or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch - Page 69

post #1021 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Oh definitely not (actually in retrospect I probably should have asked for permission before posting anything at all...). I mean, I could talk about what they sounded like, but I'd probably get even more flack when the final version doesn't sound like what I heard, so I only wanted to share what I was sure about.

Wouldn't you mention it regardless then?
I imagine you'd be disappointed too if the final product sounds worse than what you remember the prototypes sounded like...
And since you did actually own the HE-500, yet you say these sounded unlike anything you've heard before... That's some vindication already.
post #1022 of 3090

oh just giving ya  hard time

post #1023 of 3090

So I had some time with the HE560s today... 

 

When I first tried them on I thought they were just impeccably tuned dynamic driver headphones like the HE300s. They were so very incredibly light. They sounded just as good if not better than the HE500s as well. I wish I had more time with them at home in a quiet environment so I could make better impressions. The bass was fantastic and well textured and it extended very deep. I enjoyed the midrange, female voices especially sounded good on them. And the highs sparkled. I didn't put the treble through the ringer to see if there was sibilance or any piercing frequencies. But they sounded fantastic, just as good as most if not all planar magnetics I've heard before, at a fraction of the weight. Just fantastic. 

post #1024 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


Wouldn't you mention it regardless then?
I imagine you'd be disappointed too if the final product sounds worse than what you remember the prototypes sounded like...
And since you did actually own the HE-500, yet you say these sounded unlike anything you've heard before... That's some vindication already.

 

What I meant (oops, I should have been more precise) by that was that the presentation was different, almost diffused in a way that I'm not used to. Though I didn't think they sounded all that close to the HE500 too, which is probably what's meant by the final tuning not being complete with the prototypes.

post #1025 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
 

So I had some time with the HE560s today... 

 

When I first tried them on I thought they were just impeccably tuned dynamic driver headphones like the HE300s. They were so very incredibly light. They sounded just as good if not better than the HE500s as well. I wish I had more time with them at home in a quiet environment so I could make better impressions. The bass was fantastic and well textured and it extended very deep. I enjoyed the midrange, female voices especially sounded good on them. And the highs sparkled. I didn't put the treble through the ringer to see if there was sibilance or any piercing frequencies. But they sounded fantastic, just as good as most if not all planar magnetics I've heard before, at a fraction of the weight. Just fantastic. 

 

Yes yes, but how would you mod them???

 

j/k.  Glad you got to hear them.  Thanks for posting.

post #1026 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

So I had some time with the HE560s today... 

When I first tried them on I thought they were just impeccably tuned dynamic driver headphones like the HE300s. They were so very incredibly light. They sounded just as good if not better than the HE500s as well. I wish I had more time with them at home in a quiet environment so I could make better impressions. The bass was fantastic and well textured and it extended very deep. I enjoyed the midrange, female voices especially sounded good on them. And the highs sparkled. I didn't put the treble through the ringer to see if there was sibilance or any piercing frequencies. But they sounded fantastic, just as good as most if not all planar magnetics I've heard before, at a fraction of the weight. Just fantastic. 
Thanks.
Did you find them as or more airy than the 500?
post #1027 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
 

 

What I meant (oops, I should have been more precise) by that was that the presentation was different, almost diffused in a way that I'm not used to. Though I didn't think they sounded all that close to the HE500 too, which is probably what's meant by the final tuning not being complete with the prototypes.

 

It is definitely different from the HE500 in presentation, but honestly I liked it a bit better. But that could be because I never became accustomed to it. They sounded different in a good way. The highs sometimes bothered me on the HE500s. But I really didn't do too much testing there when I demoed them. I'd love to give them another go in a more quiet environment.

post #1028 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


Thanks.
Did you find them as or more airy than the 500?

 

From memory, yes, they had a more airy presentation to them. But I didn't have a HE500 to test against. They certainly were more airy than HE400s. 

post #1029 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

The highs sometimes bothered me on the HE500s.

HD-500 with highs? News to me.
post #1030 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
 

 

From memory, yes, they had a more airy presentation to them. But I didn't have a HE500 to test against. They certainly were more airy than HE400s. 

How much more comfortable are the new suspension headband compared to the old HFM headband? Is it a night-and-day difference?

post #1031 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

How much more comfortable are the new suspension headband compared to the old HFM headband? Is it a night-and-day difference?

 

The suspension headband (which after trying it first on the Mr Speakers headphones) added with the weight, makes these one of the most comfortable headphones that have ever been on my head, I seriously would love to see more manufacturers use it because it does make a difference in a lot of headphones comfort. Night and day doesn't even cover it. I could see myself wearing them the entire day without issue with the velour pads on. 

post #1032 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
 

 

The suspension headband (which after trying it first on the Mr Speakers headphones) added with the weight, makes these one of the most comfortable headphones that have ever been on my head, I seriously would love to see more manufacturers use it because it does make a difference in a lot of headphones comfort. Night and day doesn't even cover it. I could see myself wearing them the entire day without issue with the velour pads on. 

At the recent meet I went to this past Sat. I had the GREQ-style suspension band on my HE-500 (I made mine a bit wider in the center ala Stax) and people were actually surprised how much 'lighter they felt' they were from their prior experiences.  It's all in the weight distribution...I can only imagine how nice the new cans feel.  It's certainly the best way to go for any headband design IMO, and I'm glad HiFiMan caught on!

post #1033 of 3090

I had opportunity to try 560 this evening also at AC Gears (Thanks for the event guys!!). I guess guys already know how comfortable it is so skipping that part.

I do not own HE-500 So I can't really get into detailed comparison between HE500 and HE560, but from my memory, I can say one thing that this one definitely has more bass.

To my ears it sounds like it doesn't sacrifice anything to get better. For example, IMO the new Audeze LCD-X lost LCD-2 and 3's syrupy lush sound a little bit to get more balanced clear sound which makes people like either LCD-X or LCD-3(I like both though:o).

He-560 still have ortho's lush, emotional sound with decent amount of detail. I got lush female vocal with strings behind pretty clearly.

 

I didn't listen to any music with strong treble(I am not really a treble lover anyway) so can't really describe it's treble.

 

Mid: it could be the differences caused by using different set-up there but HE-560's mid sounds more lively and up close compare to LCD-X.  I actually like HE-560's mid better than LCD-X's mid

Bass: pretty strong has tight impactful sound little less quantity compare to LCDs but tighter.

 

overall, to my ears it sounds like very lively detailed dynamic headphone sound + Ortho mid. Maybe it was the weight that made me feels like I was wearing dynamic headphone;;

 

I wish I had my own gear with HE-560 so I can get better comparison but M9 was too heavy for NYC subway :p

BTW when I said Dr. Fang that I am thinking about buying HE-6, he told me to wait for HE-560. Also I really like HM-802


Edited by senson - 1/23/14 at 9:11pm
post #1034 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by senson View Post
 

I had opportunity to try 560 this evening also at AC Gears (Thanks for the event guys!!). I guess guys already know how comfortable it is so skipping that part.

I do not own HE-500 So I can't really get into detailed comparison between HE500 and HE560, but from my memory, I can say one thing that this one definitely has more bass.

To my ears it sounds like it doesn't sacrifice anything to get better. For example, IMO the new Audeze LCD-X lost LCD-2 and 3's syrupy lush sound a little bit to get more balanced clear sound which makes people like either LCD-X or LCD-3(I like both though:o).

He-560 still have ortho's lush, emotional sound with decent amount of detail. I got lush female vocal with strings behind pretty clearly.

 

I didn't listen to any music with strong treble(I am not really a treble lover anyway) so can't really describe it's treble.

 

Mid: it could be the differences caused by using different set-up there but HE-560's mid sounds more lively and up close compare to LCD-X.  I actually like HE-560's mid better than LCD-X's mid

Bass: pretty strong has tight impactful sound little less quantity compare to LCDs but tighter.

 

overall, to my ears it sounds like very lively detailed dynamic headphone sound + Ortho mid. Maybe it is weight that made me feels like I was wearing ortho headphone;;

 

I wish I had my own gear with HE-560 so I can get better comparison but M9 was too heavy for NYC subway :p

BTW when I said Dr. Fang that I am thinking about buying HE-6, he told me to wait for HE-560. Also I really like HM-820

That's a rather hefty praise for HE560. :eek: 

post #1035 of 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

That's a rather hefty praise for HE560. :eek: 

Well I am not an expert head-fier but I am def buying HE-560 as soon as they come out lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch