $600 range

HE560 will be $899. LCD2 bamboo is $995 new. That is not $500 more if my math works.

 

We still don't know how high they really climb in terms of performance. All impressions so far have been at noisy conventions and were restricted on time, and were through prototype units.

post #1446 of 3090

With the addition of the HE560, it seems like there will be real competition in the planar market at around $1k, especially if Oppo does price its new headphone in that range. 

 

However, it's interesting that Hifiman is still the only player in the $400-$500 planar market. I wonder why other companies aren't competing with the HE-4, HE-400, and the upcoming HE-400i. As I understand it the He-400 has been pretty successful for Hifiman.

post #1447 of 3090
Does anyone know when the oppo will be released? I'm seriously jonesing for the 560 but will have to wait till my wallet recovers from a balanced dac& setup. As a fan of Hfm and already having balanced cables for my 500 the oppo will have to be amazing to sway me, and come with balanced cables. Is the oppo going to use mini-xlr?
post #1448 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

HE560 will be $899. LCD2 bamboo is $995 new. That is not $500 more if my math works.

 

We still don't know how high they really climb in terms of performance. All impressions so far have been at noisy conventions and were restricted on time, and were through prototype units.

 

Oh really? I always thought that the price gap between HFM and Audeze were more than that - my mistake. I mustve somehow averaged out the prices for the 400i and 560 in my head :P thought the 560 would be ~$700

 

Shouldve double checked prices oops my bad

post #1449 of 3090

Just found out that the pads on these new headphones are based on the jergpads, and Jerg received a EF-6 from Mr. Fang in recognition for his hard work.

 

Very cool! Congratulations, jerg!

post #1450 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post
 

Just found out that the pads on these new headphones are based on the jergpads, and Jerg received a EF-6 from Mr. Fang in recognition for his hard work.

 

Very cool! Congratulations, jerg!

 

That's well deserved.

I hope Jerg will have a review sample of the new Hifimen, too.

If Hifiman could do a tour, here in the US, I sign right away.

 

 

Hifiman, if you're reading this message: I have platinum ears and I owned all Hifiman planar headphones. I am your best candidate for the review samples :ph34r:.

 

:biggrin: propaganda works sometimes!

post #1451 of 3090

Hifiman, if you're reading this message: I have aging ears that have no credibility what so ever. I just owned a HE-500, for about two months, that's it. But I am a psychopath who can and will waste hours bad mouthing all Hifiman products on the internets, unless of course I receive a review sample of the HE-560 :evil: (I guess I just hit a new low)

post #1452 of 3090

I'll actually buy the HE-560, right away if you let me and review it! Not asking for a review sample like many others out there:rolleyes:

post #1453 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

The balanced canare is the small cable with TRRS 3.5mm plug, right?

 

Same here, I love the stock 1/4" SE cable.

No, it's the small cable with the 4pin XLR on it. But that stock 1/4" is dead sexy! If the Canare was built that way I'd be a happy camper... but it's not... I mean it feels sturdy and thick but... I just remember how sexy my Toxic Hybrid was and I seem to miss it's awesome ness

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxc View Post
 


Hey, this is by far the most convincing argument I've ever heard on cables in a loong time.

Hurray! I hope

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamoto View Post
 

Just found out that the pads on these new headphones are based on the jergpads, and Jerg received a EF-6 from Mr. Fang in recognition for his hard work.

 

Very cool! Congratulations, jerg!

 

Wow, that is really awesome, good for Hifiman and good for Jerg, welp guys looks like Modding is worth something! To some one, plus we can now get mass Produced HifimanJerg Pads, 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

 

That's well deserved.

I hope Jerg will have a review sample of the new Hifimen, too.

If Hifiman could do a tour, here in the US, I sign right away.

 

 

Hifiman, if you're reading this message: I have platinum ears and I owned all Hifiman planar headphones. I am your best candidate for the review samples :ph34r:.

 

:biggrin: propaganda works sometimes!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxc View Post
 

Hifiman, if you're reading this message: I have aging ears that have no credibility what so ever. I just owned a HE-500, for about two months, that's it. But I am a psychopath who can and will waste hours bad mouthing all Hifiman products on the internets, unless of course I receive a review sample of the HE-560 :evil: (I guess I just hit a new low)

 

 

ZXC I'm glad I'm not alone <3 nothing like spilling out the filthy dirty truth, power to you brother! 

post #1454 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

No, it's the small cable with the 4pin XLR on it. But that stock 1/4" is dead sexy! If the Canare was built that way I'd be a happy camper... but it's not... I mean it feels sturdy and thick but... I just remember how sexy my Toxic Hybrid was and I seem to miss it's awesome ness

 

 

They seem to have changed the packaging since I bought mine (July 2011).

I got the nice SE cable plus a small portable TRRS cable, not a 4-pin XLR. I suppose Hifiman was confident enough a portable device could drive them... :D

post #1455 of 3090

My HE-5le came with a canare-ish cable terminated in xlr with a pig tail with neutrik 1/4" jack.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch