- 3,990 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by nightmancometh, 1/7/14
Related Forum Threads
- Is bit perfect dac enough power for H 400? Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is bit perfect dac enough power for H 400? Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:21am in Computer Audio
- Upgrading from HD598 Last post on 3/9/14 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help for choosing a pair of 300-500€ over-ear headphones that suits any genres Last post on 3/3/14 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose my first Audiophile Headphones Last post on 3/4/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 - Page 19post #271 of 23751/10/14 at 2:13pmI'll sit back and watch that hype train roll.. Interesting times indeed...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 23751/10/14 at 2:16pmpost #273 of 23751/10/14 at 2:17pmQuote:
This is very exciting!
But kind of renders the HE500 obsolete :( if it is the same price as the HE500.. (not sure what the current price for the 500 is at the mo?)post #274 of 23751/10/14 at 2:19pmQuote:
Headphone performance isn't a linear scale, there are different flavours, and I'm willing to bet HE500 is different-sounding enough not to be directly made obsolete by the new cans, if their sound signatures are compared to HE6 and electrostatic headphones.post #275 of 23751/10/14 at 2:20pmQuote:
Hope so bud :)post #276 of 23751/10/14 at 2:22pmQuote:
Not really, HE-500 is 700$ [but probably could be had for around $650] while the HE-560 will be $900.
200 bucks could be a significant difference for some.post #277 of 23751/10/14 at 2:25pmpost #278 of 23751/10/14 at 2:25pmpost #279 of 23751/10/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
$200 is nothing when the hype train is rolling full speed. Oh, who am I kidding I just as excited as many others here. Just processed two sales to pad my pp account for a March purchase.post #280 of 23751/10/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
HM-901 - > EF-6 Using my usual test tunes. Same set up as I have at home.post #281 of 23751/10/14 at 2:27pmpost #282 of 23751/10/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
No, there are not that different. They both have this fun U-shaped signature with recessed mids. I was amazed at how similar they sounded for casual listening, actually.
The TH-600 is a bit more refined up top, the HE-4 slightly warmer but they have a similar fun approach to sound.
The Fostex has a tonality that reminds me of Focal speakers, while the HE-4 would be more in the Q701 territory, but even the AKG and Focal house sound are not that different (bright/airy).Quote:
The TH-600 are closed-back non-sealing headphones. They don't block outside sound like the Mad Dogs / Alpha Dogs (or any closed back sealed headphone for that matters) do.
They sound very open for closed-back, IMO.post #283 of 23751/10/14 at 2:27pmpost #284 of 23751/10/14 at 2:29pmpost #285 of 23751/10/14 at 2:29pmQuote:
Where is prep btw? And EdWood...can you upload a video for us? We are at your mercy as the only headfi inside man at CES.
- Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG Q701 Review 10 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 44 seconds ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread! 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › WTB Hifiman HE-500 1 minute ago
- › Matrix m-stage or Schiit Asgard? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 2 minutes ago
- › Budget headphones choices 2 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude